[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello guys. I am at the beginning of the game and I would like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Hello guys.
I am at the beginning of the game and I would like to have some tips. My only experiences with SMT are Persona 3 & 4 and this one seems a lot harder. Besides, I'm not familiar with dungeon crawlers and not specially good with RPGs.

What should I know ? I'm lvl 9 I think.
>>
>>321551184
Fuse demons, use buffs, physical attacks are pretty good. Get magatamas whenever possible.
>>
Phys Demi-fiend is best Demi-fiend, get Focus and Fog breath.
Buffs and debuffs are really important.
Fuse your fucking demons.
>>
You can change menus with left and right d-pad buttons in combat, might not be obvious to everyone

Pass your weaker demon's turns (i.e. healer) to the stronger ones

Use buffs and debuffs, they are extremely powerful

Abuse weaknesses

Do not lose your initial Pixie which you got in the hospital, if you fuse her keep track of the fusion progress

You can learn each skill from Magatamas only once, so choose wisely which ones you discard

Daisoujou kicks ass
>>
Strength builds are much better than magic.
Buffs are great.
Focus and Fog Breath are both skills you should keep the whole game.
Daisoujou is best demon.
>>
>>321551515
wow, pretty much this.
but also keep in mind daisoujou is broken and wasn't in the game originally.
>>
>>321551515
>Daisoujou kicks ass
This too, all the fiends are great party members. Also, Uzume is the best early game healer, she learns Media and Mana refill. Titania is also another great demon.
>>
Don't sacrifice Pixie or have her leave the party. Evolve her or fuse her into something else, but don't actually get rid of her or whatever you fuse/evolve her into.
Remember this. It's important.
>>
>>321551461
>>321551515
>>321551669
>>321552638

Thanks guys, that's a lot of help.

One question, is it profitable to exp monsters, or should just I focus on fusion ?

And exp seems slow, is it normal ?
>>
>>321553258
Only Demi-Fiend and Dante to a lesser extent if you decide to get him in your party really requires you to get exp, fusing demons is the most profitable way to get ahead.
>>
>>321552638
Also, whatever you fuse her into, that demon will always be at the top of the list.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>321551736
How to break the game with Daisojou:

>Fuse Makatora (MP sharing skill) into Daisojou
>Keep Meditation and Prayer
>That's it

Congrats! You broke the game. You now have a demon mana battery that can share its MP with other party members, refill it easily, and can fully heal your party's HP and status ailments.
>>
>>321553258
Fusions are normally the ways to win. The problem really is that Persona 3 and 4 built upon Nocturne and improved a lot of things. Like having more control over the fusions and knowing which ability the demon wants to fuck with. Bosses are much harder in Nocturne than in Persona 3 and 4 (maybe not 3 because fuck the AI). You will soon meet up with a fucker of a boss and if you haven't been recruiting demons, categorizing them and fusing them the game basically just kills you. The game is great but I wouldn't mind a remake that gives you some of the improvements the newer games have.
>>
>>321553905
Alright. I suppose you're talking about that cool skeleton ? What do you mean by categorizing ?
>>
>>321555016
Demonic Compendium. You register demons which you can buy later to fuse. And yeah that guy is really just a giant wall made to just force you to learn about fusing to get the right demons to beat his ass.

Really the only annoying thing the game has is that if your guy dies the game is over. So if by some chance a demon cast and instant death move on you and it hits (low chance but it can happen) too bad game over.
>>
>>321551184
>My only experiences with SMT are Persona 3 & 4 and this one seems a lot harder.
the only sound explanation for this would be if you killed ryoji and namatame
>>
Fuse demons, level only physical stuff up until you get non-elemental shit and get Daisoujou.
>>
>>321555481
How do you know ? Matamane was an asshole :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 450x811) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 450x811
Can someone explain the Amala maze to me?

It sounds like an optional dungeon, as the game isn't forcing me to do it. Does it just effect what ending I'll get?

Also are obtaining the Candelabra optional too? I've killed about 5 fields so far but haven't found any more.
>>
>>321556410

*fiends

Autocorrect
>>
how the fuck do i fight matador
>>
>>321556410
It's optional yes, but still definitely worth going through as it's a hefty amount of quality content.
Its completion is required to fight the second final boss and get a special ending.
>>321556642
Fog Breath. Demons that are immune to wind. it's not hard to figure it out, man.
>>
>>321551184
Buffs are good. That means kaja spells. Don't give up to matador. Buy the right magatama before you fight him

>>321556701
Buy the right magatama from the shop. Fuse uzume for media and other force nulling demons

>>321556410
If you complete the Labyrinth before you enter the final dungeon you can get the True Demon ending. The candelabra are just needed for progressing further into the labyrinth
>>
>>321556642
Fog Breath a few times and he's limper than a bag of milk.
>>
>>321553258
You want to read a guide to fusing, the game doesn't explain shit about how it actually works
>>
>>321557498
it just lets you hit more oft
wait, if you set his agility down enough does he miss almost every hit
>>
>>321557910

He'll just whip out another Red Capote if you put his buff level into the negatives.
>>
>>321553258
Level up demons if you want their skills for fusion, otherwise fuse as much as possible if its worth it.

Also, keep Pixie in your party, or the demon you fused her into (or the demon that one got fused into, or the one THAT one got fused into, etc). If you explore the Labyrith of Amala near the end of the game you can get a unique demon.
>>
>>321557910
He'll just keep using Red Capote. Use Fog Breath to bring him down to neutral and then go wild.
>>
>>321556642
iirc angel+pixie gives Uzume with Media
>>
>>321551184
Play a better game instead
>>
>>321556410
Completely optional bonus dungeon. It has Dante, more bosses, good grinding rooms, and unique demons you can buy or get by fulfilling some requirements.

If you go down to the end of the last floor and go down an elevator you get locked into the True Demon Ending which includes a harder final boss and unlocks the last skill of the first magatama you got. That skill is amazing. You can also complete it until the last floor, then just turn around when you reach the elevator if you want a different ending.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.