[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1434473616730.jpg (73 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1434473616730.jpg
73 KB, 600x800
Okay /v/ I know whet you're gonna say but...

I'm beginning to think MGSV is actually a postmodem masterpiece.

I can't explain it without sounding like a pretentious cunt and I even know the was disappointing for fans. Hell even I was disappointed when I first beat it. I went from being angry, depressed, betrayed, and content within a week of beating it. It's not until a long time of reflecting on it can I finally say, at least for me. This game is honestly the best metal gear since MGS1.

I actually feel a phantom pain from this game and it's nut "cause muh cut content" the story was just so deceiving and meaningless in the grand schemer of the series that it makes me feel like it wasn't even a true MGS game. A phantom pain of not being able to close the gap and see the actual big biss legacy unfold.

The medic being a representation of both big boss and the player drives this home even more.

It's hard to explain in words but something about the game makes look back on it and say "wow that was actually really good."
>>
File: 1436467210851.jpg (86 KB, 800x683) Image search: [Google]
1436467210851.jpg
86 KB, 800x683
Here we go

None of the ruse bullshit was real and the monds of kojidrones are now retreating into 'postmodern masterpiece' justifications for the game being an unfinished piece of shit.
>>
>>321548287
>implying
I didn't even join the rusecruise.

You can say whatever you want but MGS2 got the same exact treatment by the deva and fans.
>cut content
>deceiving story
>disappointed fans
Then it was hailed as a postmodem masterpiece.
>>
>>321548069
Please, explain it while sounding like a pretentious cunt.
>>
Nah Kojima went past postmodernism with MGS2 and its deconstructionism, culminating with a new-sincerity sequel, that is MGS3. Everything after is just cashcowing and failed projects from Kojima, fucker should've moved on a while ago.
>>
File: 1429980905011.jpg (111 KB, 468x624) Image search: [Google]
1429980905011.jpg
111 KB, 468x624
>>321548648
Kojima didn't finish the game because he spent too much time and money trying to get into his waito waifu's pantsu.

There's nothing smart about it, it's just plain incomplete. Accept it.
>>
>>321549082
I'm not saying he planned it, I'm just saying it kinda feels like it.

I dint think kojima planned mgs2 being like that either. People were very upset about that game. They outright lied in pre release footage for that game.
>>
>>321548648
There's a big difference between subversion and nothing whatsoever. You can't just state:
>People don't like this thing
>People don't like good thing
>Therefore I can say since people don't like thing; thing is actually good.
And pretend that it has merit just based on that. MGS2 can champion on the strength of its story, and the gameplay. MGSV cannot.

MGS2 had cut characters and a cut bossfight sure. But so do all videogames and all things when you expand to deleted scenes and so forth. MGS1 cut a fight with Decoy Octopus; they decided in the term of their development to not include one. Maybe Ocelot's fight in 2 was farther along with that; but the game as released was structured so that it wasn't a dangling thread. What MGS2 didn't do however was entirely populate the game with cardboard cutouts, bank on broken mechanics in a way that the game couldn't deliver on and drag on through filler towards a conclusion you needed to buy the special edition to watch.
>>
>>321550013
I literally said none of that. Fuck off.
>>
>>321550301
No you implied it by saying the elements of the games were in step. Which is a nonelement in assessing the game itself.
>>
>>321550548
How are they not? 90% of shell 2 cut the Manhattan bridge cut, fight with ray cut, snake being showed as playable in big shell, liquid was brought back in a retarded way just to lease fans, raider wasn't even shown in game at all.

There was tons of bs surrounding MGS2 and it very clearly parallels MGSV. The sheet fact that you're defending MGS2 proves my.point.

You can't sit there and tell me you weren't pissed about that game at launch, nearly everyone was and now people praise it's retard story and nobody remembers all the lies. Tell me that doesn't sound like V.

But you'll just tell me MGS2 was flawless and had a deep story that wasn't bullshit at all.

and I do actually like MGS2 but I still raise how retarded everything about it was
>>
>>321551798
No asshole. MGS2 isn't flawless. Nothing is flawless. The existence of flaws is not what we're discussing. MGS2 was a completed game. MGSV was not a completed game.

You again are throwing out the development as if that's the matter that's decisive. That content had been cut is immaterial to the final cut being cohesive. MGS2 has a point the narrative comes to a head and concludes. MGSV continues past its apparent conclusion and attempts to start a new plot thread, then leaves with the climactic ending being nothing more than a tangential retcon. This is so clearly incomplete they include a half done cutscene on a special edition.

You want to talk about the lingering questions of perspective both games try to leave on? MGS2 had a clearly built-in thematic climax surrounding its ideas of information manipulation. I don't particularly care about your opinions if the promotion was part of it. MGSV as a unit doesn't deal with personal identity at all up until The Man Who Sold the World. Which itself doesn't lend anything to the game beyond affirming Liquid's identity.
>>
>>321548069
>Okay /v/ I know whet you're gonna say but...
>I'm beginning to think MGSV is actually a postmodem

I stopped reading right here
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.