[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get FF tactics or tactics ogre? Is turn-based strategy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Should I get FF tactics or tactics ogre?

Is turn-based strategy console games gameplay similar to PC one (ex: divinity: original sin, heroes, age of wonders, wakfu)

and yes, i play on a vita, pls no bully (i didnt even buy it, my brother gave it to me, guess why)
>>
>>321546790
as the only person on /v/ other than me with a vita,

I just purchased 2 physical games. Lumines and persona 4 golden. Lumines had a button that went online and found an update/patch for the game.

When I started persona 4 there wasn't any such button, it hasn't downloaded an update. These are the first two physical games ive bought. Am i missing something? Is there no update for persona 4?

and a bump 4u
>>
>>321547010
there's a vita general on /vg/
>>321546790
both
>>
I would say SRPGs are more stats based compared to western turn based strategy. Only one that was more focused on tactics I can remember was natural doctrine, that is in vita as well
>>
>>321547010
isnt lumines a psp game originally?
>>
>>321546790
Both are fantastic games. I prefer Final Fantasy Tactics a bit more, but, you can't go wrong with either.
>>
Vita is currently on sale. Should I pick one up? I'm a bit sad about the lack of psone games available in the US. Can the weeb games carry it?
>>
>>321546790
Play Yggdra Union.
>>
>>321546790
>Should I get FF tactics or tactics ogre?

You should really get both, because they're essentially different takes on the same thing. As far as just story goes TO is fantasy Yugoslavia going to hell while FFT is fantasy War of the Roses.
>>
>>321547364
Well the card art looks kinda nice, not sure if I agree with the gameplay.
>>
>>321547217
Oh, thank you anon. Because if there is something i truly despise in tactical RPGs, it's having to follow guides to know how to stat your character correctly if you don't want to get stuck at the end of the game. Because yes, you can almost never respec your characters without mods (even in divinity you can only buy one respec book) lol.
So yes, i definitely prefer combat tactics to stats, lol. At least you feel like having some autonomy and freedom of choice when you play.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.