[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we hear about elder Scrolls VI: hammerfell in 2016?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: map_hf_names.jpg (1 MB, 4440x2401) Image search: [Google]
map_hf_names.jpg
1 MB, 4440x2401
Will we hear about elder Scrolls VI: hammerfell in 2016?
>>
you'll be able to walk across the entire expanse of hammerfell in three minutes

towns and cities will have an unprecedented three buildings and four NPCs in each

in order to streamline the experience for new players, there will be no skills or attributes
>>
I hope Kingdom come will take the free-roaming crown of the cuckhesda
>>
>>321547410
I really hope Bethesda listens to people's complaints about lack of complexity
>>
Won't be Hammerfell, no one gives a shit about some sand negros.
>>
Definitely not

I really hope they make some big changes though. Obviously the writing will still be shit but that's not what I play Bethesda games for. I just want a new fucking engine, or at least an actual upgrade that isn't just physically based rendering and zero animation improvements

This wouldn't be received well but I honestly wish they'd drop the "every object in the world is physical!" meme, it's holding them back from superior graphics and NO LOADING SCREENS.
>>
>>321547643
>>321547410

The complexity of FO4's actual gameplay is fine. The Perk system is functionally identical to skills, just with more flair. The problem is the shit visuals and Emil Fagliarulo's fan fic writing
>>
File: 1445692608109.jpg (39 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
1445692608109.jpg
39 KB, 600x390
>>321546789
Man, hat map makes hammerfell look really awesome and diverse. I would pay a lot to play Hammerfell with Morrowind depth, and updated graphics.
>>
>>321546789
hope not
>>
File: anvil-modded-pc.jpg (150 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
anvil-modded-pc.jpg
150 KB, 1024x614
>>321547626
Is there a release date?

I like that they're trying to create a living world instead of Beth's bullshit robotic AI.
>>
>>321548010
idk I still felt the roleplaying was a bit lacking, maybe because no matter how you play the game you know that you'll eventually be perfect at everything.
>>
>>321548321

I can understand that perspective but realistically no one who isn't autistic will ever make it that far

Personally I want a level cap as well though, mostly so I can actually fucking max my level instead of feeling like "I'll never really be finished!". There's zero satisfaction in that
>>
I wish they did Black Marsh back when Morrowind was coming out.

I don't want a casual-audience focused Black Marsh or Summerset Isles. Or Elswheyr for that matter.
>>
>>321548010
i disagree
The complexity of FO4's actual gameplay is not fine. The Perk system is not functionally identical to skills.
>>
>>321548525
Yeah I'm at least hoping for a UI overhaul for leveling up, the perk poster really doesn't work for me
>>
>>321548314
summer 2016
>>
>>321548639

Coming from someone who's only played Skyrim and Morrowind (and thought both were mediocre, probably preferred Skyrim with ENB for improved visuals if anything), what's with this massive "casualization" complaint?

Obviously the writing suffers horribly going from Morrowind to Skyrim, but imo they hit a perfect balance in terms of gameplay streamlining. It's not daunting to get into but there's still a fair amount of personalization and the combat system doesn't make me want to kill myself
>>
>>321549083
>what's with this massive "casualization" complaint?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Differences_Between_Morrowind,_Oblivion,_and_Skyrim

I have a great resource when people invariably ask this question.
>>
>>321548752

Can you explain why? I haven't played 3 or New Vegas in a long time, maybe I'm wrong
>>
>>321548087

good form pupper
>>
>>321549083
Some skills have been cut or streamlined over the years and NPC dialogue isn't as long because they're voiced nowadays. I'm praying that Bethesda doesn't make me have a voiced protagonist in the next ES
>>
>>321546789

That's way too green for hammerfell, in fact where the hell is the massive desert at?
>>
>>321548087

this dog cant lift that though so what is the point of this picture? its just leaning on it not even trying to lift it
>>
>>321547410
FO4 actually takes 29 minutes to walk across if you start from the glowing sea and go to salem. Stop clinging to muh 11 minutes.
>>
>>321549551
Take your autism pills.
>>
File: Fox Socks.jpg (149 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Fox Socks.jpg
149 KB, 1600x1600
>>321546789
With this map I could really see Bethesda doing this. Here are some socks.
>>
>>321549083
Honestly, I played MW for the first time at age 21 (about 3 years ago), the combat didn't bother me at all. Like, the graphics were the only thing I minded, and I got over it in 2 hours.

Not trying to be an elitist prick, but did you never play a dice based game like Baldur's Gate, KotOR, NWN, etc?
>>
>>321549289

I don't mind streamlining generally, I just want to be able to roleplay somewhat with fun combat, rewarding exploration and good writing. Skyrim really only has exploration down but melee is surprisingly ok in Fallout 4 so I'm hopeful. I just want Emil fired for fuck's sake, even I would do a better job writing TES and I barely know the lore
>>
I think a big reason a lot of people are also unhappy with the modern ES games is that the audience is much bigger too. Back in Morrowind, the audience was so comparatively small that devs would put in graves for dead members of the Bethesda forums. Don't see much of a community presence in the newer games now though
>>
>>321549768

No, I really haven't. I can see the value in a system like that (and Morrowind wasn't that bothersome), I just prefer responsive controls and inputs to slightly improved roleplaying systems. I see how that could bother purists though
>>
>>321549695
nice socks
>>
I just want a new engine familia. Strangely enough I didn't enjoy The Witcher 3 but I can't deny it's graphical prowess (and NO FUCKING LOADING SCREENS and MORE THAN FIVE NPCS AT A TIME).
>>
>>321550214
Thanks. They're Fox Socks!
>>
>>321550389
If there's not a new engine in the next ES I probably won't even bother with it.
>>
>>321550527

The thing I don't understand is why they can't just make their own engine actually good

Look at fucking Rockstar. The leap between GTA IV and V is astronomical
>>
>>321550761
Yeah, hell even RDR looked leaps and bounds better. Gamebryo is really old now though and I think it needs more than a modification at this point
>>
File: n3XLlep.jpg (444 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
n3XLlep.jpg
444 KB, 1600x900
>>321551239
>gamebryo

This meme needs to stop. The creation engine was made for skyrim, and there's only traces of gamebryo left in the code. It was 98% a new engine.

FO4 runs on a modified version of the creation engine.

It's still shit, but it's not gamebryo shit. It's their own brand of shit.
>>
>>321551940
That looks amazing, I forgot how beautiful Oblivion was.....
>>
I want Blackmarsh+Elsweyr in one game.
I want to see deserts, jungles, swamps, etc. Forests are getting old.
>>
>>321552292
you know that they would ruin the lore with Elsweyr
>>
>>321552097
Modded oblivion/skyrim can still look pretty good in their own ways.
>>
>>321552357
I don't care. Give me desert and cat people to murder.
>>
It's so gonna have the base building from F4. It was like the only feature the game had that people actually liked.
>>
>>321552292

I'd go with Valenwood+Elsweyr, you get a nice contrast of forest and desert.

You'd have to go with a much larger map though, something that goes beyond witcher 3.
>>
>>321548087
good form, pupper
>>
>>321548752
I don't see how new vegas' gameplay is any deeper. The AI is even more braindead and just stand out in the open instead of taking cover. The quests are better though.
>>
>>321547846
A new engine wouldn't improve the animations.
>>
Why do you guys even care, it's going to be shit. There's no need to talk about it. Do what I do, don't even read up or follow new games at all. None of them are going to be good.
>>
>>321555262
okay bud
>>
File: giflxxS.png (1 MB, 800x3176) Image search: [Google]
giflxxS.png
1 MB, 800x3176
>>321555262
Don't stamp on our dreams can't
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.