[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into Dorf Fortress?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Summitspear spring 252.png (2 MB, 1600x878) Image search: [Google]
Summitspear spring 252.png
2 MB, 1600x878
How do I into Dorf Fortress?
>>
Read and follow the quickstart guide on the wiki for easy beginnings. Don't forget to Dwarf The Rapist.
>>
By doing whatever the fuck you want.
>>
Watch "how to" videos or read a guide. If you have the patience you'll get the basics down in an afternoon.

And remember, losing is fun.
>>
>>321541580
Keep the wiki open as you play, read the in game tutorials, die a lot and learn from your mistakes.

It's really not that hard, it's just intimidating at first. After a few hours you'll have a good handle on it and then you start figuring out how to get back at the game. At least until it throws your another curve ball.
>>
Get rid of that awful tileset for starters.
>>
File: dorf.webm (3 MB, 957x720) Image search: [Google]
dorf.webm
3 MB, 957x720
>>321542148
What do you suggest then?
>>
>>321542148
But I like phoebus
>>
>>321542270
source?
>>
>>321542581
I've never liked phoebus- the way the wall tiles look is just really ugly and so I've never been able to work with it- sides, IIRC the main guy working on it stopped recently so the advantage it had of being the biggest constantly updated tileset is gone.

I use ironhand as my tileset of choice- it might be a dead set so nothing new gets put in, but there's still someone unofficially keeping it updated to each new release even if they aren't working on it as a tileset. There's just something about how they do the wall textures which is really pretty and is why I like the set.
>>
>>321542956
Not him but I think Record of Lodoss War?
>>
>>321543195
thanks!
>>
File: VV7Vegansthinktheyrebetter.jpg (333 KB, 750x613) Image search: [Google]
VV7Vegansthinktheyrebetter.jpg
333 KB, 750x613
>>321541580
Just play modded rimworld
>>
>>321541580
Read wiki, watch youtube, try shit.
>>
>>321542956
Record of every elf in any hentai ever
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.