[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YOKAI WATCH WILL FLOP /V/ I SWEAR!!! For the second time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: yokai_watch.jpg (229 KB, 1200x719) Image search: [Google]
yokai_watch.jpg
229 KB, 1200x719
>YOKAI WATCH WILL FLOP /V/ I SWEAR!!!
For the second time in my life, /v/ was right on something flopping.
>>
>>321532561
I don't know why you were surprised desu senpai
>>
>>321532561
it's because the commercials talked about piss demons. who cares
>>
You say it like /v/ appeared on the bible and religiously think about what others think about daily.
>>
I watched the cartoon and thought it was an okay show but I don't think kids would be too in to it
>>
>>321532561
Good, this game sucks the big one.
>>
File: 48920389_p0.jpg (89 KB, 800x1002) Image search: [Google]
48920389_p0.jpg
89 KB, 800x1002
It flopped because it's gay.
>>
It was obvious from the start. Pokemon-clones don't sell at all outside of Japan.
>>
Game is just too weird and japanese, even after being translated.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JRs5pTSOU
I wonder why it flopped.
>>
Monster designs, asides from one or two, are shitty as fuck. And I've seen some shitty ass monster designs.

>Some monsters' sole existance are dedicated to farting/toilet humor

Ugh.
>>
My brother got this for christmas and is loving it. It's his first video game too. Seems to me that the game just wasn't advertised enough or correctly.
>>
>yokai watch thread
>shota thread in a few minutes
>>
>>321532561
A Level-5 game being a flopped shit.

Unexpected!
>>
File: 1449551595085.png (222 KB, 810x945) Image search: [Google]
1449551595085.png
222 KB, 810x945
>>321536736
>>
>>321532561
Except is doing super well in Japan, is this a joke?
>>
>>321537576
Japs also gobble up shit like Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter like there's no tomorrow.

Japs have terrible taste.
>>
>>321538026
>Japs also gobble up shit like Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter

So does the west, do you know how well New Leaf and MH4U sold?
>>
>>321536928
who is this
>>
>>321538026
Japanese are the biggest casuals in the gaming indusrtry.
>>
>>321537576
Yeah because unlike Pokemon there isn't any tryhards competitive wise
>>
It was fairly obvious.

> Naming it Yokoi Watch as if American kids will know what the hell Yokois are. Should've used spirit or ghost or something similar.

> The marketing was really REALLY bad. Making an endearing game only about farting and laughs. Cheeck Squeak...

> The game just isn't very good and doesn't appeal to a wide audience. Too easy and boring for older people (auto battles killed it for me, I actually planned on getting it until I played the demo), and completely failed to reach its target audience. The game doesn't appeal to anyone.
>>
>>321532561
>Sell ~1.4 mil in Japan
>Sell 70k overseas

loving every laugh

But seriously, when you see shit like this it makes realize think Squeenix is fucking retarded for being upset about a DQ game selling 1 mil overseas instead of 4 mil like it does in Japan.
>>
>>321532561
>a Level-5 game flopping
>surprised by this

And it's on top of the fact that Yokai Watch amplifies the fear of protective Christians since the game is based on actual demons. If Pokemon was condemned by these same Christians, then Yokai Watch wouldn't be any better
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21 KB, 450x299
>>321539678
>Street Fighter is hugely popular in Japan
>Tekken is hugely popular in Japan
>Guilty Gear/other ArcSys games are hugely popular in Japan
>All are really hard to learn and master
>>
I mean, when you say EVERY game coming out will flop, your bound to get one right. This one in particular happened to be true.
>>
I thought it was fun.

I've heard the second one is much better, so I hope the first one didn't flop so hard that we'll never see the second.
>>
>>321540881
You know Watch Ghosts would have been an amazing title.
>>
>>321540881
>The game doesn't appeal to anyone.

Then why its so popular in Japan?
>>
>>321534504
I watched a couple episodes and it looked like a total kids show to me. It has the really goofy ass silly face shit and everything. Not that adults couldn't enjoy it too. I didn't particularly like it, but it didn't seem bad in any sense either.
>>
>>321542083
I meant in the west. It sells there because kids eat it up as a baby's first rpg. American children only care about Pokemon.
>>
>>321541839
>Any of those games hard
Are you 12? Street Fighter games are incredibly casual and easy. They become even easier if you pick a character that has gamebreaking mechanics.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.