[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did this game go so fucking wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: rs9.jpg (63 KB, 791x527) Image search: [Google]
rs9.jpg
63 KB, 791x527
Where did this game go so fucking wrong?
>>
>>321527541
it was never good. you can't fix what isn't broken
>>
File: sshot0022.png (303 KB, 1022x766) Image search: [Google]
sshot0022.png
303 KB, 1022x766
It came out too late to beat this game.
>>
Grand Exchange
>>
>>321527648
This.

Also it looked like shit, WoW decimated it graphically.
>>
>>321527541
Evolution of combat
Insane grind with very little reward for it
Playerbase getting worse and worse over time
Quests deciding to try and become serious, despite the writers just not being good enough to pull it off
Not letting me quit yet
>>
>>321527541
>Grand exchange
>When player to player trade had to of equal value, and then when that fell through the G.E. prices of each to be displayed
>fucking ruining the wildness
>shoving in more and more skills to grind instead of improving upon the ones already there

Their might be more, I haven't played since 2009
>>
It's still got some things going for it.

It still feels like the only MMO (at least that I've seen) where you can genuinely dedicate yourself to a non-combatant role and not be missing 90% of the game.
>>
Seconding grand exchange
>>
>>321527541
Barrows update
>>
When wilderness was fucked.
When Grand Exchange was included.
When the combat was fucked.
When the game was initially released. It is a shit game.
>>
>>321528902
Yeah. That and the high risk/ high reward PVP made the game way better than it had any right to be. Need an mmo that takes those aspects and does everything else better.
>>
>>321528587
>Quests deciding to try and become serious

Probably the worst. I can stand even EoC since runescape's game mechanics were never anything to write home about, but quests really need to keep themselves at half-serious.
>>
Game is still great and I'm enjoying the raids. Git gud.
>>
It started going downhill with the wildly being shutdown, trade limits and grand exchange.

The nail in its coffin however was Evolution of Combat. If I wanted to cycle through f1, f2 and f3 ad nauseam I would play WoW.

Also now they spam popups in game to use their cashshop
>>
>>321527541
Maybe when they started adding dumb things in like fatigue or made it so that you couldn't duel wherever you wanted.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.