[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12
File: latest[1].jpg (339 KB, 1204x1500) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
339 KB, 1204x1500
How do you feel about this series?
>>
It's great. Perfect blend of story and gameplay.
>>
baka senpai
>>
>>321516464
Tomb Raider old and new is better.
The gameplay in Uncharted is pretty mediocre.
>>
It's fun. Right mixture of gameplay and story.
>>
It's amazing. Solid effort at making a story-based action game
>>
2 was alright, the rest are mediocre and I'm not expecting that much from 4
>>
It's cool. I liked that there was both movie and game.
>>
It's epic. Has both action and cutscenes.
>>
It's awesome. Captures the thrill of the chase both in narrative and controls.
>>
A series that bets all their chips on graphics can't be great.
>>
It's dank. Amazing how well they mixed story and action gameplay.
>>
Very cinematic, but enjoyable.
>>
>>321517272
actually the series bets its chips on the writing which is great
>>
Cloe has one of the best asses in vidya.

That's the only notable thing though.
>>
1 and 3 are boring and awful

2 was acceptable - mostly for pacing reasons and that it had a cohesive narrative - but you couldn't pay me enough to replay it nowadays

ND should've let this franchise die after making TLOU, I think they really underestimate the popularity of this series, and the 'likeability' of its obnoxious and non-funny main character

also doesn't help that nolan north is in literally everything since the first game
>>
>>321516464
Indiana Jones to play + Nolan North.
>>
>>321517334

Nobody uses the word dank, sonypony
>>
It's like they mixed a really good dramatic film and a fun TPS game into one work of art.
>>
>>321516464

It's fecal. Right mixture of low framerate and bad controls.
>>
>>321517652
>not playing the remstered version
>>
>>321516464
Just bought a PS4 and that this morning. Played the first one in one sitting - pretty great.
>>
>>321516464

It's rape. Solid dick in my overheated PS3.
>>
>>321517721
Stop fucking your PS3. She's hot, but its not worth it
>>
It's alright.
>>
I'm gonna combo break epic samefagging , but I just finished playing all 3 of them and want to say my thoughts.
And my thoughts is that this series are so overrated , it's blow my mind how people can praise anything. The whole gameplay design consisting of: small arena you can't leave with few enemy waves, then a little bit of parkour and finally few enemies on your way. After that, repeat. And honestly it's all right for the most part, but sometimes arena sections goes for so long and much harder than other parts of the game it's getting tedious to play.

Oh , and sometimes action on the screen is so fucking dumb, it manages to break all immersion.
I never played series before and now, after completing all of them, I'm sure as hell not gonna buy 4 until it cost 20 bucks.
>>
>>321516464

I would like Naughty Dog to buy Crash back from Activision and make it great again.
>>
I enjoyed playing the first 2 games on crushing difficulty. It was a solid challenge, especially the first one.
>>
>>321517681
>Played the first one in one sitting
I see what you did there.
>>
>>321517950
I don't know what I did. I literally mean I sat down, started playing, and didn't get up until I finished.
>>
>>321517415
Chloe a cute.
>>
How do you feel about this 4?
>>
U2 was one of my favourite games on PS3. It's so well put together, like an example of what a TPS can be if you do just about everything right. The first and third had some niggles but I still thought they were okay.
>>
>>321518056
MP is alright but needs work
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
I like it.

It is like Indiana Jones trilogy.

/v/ might be shitting the bed just thinking about it, but some of my favourite games are """movies""" like Heavy Rain or Until Dawn.
>>
>>321516464
Boring, /v/ lied to me when they said Uncharted 2 was good. The beta for UC4 was kinda fun though.
>>
>>321516464
it is trite michael bay explosions cinematics after cinematics shit with indie dev tier clunky "gameplay" if you can even name it that way. basically amounts to a moving shooting gallery.
Uwe Boll could write a better story and plot, yet it is hailed as some amazing landmark because "LOL VIDEO GAMES INDUSTRY IS SERIOUS BUSINESS WE ARE ALL FAILED DIRECTORS AND WRITERS BUT WE ARE DEFINITELY PROS IN WHAT WE DO WE SWEAR!!! CINEMATIC GAMES ARE ART TOO!"
>>
>>321518001
Oh you cheeky anon, you!
>>
Naughty Dog have some of the best level- and game designers, writers, software engineers and actors in the entire industy. The attention they put into detail for the tinyest facests of their games is astonishint and their multiplayer games rank up their with the best of the best.

Both Uncharted and The Last of Us deserve every last wordmof praise they get, and then some.
>>
It's just a mediocre third person shooter franchise.

Nothing special about it, story is bland and generic and its sole purpose is just to fill the void, shooting is okay and visuals for the time were nice. Reason why this people consider this franchise to be somehow one of the best in gaming are either just blind fanboys or people who seriously need to play more games.
>>
>>321518281
This is my first time revisiting /v/ after I quit playing video games two years ago. Now I remember why I left in the first place.
>>
>>321518381
Go to bed anon, you are drunk!
>>
>>321518446
Merry Christmas to you, you glorious bastard. You are free to leave again any time.
But never forget what Mr. Burns said...
>>
Very good.

2 is the best but 3 is still a very nice game regardless.
>>
One was a tech demo.
Two was surprisingly better in every way.
Three was a hodgepodge that retreaded set pieces from two but worse. Jumps around two much never developing any locale. Enemies don't flank enough anymore and throwing back grenades is super gay in a cover shooter with not much difficulty to begin with.

I'm not holding my breath, but if four is being made because of internal dissatisfaction with three it might be bretty gud.
>>
File: 2009917-elena.jpg (74 KB, 1022x392) Image search: [Google]
2009917-elena.jpg
74 KB, 1022x392
I loved the second one. It actually had cool unlockable costumes and weapons and all kinds of shit that made it much more replayable.
Then they made Elena into a mongoloid for no reason.
>>
a gateway movie of the worst kind
>>
2 tricked me into thinking they were alright.
>>
>>321517334
I use the word "dank" humorously
like "those are some dank memes, friend!" and "T Swift's new song is so dank!"
>>
sonygger answer to graphics, until the game is released and you see the downgrade
>>
I'm extremely hyped about 4, my expectation is the gunplay will be good like TLOU
>>
Amazingly overrated. Platforming is completely automated, guns feel limp and weird, Drake is a pretty one note character and half of it is just scripted bullshit.
>>
>mfw new tomb raider releases on ps4 and sells five times as much than the xbone version
>>
File: 1449832813107.jpg (14 KB, 255x221) Image search: [Google]
1449832813107.jpg
14 KB, 255x221
Is the multiplayer any good?
>>
>>321521203
It's alright
>>
>>321517416
You mean overestimate? Lol

Anyway Uncharted 4's gonna sell 6 million minimum guaranteed than you'll cry in the corner like the fruitcake you are lmao
>>
>>321516464

I played TLOU before trying the Uncharted Collection.

I much prefer the controls of TLOU, Uncharted feels very primitive. It's also annoying trying to switch corners while in cover, TLOU handles cover & stealth generally much better.

For the PS3 they had great graphics, also the characters & script are very well done.
>>
I love it. The Indiana Jones of video game.
>>
Me gusta.
>>
>>321518035
My fave grill in all of vidya desu. She dethroned chun li. That's powerful m8. Would marry.
>>
I loved the old TR but the new ones have crappy gameplay so this is a good replacement.
>>
>>321522292
What 's the old tr?
>>
>>321516464
Fun games to watch, but I don't enjoy playing them. The controls feel too loose and floaty for my tastes. I was actually hoping they would have tightened them up a bit for the collection, but I tried the demo and it felt exactly the same as playing them on PS3.
>>
>>321522542
Yeah I hate the slow as fuck analog aim turning speed in Uncharted. if they just allowed it to be fast it would be so much better
>>
>>321517903
They said they don't want to do those types of games anymore.
>>
>>321521203
no, it's pay to win
>>
awful shit that ruined sony
>>
I have never played them
Are they even good? They seem unoriginal and dull
>>
It's good.
>>
>>321523823
edgy
>>
Not enough exploring for treasure solving puzzles without the magical handy dandy notebook, and too much nonstop Rambo shit versus armies of assholes who somehow always beat you to the one or two ancient locations you do find.
>>
File: 1450994840919.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450994840919.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
wtf Guys
the story in uncharted is extremely bland, it's like a tv b-movie at best
>omg le bad guy wants treasure
>better find treasure before him
thats it
>>
My wife loves them, and she has played through all 3 on PS3 as well as has purchased the PS4 collection.

I've played 1 for 15 minutes and some MP of 2 with her, and that's about it. The game structure and flow is entirely too linear with neatly divided halves of "this is the part where you murder twenty people who managed to get to this secluded locked away area because fuck you" and "this is the part where you cling to ledges until he waves his hand to tell you when it's OK to jump". Drake being a complete Smug Smirking Asshole the entire time makes me want to skip all story exposition.
>>
>>321524404
Sully's the only reason to trudge through them and I have a feeling he may die in 4.
>>
Why did OP post a picture of a PS3 game posing off as a PS4 game?

Where's that brand new Uncharted game for the PS4, is it still not out?
>>
>>321524178
That's all it's supposed to be.
A good old fashioned lets find the treasure adventure. It's not meant to push the boundaries of what it means to be human, or if a woman can be man or other faggy shit.

It's just a straight up regular ass old adventure.
>>
I think these games are amazing.
2 is the best but 3 has better mechanics.
Set-piece focused action shooter with a lot of movement options is a great contrast to the oversaturated open world market nowadays.
>>
i got the collection but about 4 hours into the first game i am fucking bored to all hell
>>
>>321524667
This. Not every story has to be deep and profound. It's an old school adventure tale and that's all it needs to be. If that's not your thing, that's okay, but that doesn't make the games bad because the plot doesn't appeal to you personally.
>>
File: 1450340857445.png (646 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450340857445.png
646 KB, 1280x720
Why can't we have threads like this one all the time, almost everyone is given their honest opinions, and there's only few shitposters.
>>
File: 1438821831158.png (364 KB, 851x626) Image search: [Google]
1438821831158.png
364 KB, 851x626
>>321525306
because of anime posters like u
>>
>>321525393
this
>>
>>321524178
And that's why this series are amazing, it's the closest that the video game are to action movies and you're actually playing it, not like "the order".
>>
First one is trash. It doesn't look good, it doesn't play good, and has shitty story.

Second one is bad. It looks good, it doesn't play good, and has shitty story.

Third one is bad. It looks good, it doesn't play good, and has A LOT of shitty story.

Easily one of the most disappointing titles I played on the Disappointment Station 3.
>>
>>321516464
it's EEEEEPIIIIIC! SO MANY EXPLOSIONS BOOOM! lol!
>>
Pretty great. A little short since it's mostly narrative based, but they balance this out by having unlockables and stuff.

I liked 2 the best.
>>
>>321516464
Guilty pleasures
Like playing a fun summer blockbuster
>>
>>321516464
Overrated shit movies for plebs
>>
>>321527301
Hello Reddit
>>
One is shit.

Two is awesome.

Three is shit.
>>
>>321524178
>shit story
>shit gameplay
>shit graphics
why do sonyggers like it again?
>>
>>321525306
>honest opinion
>few shitposters
this is why >>321529678
>>
Whats with the hate for 3? I thought it was okay.
>>
File: 1325867670783.png (29 KB, 248x206) Image search: [Google]
1325867670783.png
29 KB, 248x206
>>321527681
Exactly this
>>
File: 1337107568910.jpg (55 KB, 272x152) Image search: [Google]
1337107568910.jpg
55 KB, 272x152
>>321516464
Enjoyed it. Good action romps though I don't think I would ever really replay them.

2>3>1

4 may be really great if they stay away from QTE final bosses like in 1 and 3 and put in some ridiculous supernatural shit like in 1 and 2.
>>
>>321530058
I should probably add that my first experience was with the PS4 versions.

I have heard bad things about framerate on last gen, that would have honestly killed it for me.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.