[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game goes on sale >level 10 squad and team leaders >teamkilling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10
>game goes on sale
>level 10 squad and team leaders
>teamkilling everywhere
>half of the rifleman just sit and camp without taking objectives
>babbies taking marksmen roles just to be MLG pro snipers
>people run across Iwo Jima with zero cover

Thanks Gabe!
>>
I have never had this happen to me while playing, not sure what servers you play on.
>>
>>321513701
Isn't Rising Storm that really fun game?
>>
>>321514023
Shut up OP.
>>
>>321514023

So is Heroes of Stalingrad, I don't understand why people think it's a lesser game, they're both pretty much the same.
>>
>>321514182
Rising Storm has better grafix
>>
File: 2342.jpg (17 KB, 473x333) Image search: [Google]
2342.jpg
17 KB, 473x333
>>321513701
>horrible screeching over TL and SL
>verbal shitposting
>"autism autism autism autism autism autism"
>just generally unfunny bullshit all round
Yeah, its great.
>>
>>321513701
Sounds great I'm gonna buy this game and i'm gonna play with yhou o[p and we're gonna have lots of fun i cna't wait let's do it! yeahhhh! WOOOO!
>>
>>321514182
I'm about level 45 in RO2 and I maxed everything in Rising Storm about a year ago. Prefer the pacific maps and setting, the asymetricality and the weapons.
Watching RO2 players trying to hip fire machine guns at 20m is hilarious
>>
>>321513701

Haven't played since before the sale. Is it really that bad currently?
>>
Insurgency went on sale too but it seems to have just improved.
Play Insurgency instead OP, WW2 is boring anyway.
>>
so how do you play marksman correctly? there is so much cover everywhere and even if i crawl through bushes i get sniped by a regular rifleman at 150 meters. i'm not even a new player, i've had this game since it came out and i still think marksman is mostly useless.
>>
File: qtnatsocswastika.jpg (68 KB, 450x379) Image search: [Google]
qtnatsocswastika.jpg
68 KB, 450x379
>>321513701
>>321513701
I haven't played in a couple months, but this is one of the best shooters out there. It has good tacticool gameplay (interesting commander role, squad leaders etc) and there is a good balance in realism/shooter action.
Can't wait for Rising Storm 2
>>
>>321514460

Japanese can rambo banzai easily with their machine gun, which is kinda fun, too bad it has 30 round magazine, but it's so accurate close range and has high rate of fire.
>>
File: 5134124.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
5134124.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>321514182
>I don't understand why people think it's a lesser game

They don't. Most populated servers are HoS. Nobody wants to play rising banzai of the mortarflamer
>>
>reeeeeee no one plays the game I like
>sale
>reeeeeeee all these new players
>>
>>321514672
is this a Source game?
>>
>>321514182
If anything I hear more shit on RS for gimmicky special weapons and shit maps.
>>
>>321514724

Unreal 3.
>>
>>321513701
>tfw I'm one of those camper riflemen
>tfw I'm just a Fascist trying to defend a flank from one spot while other members die on the center of the map
>tfw racking up kills because filthy Tovarisch too preoccupied with my Manner
Feels good OP, try it sometime
>>
>>321514538

I have both.

Insurgency is good, love the gunplay, but it's pretty much a realistic Battlefield. There's practically zero teamwork. In RO2 you're gonna get rekt if you even try to go Rambo and it's impossible to win without teamwork.
>>
>>321514605
The main point is to cover windows and taking out MGs to let riflemen advance, if you can flank and kill SLs & the commander it's a bonus
Most people make the mistake of firing into groups of low value targets and give away their positions away
>>
>>321514767
really?
they really didn't put any work in the textures did they?
>>
>>321514480
Level 19 SL1s acting like extras in Saving Private Ryan and commanders that haven't played the tutorial yet are pretty common. Neither communicate or change roles when asked to
>>
I've tried to play as a sniper on three separate occasions, as well as picked up quite a few rifles of dead ones and I have absolutely no idea how to aim with that thing.
>>
>>321514605

MGs and high ranking enemy soldiers (like squad leaders) are your priority, most marksmen just lie down somewhere and take pot shots at enemy riflemen. Ideally your team should alert you about an enemy MG and then you take it out.
>>
>>321514901

Honestly, the community can be pretty demanding.

>play as a squad leader
>doing quite well
>die due to enemy arty
>SL2 YOU NEED TO STAY ALIVE
>>
>>321514798
windows and MGs get taken out by regular rifleman most of the time in my experience. i've never actually killed an SL or commander as marksman because they just camp behind walls/are on the other side of the map behind walls.

the only time i'm semi successful is on very open maps like the second half of red october factory, where i can camp on the edge of a map and snipe into enemy spawn. but then i still am at the bottom of the scoreboard because i don't get a single bonus point for killing from the objective.

>>321514972
the mgs are just too close, i feel like the marksman just has no advantage over mgs in any way. every class can just take a shot at mg and hit
>>
File: Canned Hate.jpg (20 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
Canned Hate.jpg
20 KB, 250x300
>>321514901

>mfw micless TLs and SLs

>>321515060

Most players can accept that even the best SLs will die from time to time, but the minority that can't tend to shout loudest. Just ignore the fuckwits and work with those who are playing properly.
>>
File: 1423520022018.jpg (102 KB, 680x966) Image search: [Google]
1423520022018.jpg
102 KB, 680x966
>Babbies going for smg or sniper classes
>Run around like this is CoD meets Quake levels of speed and autism.
>I'm squatting behind a low stone wall mowing them down by the dozen with my nugget.

Feels john goodman.
>>
>>321514798

Not every map is good for marksman, there's just too much cover and distance is so short that scope gives you no advantage.
>>
>>321514656
It's effective vs 1 or 2 stragglers, but the vertical climb and the low capacity means you can't clear a room the same way as you can with a 34 or 42

>>321514915
If it's any of the japanese scopes then the topmost line on the scope represents 0m, every notch below it is an extra 100m, fire from the 100m notch and you should have no problems. If it's any other rifle scroll the mouse wheel to adjust distances

>>321515060
Sometimes it's unavoidable, my main gripe is SLs that don't mark or throw smoke and try to head charges. It's a supportive role and you shouldn't be hanging around any dangerous areas unless your spawn is getting your squad killed or it's time to move to another position. Your squad should be covering your advance unless you are able to rush the next objective safely
>>
>>321515490
>try to head charges
People bitch if you die, I just camp behind the cap now and if someone complains I change class

SLs and TLs are basically classes where you babysit the team
>>
>>321516102
I wouldn't say basically, they ARE the roles where you babysit and have to tell retards when to push because they don't understand that friendly smoke and arty dropping is when they should advance.
I like playing them with a competent team, but if nobody listens I avoid them like the plague
>>
>>321514182
Rising storm requires flanking and actual tactics to win as japan

So its pretty shit given how bad the community is
>>
>>321517194
Sometimes you get a decent team that knows it needs to zerg with banzai, but most of the time Japanese loses as it's slightly harder to play compared to Americans.
>>
>>321517304
Americans also has the rapid firing rifle while the Japs don't. This affects the outcome of battles between newbies.
>>
>>321517194
>>321517304
Theres a fair amount of people on the 40-1 server that use mics to co-ordinate, the second there's a few of them on it becomes a lot more interesting
It's been decent there recently, teams are usually balanced well and it's down to the wire a lot of the time
>>
>>321518642
I usually go on whatever server is full, so that's either Merill's Marauders, 40-1 or Market Garden. There's a 4th one but I've forgotten the name.

Any of them has potential to have decent players.
>>
>>321518642

Can confirm. 40-1 servers are bretty gud.
>>
>>321514772
i salute you
>>
>>321514182
As someone who is max rank and max all items, I like RO2 more.

RS feels less balanced (American guns kick the fucking shit out of Japanese) and RO2 maps are just more fun.

Never been the biggest fan of RS.
>>
>>321519046
I'm just a scrub, I don't even know what level I am since I never bothered checking, but not a big fan of Rising Storm either.
>>
>>321518739
>>321518753
Merills & Market has decent players as well, but when I play there it's not usually as well organised so the americans win more often because of firepower
Not as many Japanese RPers either, so lacking warrior spirit

>>321519046
I'd say the BAR and arguably the level 50 thompson are the only straight up better guns the yanks have. Garands are a decent upgrade for new players as well
Flamers are good in enclosed spaces but knee mortars are worse when the users are decent
>>
>>321513701
>half of the rifleman just sit and camp without taking objectives
I do this too when the objective seems too crowded with enemies to take, is it really a bad thing to do? Most games I've played seemed to be decided by tickets anyway
>>
>>321520076
Only the japanese submachine gun is equal to the american arsenal, and even that goes to shit if you use the veteran upgrade.
>>
>game on sale
>people actually play the game
>game not on sale
>Wehraboo edgelord roleplaying
>>
>>321519046
>He doesn't know how to mortar, banzai and booby trap
>>
File: Hitler tips.jpg (59 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
Hitler tips.jpg
59 KB, 500x435
>Be me playing with my level 50 STG44
>Every nob TK's me for it
>I start setting my sights to the secondary ones who are shit when you put the 1.5x scope on
>Everyone is asking in team chat how to change sights
>I end up changing to Machinegunner in apartements with my MG42
>Get TKed again
>Tfw

Just axis stack like we all do they will end up going away.
>>
>>321520602
All shit when playing with pubs.

Which is like 90% the time. The American skill ceiling is several stories lower.
>>
>>321520109
Yeah, riflemen are supposed to push in the second there's an opportunity to.
Try to advance whenever you get the chance and cover the close range classes so they can clear the front of the point for you to get inside. Riflemen determine where the front line is, and there's nothing worse than a dozen of them sitting 10m away from the point too scared to rush in. Wastes time and reinforcements, on top of the risk of arty coming down right on your head

>>321520481
Type 100 base model is better than the thompson at clearing buildings, the upgrades are shit and aren't worth it. Only disadvantage over a level 50 thompson is that the fire rate and lower capacity means you can get caught out with an empty mag while clearing a building when you would have survived with the drum mag
>>
>>321520923
Is Axis stacking a real thing? Whenever I play a match or five at random points in time I always pick Axis because Germany and we barely ever lose.
>>
>>321520923
I thought weapons weren't dropped when you TK to prevent people from doing that, must just a server option
>>
>>321520923
>>321521104
>axis stacking
whats that?
>>
>>321521220
Naziboos only playing as Germans and usually winning because they play the game for hundreds of hours and know every camping spot.

This is the main reason why Rising Storm is better.
>>
>>321521104

Yes,in the community whenever we go on sale/free week we Axis stack to prevent TK's in one side or we just get the "admin week" where admins are placed 24/7 and every owner sets on the TK plugins.Axis stack was just an idea we came (the community) to prevent Tk's when this mesures aren't in effect.

The new players that ignore the TK and stay after the sales are welcomed with open hands and are considered true players,the other ones who leave because they don't know how to manual bolt are just people who gave money to tripwire to fund further updates

>>321521220

All the oldfags of ro2 stack on the axis team to prevent TK's.
>>
>>321513701
Thats what happened to Insurgency after all those bundles and sales. CS kids ruin everything.
>>
File: hee-hee.jpg (40 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
hee-hee.jpg
40 KB, 700x393
>>321522391
>Naziboos only playing as Germans and usually winning because they play the game for hundreds of hours and know every camping spot.
This seems to be true for more WW2 shooters though, the biggest tryhards always pick the germans. Bonus tryhard points for using a sniper or STG
In Heroes & Generals the Germans win basically every war
In Verdun the Central Powers win slightly more often too in my experience, and they have that OP MP18
>>
>>321513701
Is Red Orchestra 1 worth getting now?
I didn't like RO2 but I like PR and ARMA
>>
>>321522773

>Germans winning every war in HG

Most of the german community is getting butthurt because USA and soviets are forming alliances and beginning to win wars

>>321522773

> Central Powers winning everytime

Dude take tip from someone in the KK:

You can win with any side, the french have the mosqueton and all the f1 grenade spam and the brits have the "Le assault rifle Lewis", no matter how hard you can try with your Central Powers if you have a good team and cooperate you can stomp them.
>>
Played for the first time in while the other day. Are the 2fjg servers gone? I liked them because they were the only full servers that aren't campaign mode.
>>
>>321514417
>what are yank servers 24/7

never again
>>
>>321523612
They're starting to invade euro servers on RS. I feel bad for the Americans that've played with us almost exclusively to get away from them
They spam mics, crack shitty jokes and one euro player is the equivalent to 3 of them. Why are average yanks so shit at games?
>>
>>321524207
I was once forced to play on a 'murrican server because it was the wee hours of the morning so euro severs were dead, and oh boy, literally everyone was just spewing /v/ lingo over the mic. Or maybe that's just how americans talk in general online.
>>
>>321521220
Nobody wants to play communist rapers.
>>
File: ro.png (5 KB, 309x92) Image search: [Google]
ro.png
5 KB, 309x92
Call me when everyone stops playing Babbyfield mode.

Oh wait, it'll never happen because TW set the game up perfectly to be taken over by subhuman appropriating casuals.
>>
> http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139975
If I were to get a server to run DF and play through this software wouldn't I see major fps improvements? Does visualization enable using multiple cores as one core?
>>
>>321522773
>>321523056

>HnG

Oh man, completely forgot about that, is the game any good?

Remember playing it while it was still in early beta, but it was kinda shit with low playercounts.
>>
When's Rising Storm 2 coming out? Can't wait to remove hamburger with my AK
>>
>>321522391
>wanting to play with better looking uniforms, better guns and usually better players makes you a naziboo
Top ebin
>>
>>321529240
No, that's superficial. Naziboos would say
>wanting to play with the best ever looking uniforms, best guns and superior people makes you a naziboo
Any argument to the contrary would be met with extreme hostility and copypastes of endless cherrypicked documents stating German superiority over all aspects of pretty much everything.
>>
>>321530508
I guess I'm not a naziboo
>>
>>321530508
Nazis were pretty good at what they were doing. Too bad they picked too many fights.
>>
>>321515259

It really annoys me how much I have to tell people to sit down in a good spot and stop fucking running around looking for kills.
>>
>>321530948
>*insert rambling about conspiracies and everything would've been fine if it wasn't for that meddling Hitler*
>>
>>321531325
You're a jew, aren't you?
>>
File: y4qTbOM.jpg (190 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
y4qTbOM.jpg
190 KB, 1268x1695
>there's a super old guy on the mic
>his score is actually pretty good

I love that this game attracts grandpa NEETs. I was in a server with some 50+ guy who was having an audible ball just picking people off with his T-34
>>
>>321527027
It's bretty good imo. but be prepared for a grindfest unless you pay. I wasn't too bothered by it because the weapons you start out with are fine. Also plenty of people online and finding a game doesnt take long
>>
>>321513701
Just bought this game yesterday. Having fun.
>bullets flying all around you while attacking an objective
>laying prone and firing on the enemy ahead of you
>Get killed from an unseen enemy from an unknown direction
Really getting into it.
>>
>>321532276
Nah, ex-naziboo. Grew out of it and learned how to respect other nations of the war as well.
>>
What are you actually supposed to do as SL? I usually throw my smoke and camp slitly infront of the cap when attacking and move into the cap if enouh people are inside. When defending I'm at the backspot of the cap. Am I doing it right?
>>
>>321534806
Lay down smoke, mark arty targets for TL, act as a spawn point for your squad and push when necessary.

There's debate about which is highest priority though, some people really bitch at you if you die a lot and people bitch if you're too far back.
>>
>>321534806
Yeah pretty much. You're job is to provide smoke cover and be a spawn point. It's often a good idea to defend ahead of the cap rather than behind it though
>>
>>321514672
I've got no interest in playing snowy open field simulator: snipefags paradise

I do like the vehicles though, hopefully Vietnam will bring the best of both RO and RS
>>
>>321534806
Oh yeah marking arty targets is very important too. Wait for recon, then use the widget or the binoculars to lay a mark where the enemies are concentrated.
>>
I've had some amazing games with great leaders where we have pulled a win out of a defeat with a last minute banzai charge.
>>
>>321535742
I've had games where the TL got cocky and calls a naval barrage on the last cap, tking half the team and getting kicked.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.