[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be yesterday before the steam fuck up >everyone tells
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37 KB, 460x215
>be yesterday before the steam fuck up
>everyone tells me to buy game above saying how good it is
>finally log onto it today
>literally 5 people (5 WHOLE PEOPLE) playing the game
wtf
>>
>>321510965
The community is desperate for players so they trick people like you into buying it. Not only that but the people who do play are all in the uk
>>
You got cucked, the only arena shooter community that's alive is QuakeLive
>>
>>321510965
the game is amazing but i dont see a constant reliable community until maybe launch

this game is the last thing AFPS has going
>>
Everyone always says it's the kind of game you sit in an IRC to find someone to duel. Just go play the new UT instead.
>>
>>321512862
The new UT has even less players reflex or warsow.
>>
>>321513159
I don't believe you
>>
>>321510965
>>321512721

what happened to toxikk?
>>
>>321513159
Last time i played it about a month ago it had a few full servers and more than enough people to find a game. it may not be as big as before, but it's better than the other new arena shooters, like Reflex and Toxikk.
>>
File: Untitled.png (143 KB, 746x780) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
143 KB, 746x780
>>321513303

sheeeit
>>
>>321513303
They are taking far too long to release it so everyone stopped playing until then. Quite sad because the gameplay is excelent.
>>
>>321513409

fucking hell thats bleak

was it shit or just a case of the market not being there?

>>321513478

is it not out? they were selling boxed copies in germany when i was there a month ago
>>
>>321510965
where the fuck are you? I'm EU and every evening there are a bunch of populated servers.
>>
>>321513632
>EU

aka the only place that plays arena shooters
>>
>>321513724

>tfw EU pushes americans out of every skill based game by being a lot better

why are americans so bad?
>>
>>321513824

arena shooters are usually played 1v1, americans can't handle the bantz when no one is there to carry them. however the ones that do usually do well, many of the best quake players were american
>>
>This game and TOXIKK announced/early access
>Everyone hyped that arena shooters coming back
>Mediocre at best, but shows potential
>Unreal Tournament is announced for free
>This kills the crab.
>All pre-existing hype and playerbase abandon the games
>UT still year+ away
>Now it's just "go play quake, who needs graphics"
Tis a shame. I was hoping we finally were departing shitty modern military shooters and le realism tacticool infantry sims.
>>
>>321510965
>Early Access
>Item Shop
>No Bots
>No Workshop
>Lack of different Player Models
Gee i wonder, Go buy Toxikk its dead but its still a better game.
>>
>>321514201

but theyre so much better anon

besides why would you expect people to abandon their favourite FPS games in favour of a genre where the only features are run around at sanic speed, jump and 2x sanic speed, and fire?
>>
>>321513537
It's still in early access. The devs dont seem to worried about the lack of players either and claim they have a marketing campaign to bring new players in during the full release.
Still wish there was at least a full server to play on though. I had a lot of fun during the early release, but i cant be bothered to search IRC chats for people to play with.
>>
>>321514341
1vs1
sanic speed, CODs and other military shooters are getting there. Fucking newest COD has wall running and probably plays faster than UT.
>>
>>321510965
it's good but a couple of things
you will be able to find a match every evening at primetime for your region guaranteed but it's not some drop in drop out anonymous deathmatch deal so join their irc/discord and find some people to play with! Reflex is virtually shitter free unlike quake live
>>321514201
>>321514292
toxikk isn't bad but it's early access is slow as fuck they have done like a handful of updates and 1 new map since it started whereas reflex has new updates almost every week adding assets etc
and UT isn't competing with reflex because it's not "quakelike" you could say
>>321514581
cod will never be comparable because of all the 1-2 hit kill hitscan weapons just because it's "fast" doesn't make it arena shootan
>>
>>321514360
>The devs dont seem to worried about the lack of players either and claim they have a marketing campaign to bring new players in during the full release.
The games has been "out" for few years before the release day and for those few years everybody has been saying the game is not ready and it does not have players.
I'm really skeptical that they could salvage anything from it on the release because everybody will just repeat "it's dead" when it's actually released.
>>
>>321514748
Yea i think they are too optimistic. Their best chance was to get people playing during the initial release, but they ruined that by only including one map and then releasing a map that wasnt even an arena shooter as the second. They even had big people like Fatal1ty playing it at one point, but people that like are not going to hand around for 2 years while you take your time developing it.
>>
>>321512721
You are fucking retarded. UT2015 is superior to this garbage, has more players and it's free.
>>
Arena FPS games are best played with Psy Trance or Goa Trance blasting in the background.

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: reflex edit.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
reflex edit.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>321515358
your a retard for even comparing the two
>what i'd give for reflex to have a q1 like singeplayer and just let people go nuts with the editor
>>
>>321513724
>There are american and australian servers up and populated every evening in those respective countries
why the fuck are you people making shit up?
>>
>>321515596
>making shit up
reflex.syncore.org
>>
>>321515773
It's morning in murica you fucking retard of course there aren't people playing at 7 in the morning holy shit.
>>
>>321515972
and it's fucking boxing day in yurope and middle of the night in aus
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.