[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was MGSV worth it for you? 107 hours in and at 71% competition here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: mgsvtpp 2015-12-26 03-19-15-74.jpg (3 MB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2015-12-26 03-19-15-74.jpg
3 MB, 3200x1800
Was MGSV worth it for you?

107 hours in and at 71% competition here
>>
>>321500307
yeah glad I bought it day one
took me 144 hours to 100% it
>>
I'm not sure what compelled me but I'm going back to get the platinum and I'm really enjoying it again. 110 hours and still going
>>
>>321500307
I had fun but Chapter 2 makes me want to kill myself. Got around 100 hours
>>
"Finishing" the story killed my motivation to continue.
>>
Yes, around 70% complete at 120 hours.

I really want to unlock the drum magazine, but I think I may have to actually play FOB shit just to get to it.

Still my GOTY but I wish Chapter 2 had more and the there was actual buildup to the twist ending.
>>
>>321500307
I 100% it around 150 hours in. Loved it
>>
As someone who hasn't played any of the previous games I thoroughly disliked it.
>>
>>321500307
$60 out of my bonus and it was used to contribute to the flop of the century
>>
>>321500307
Nope.

Almost want to sell it back. But I keep games that kill series to me for some reason. Just like how I kept Halo 4.
>>
File: 1451104950930.webm (2 MB, 1240x698) Image search: [Google]
1451104950930.webm
2 MB, 1240x698
It's a disappointment. I expected more of what Ground Zeroes offered but none of the missions in TPP came even close to it. Yes, GZ was an overpriced rip-off but I actually enjoyed my time with it and since I got it for free for pre-ordering TPP on steam it was a pretty good deal anyway. But oh boy do I wish TPP was different.
>>
got to africa then dropped it, and this is after owning the game for several months since launch, I couldnt stand to play it for more than a couple hours every week

fucking disgrace to MGS, all the others I played start to finish in 2-3 days
>>
>>321500875
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>321500937
Louisa Joosten. Stefanie's bigger sister.
>>
i loved it up to the jeep ride. i gave the game the benefit the doubt anyways and kept going, watched the chapter 2 trailer and i was on board again. then i opened the idroid in chapter 2 and i just felt overwhelming disgust.

it really felt watching a great tv show that just went to shit and you only kept watching to see how it ends, except this game had no fucking ending.
>>
112 hours and 86% here. It's breddy good.
>>
File: kojima noo.jpg (35 KB, 489x264) Image search: [Google]
kojima noo.jpg
35 KB, 489x264
No.

I bought it day one expecting the best plot of the whole franchise. The advertising was spot on, how would we know that almost 70% of the game had already been shown in the trailers? I was expecting secrets, exploring the open world to find cool shit but all I got was cut content.

I really thought it would change it all, that it would make us remember how amazing games can be... Kojima was the chosen one...
>>
>>321500875

Voices and Honey Bee are far better missions than GZ in terms of story.
>>
>>321501296
the story is totally irrelevant to me if the gameplay is basically 3 locations that you are going to visit in freeroam hundreds of times. There was no interesting twist attached to it. It was just the same goons as everywhere and sneaking around wasn't really fun because the areas weren't really that unique in terms of level layout. In GZ you had more variety within a couple of meters of distance. TPP is definitely one of those games where the open world aspect was more of a hindrance than a meaningful addition. The game was advertised as giving you endless possibilities and options to infiltrate and complete your missions but ironically it felt like the MGS game with the least amount of variety.
>>
>>321501206
Why dont you put on a trip alreafy so I can filter you? Your star wars memes were never funny.
>>
To fans of the series, MGSV is a total disappointment; even the much lauded gameplay isn't that great, it's just a third-person Far Cry 2 -- a bland, empty open world with annoying respawning enemies and arbitrary checkpoints everywhere. The stealth isn't the series' best, either.

The plot is unfinished, barebones and extremely basic, there are no codec moments, no goofy dialogue (apart from WHOOO), no long cutscenes where a huge twist is revealed, barely anything is explained and worse, to top it all off, what little plot we DO get isn't even important to the series at all!
>Oh that guy you killed in Metal Gear way back in 1987? It wasn't who you thought it was!

I could go on about the lots of little annoyances in this game. Like what's the point in it being open world? What's the point in choosing where your heli can land when you only choose the closest LZ to your objective anyway? Why do you have to run through 1.5 km of empty world to get to your objective? Why do you have to sit through a cutscene in your heli at the start of every mission? Why do some of the guards have super vision and some don't -- how am I supposed to know that?
>>
>>321501626
>Why do some of the guards have super vision
High level enemies dipshit, use binos
>>
>>321501624
This is the second time I use that image. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>321501708
So what? MGSV is shit
>>
>>321500875
why the fuck does her sister look just like her
>>
>>321501808
It's obviously too advanced for you since you can't comprehend the int scope you fucking retard
>>
>>321501626
>Fans of the series
Speak for yourself, faggot
>>
>>321502030
MGSV is shit though, deal with it. Of all the points I list you take on and call me a retard about it

It's a shit gameplay design to have to stare through the scope at people constantly.
I want to sneak and play the game not take 5 sec breaks to stare at them.

>>321502064
If you seriously think MGS is anywhere near a good MGS game you can go ahead and kill yourself no bullshit
>>
>>321502145
>It's a shit feature to have to conduct recon instead of just charging in
Yep, too advanced for you. Fuck off back to COD you shitstain
>>
I bought the CE and still haven't finished it.
>>
>>321502145
It may not be the best, but it's not as bad you make it sound like
>>
>>321502221
>He thinks MGSV is advanced
I don't play CoD btw you reactionary pos
>>
I got bored of the game after 35 hours.

This is coming from someone who has replayed MGS3 to the point where I've accumulated 500 hours on it.

It took me 30 hours in MGS5 to beat all the mandatory missions for unlocking the true ending. I spent the other five hours seeing what the side-ops offered (didn't want to do the rehashed story missions) and found that they were just copy and pasted variants of each other.

I didn't care about grinding for upgrades for my weapons and base and shit. MGS is an action-stealth game genre. It's not an RPG. Grinding has NO place in MGS. Leave the grinding for the autistic RPG fags.

MGS3 = MGS1 > MGS2 >>>> MGS4 >>>>>>>>>>>> MGS5 >>>>>>>>>> Piss Walker

Definitely one of the most disappointing games ever made. The only thing I like in it over other MGS games is Venom Snake's visual design, which is cool as fuck.
>>
the mother base aspect was a complete waste of development time and resources.
>>
I love it. Wish they spent more than 5 seconds on the story, but I enjoy it nevertheless.
>>
It has a bit more longevity because of the monthly content updates now
>>
>>321500307
Am I the only one that thinks the GZ suit doesn't fit with venom's head?
>>
Yes and no.

What was promised and shown throughout the trailers over the years doesn't live up in the final product. However, the final product is indeed a fantastic product despite all of it's flaws.
>>
>>321500307
I platinum'd it and I regret it
>>
Never played a MGS but I kinda wanna play V.
>>
>>321501206
70% is under selling it, we saw more like 95% of the game. Not just cutscenes but almost everything gameplay related was shown too.
>>
I have never played a MSG game. This one seems interesting with all of the hype around it though. Is it a good standalone or will I be confused as fuck and put off by not playing the previous games?
>>
I got up to mission 8 or something before I uninstalled it.
>>
>>321505652
It doesnt really have a story. So if you like to dick around in an empty world go for it.
If you have played SC Blacklist thats pretty close in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>321500307
Yes. Story wasn't as good this time around, but enjoyed playing the game and its fob and online.
>>
I enjoyed the game but there was no feeling of resolution. I just gradually stopped playing when i got bored of it
>>
So I found d-dog and fultoned it, they said "ok we'll take him" and then I found another d-dog 5 minutes later, does that mean that "ok we'll take him" is actually "you failed and puppy is dead in the sky"
>>
>>321500696
It really shouldn't dissuade you on playing a more traditional MGS game.

They're different. A lot better.
>>
>>321500307
Still unable to finish it from the disappointment and the fact that the game force feeds you the pf grade and the multi-player.
Last time I booted it up the idroid menu forced a tutorial for online features. Call me retarded but there was no way past the tutorial and you couldnt ignore it. I just alt f4 out of the game and put it down. Maybe some day.
>>
190~ hours for me to 100%
It wasn't worth it at all right when I started to do all the side ops
>>
>>321506803
The Age of Impatience has come to the vidya industry, 100% completion DLCs are upon us.
>>
>>321507117
As long as there is a dlc that removes obtrusive tutorials that show you how you can now look at steam profiles of the epenis leaderboards the game offers I would be severely tempted to buy it.
>>
ive never played a MGS game in my life...

is it worth the buying or will it be lost on me??
>>
>>321507561
V is pretty much designed for MGS newfags you'll be fine
>>
Currently 35 hours in and it's been fun as fuck. The gameplay is amazing and I love trying out new weapons all the time. Keeps everything fresh and varied.

I don't care about the story because metal gear's story has always been ultra goofy garbage that can't decide when it's supposed to be taken seriously or when it's just trying to be """funny""". It has over a billion retcons as well in the first place and not only the whole thing is a gigantic clusterfuck with extremely retarded explanations for major things but it also barely makes any sense. Couldn't care less about it.
>>
>>321506153
how
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.