[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many final bosses so fucking humongous? Why can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1446239352846.png (841 KB, 578x906) Image search: [Google]
1446239352846.png
841 KB, 578x906
Why are so many final bosses so fucking humongous?

Why can't they just be the size of the average male?
>>
>>321499824
is that cat smoking?
>>
>>321499948
Yes, now answer the question.
>>
Most of the games I know typically feature a relatively normal sized final boss

Maybe you just need to play different games.
>>
easy way to show that some are more important than others
>>
>>321499824
I don't really understand what's happening in that picture
>>
>>321499948
How could the cat even do that? He can't even fully wrap his mouth around it, giving him enough suction to smoke. Surely he is just holding the lit cigarette in his mouth because he likes the smell, or maybe he is just a very loyal cat holding it for his owner?
>>
I just wanna have a fist fight to the death with arch nemesis. No swords, no guns, no magic, no Godzilla sized boss or fucking QTE.

Just me and him. Him and me.
>>
>>321501264
man, art sure took a long time to not suck.
>>
>>321501492

The cat is probably addicted to nicotine, and while he may not be able to inhale a cig like a human, he can probably still inhale small portions with the way it's in his mouth now.
>>
>>321499824
Well, at least MGS4 and MGR had human~ish bosses.
>>
>>321501846
I'd say Godhand, but most bosses are going to fail that check
>>
>>321501989
That's very sad that apparently even the animals in Russia are addicted to drugs.
>>
>>321502068
Nevermind, all the way from MGS to MGR feature some sort of fist fight or 1-on-1.
>>
>>321499824
>he thinks final bosses are huge
Manlet detected
>>
>>321501924
That piece doesn't suck. It's just that he wasn't aware of the principles of perspective.
>>
>>321501846
Like, every MGS game
>>
>>321501492
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEy8z_IxxY
by the looks of it, he's forcing the cats to do it
>slavs
>>
>>321502563
What a piece of shit. Is he getting them drunk, too?
>they're doing a news report on it
Nuke it from orbit, I say
>>
spacial domination
>>
>>321499824
demon's souls
>>
>>321501846
Drill Dozer
>>
>>321502437
I was actually going to mention MGS. Those are my favorite kind of boss battles, not because I think they're the best, but because of how simple in nature they are.

I just wanna beat the shit outta the guy that's been giving me grief this whole game.
>>
>>321501846
Nurutu Storm 4 will surely end with this
>>
>>321502563
Yeah. He's pretty much torturing the cat into "smoking" for some measly attention to his worthless person
Wish someone would slit his fucking throat someday
>>
>>321503303
yakuza 1 nishiki fight
>>
A final boss will most likely involve the protagonist encountering the antagonist before the main goal is completed. To make this memorable the last battle has to be interesting and making the protagonist( most likely a person at a regular size) fight something beyond their scale is the most simple means of achieving this.
>>
Its a way of showing the player power. Small is equated to weak while Big is usually Stonkg
>>
>>321501264
>Garland vs the 19 Warriors of Light
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.