[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam sale is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: ste.jpg (20 KB, 656x171) Image search: [Google]
ste.jpg
20 KB, 656x171
Is the age of good Steam sales over?

Things that used to be 2.5$ are now 5$, all these old games. And this example was 5$ but now it's 12$, and it's not getting lower.

Steam sales are shit now.
>>
>>321497163

No flash sales and no gimmick this year.

I wonder if the summer sale did so poorly they're no longer putting effort into them?
>>
>>321497163
sure it was five tin foil
>>
Prepare to get your ass reamed by corporate apologists that think Gabe Newell is some jolly PC gaming santa and not a ruthless billionaire
>>
>>321497163
i remember them doing something like this last sale with GTA V. Selling the game for 40 bucks but had to buy a package deal (got some in game money I think) which made the game cost 60 dollars or more.
>>
Midweek madness and developer sales might still be good.
>insurgency on midweek madness is 80% off
>insurgency on christmas sale is 60% off
>>
>>321497461
Even the autumn sale was better in prices than thisu kurisimasu saale
>>
>>321497278
It's actually because the fall sale did so well that they're putting zero effort in.
>>
They probably realized that people lose their fucking minds on these and will buy garbage they otherwise wouldn't because it's 60 percent off. Now they just need to adjust the numbers to see how high they can keep the prices while drones shove their money to them because it's epic to have no control on purchases or something.
>>
>>321497759
pretty much this exactly.

now that they have a reputation for having "crazy sales" they can force prices up a bit higher.

the problem is there are now other sites (bundlestars and shit like that) that are undercutting valve on certain prices.

i don't really see this working in the long run but idk.
>>
>>321497650

that's still retarded, because while autists might have gone full swing Christmas is when people are gifted shit, especially steam cards.

This means it is one of the most important sales revenue wise.
>>
>discounts for my wishlist are the same shit as 1 month ago

Don't bother with autumn sale they said, discounts will get better they said
>>
>>321497163
>Is the age of good Steam sales over?
sorry to inform you OP but the age of good Steam as a whole is over
>>
>not comparing against Cheapshark

your loss, m8.
>>
File: 5463454.jpg (47 KB, 727x353) Image search: [Google]
5463454.jpg
47 KB, 727x353
>>321497163
It's not!
Have you thought about adding GTAV in your cart? only 42.99$
>>
>>321497759
I have stopped buying Steam games a long time ago, too many old games that I haven't played and the discounts are terrible.
>>
Your favorite older game on Steam, discounted 75%! Now for the same price as it is on Amazon the whole year round!
>>
>>321497461
insurgency was $1 with humble bundle
>>
i don't mind the lack of flash/dailies but when you put 10,000 games on sale you need a more intuitive and fast way to browse them. queues would be decent if it wasn't just the same shit you saw on the front page. scrolling the main page you get duplicate after duplicate and the meta is just some shitty web comic.
>>
>>321501498
Humble bundle was like a year ago. I'm talking within context of recent sales price comparison. There is a bunch of deals that are just worse than recently.
>>
>>321501498
33 cents. You got three codes for a buck
>>
>want to play divinity original sin
>it never goes on sale for more than 33% off
>it's been out for like 2 years now
fucking kike devs
>>
Why aren't you faggots just buying keys from g2a and places like that?
Just recently bought Insurgency for a buck and Mad Max for 7 bucks.

I have never heard of anyone getting fucked over at g2a either. I have bought about 20 games from there and got all the keys within minutes after buying.
>>
>>321501883

I like having my games synced through Steam.

Can you redeem the keys on Steam?
>>
>>321501807
they just refreshed it with an enhanced version too, so don't expect even 50% off for ages.
>>
>>321497278
Hope they keep it that way. No need to devalue the games too much with goofball antics.
>>
>>321502005
Is it worth it at the current price or not?
>>
File: Capture.png (29 KB, 464x95) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29 KB, 464x95
>>321502143
You can easily sink 50 hours per game on it
>>
>>321501994
Pick the steam version and it works like a normal steam game because it is a normal steam game.
Although I'm sure someone's getting fucked over with prices like that but for you, the customer, it's a legit way of buying things.
>>
>>321501883
are prices on g2a even cheaper now than on steam sale?
>>
>>321501994
you can buy steam keys all over the place. the only games that might not be are stuff like ea and ubishit games because they use their own platform
>>
>>321502485
They're cheaper 90% of the time. Of course you can run into exceptions or they might run out of keys but almost always they're cheaper even without any sales.
>>
Every year the same thing.
>>
>>321502695
Gog Keys are half the price i see. At that point i wonder, why not just pirate when i really want to play them, since im really put off by my sense of hoarding alot of games in a short amount of time. I get a big sense of guilt later on.
>>
borrowing this thread to ask if insurgency is still good , i played it when it was f2p/beta and enjoyed it
>>
>>321502695
Is g2a shield 1euro nonsense worth it? Or is it like car insurance, a scam?
>>
>>321503329

It depends, if you pick someone with a high rep, you don't have to worry 99 percent of the time.

I like to get it mainly because i got gifted a game from a friend once and steam revoked it because lol regions and I don't want to deal with that shit again
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.