[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil 6 is a flawed masterpiece. It dares to reach for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: EYES.jpg (89 KB, 1440x674) Image search: [Google]
EYES.jpg
89 KB, 1440x674
Resident Evil 6 is a flawed masterpiece. It dares to reach for greatness, and took firm handfuls of heavenly cloud. The end result was a superb third person shooter with a compelling story and fantastic production values.

39/40 - Famitsu
8.75/10 - Game Informer
8.5/10 - EGM
7.9/10 - IGN

Never has a game spawned so much incoherent and hypocritical fanboy faggotry as this one.
>>
Yeah I had fun. Took some getting used to though.
>>
I forgot this game existed and it's a major gaming series
>>
I did enjoy RE6. It was just it's minor flaws which made it difficult to like.
>>
File: shadow.gif (943 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
shadow.gif
943 KB, 245x170
>>321487951
It's just a really odd game.
It doesn't quite have that tight action gameplay like in 5
Or the suspense of 4
But i honestly feel very bad for the team that worked on it. It's a very neat game that tries to add a whole ton of extra movement and firing mechanics, it splits into 3 desperate campaigns that all cross at different points, the mercenaries mode was actually pretty cool, and it was a good looking game with great lighting effects for the time it came out.

I know to most it's shit to average at best, but it does have some character to it, and ultimately i liked it a lot more than 5
>>
All it needed was a little bit more focus and it would have been perfect.

I've always found the vehicle sections to be a baffling inclusion.
>>
>>321487951
Masterpiece? No fucking way. Amazingly fun game? Hell yeah. Also my favorite RE game.
>>
I didn't play it but I remember it coming out very quickly after announcement and there was like zero fanfare around its release
>>
I'm just waiting for all the threads that start saying DMC2 wasn't all that bad of a game.
>>
I wouldn't say a masterpiece but it's definitely one of the more underrated games out there. The amount of comments like "it's complete irredeemable shit" and similar is absurd. It makes me think that the RE franchise has some of the worst nostalgiafags out there.
>>
>>321490730
I liked resi6 and love devil may cry, i even put up with DmC but il never admit 2 was good.
>>
>>321487951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RzdCzs7p2I
I think this guy sums it up nicely. I enjoy this game alot. Only gripe I have is guns dont really feel like they pack a punch
>>
this game is a good game. Story wise? Terrible, but RE never had something more than a b-movie plot. Gameplay? Odd but once you get used to it it's pretty agile and can be fun if you accept it. Graphics are something i totally despise but that's just me thinking everything looks worse with that light/shining effect, Leon's hair looks greasy as fuck and every looks like soaked in oil. While i think it's flaws are what's exactly wrong with the industry, in the end is a pretty fun game and that's what matters.
>>
Who /hyperfaggot/ here?

I loved playing No Mercy with the Last Stand skill on trying to get a 300-kill combo on every stage. That might be the best bro-op action I've ever experienced.
>>
>>321490730
No one thinks DMC2 is a good game. Even the people who claim they do are liars.
>>
File: Helena.jpg (112 KB, 800x1650) Image search: [Google]
Helena.jpg
112 KB, 800x1650
>>321487951
The single best thing to come out of that game to be quite honest with you OP. Goddamn she is so fine.
>>
>>321487951
It's crazy fun co-op. Great TPS gameplay. I like the graphics too, it has its flaws but it has a particular Capcom aesthetic as a result of their texturing techniques which have stayed the same forever.
Definitely had its issues though. The level design and pacing was not always very good. I wasn't a fan of the music, it seemed strangely generic to me, compared to 4 and 5's, which had quite a bit of character.
But overall, fun game (co-op at least), fun characters. I'm glad I'm not too invested in RE but still enjoy it anyway. I actually look forward to whatever Capcom decides to make next out of it because it'll be interesting for me to see whichever direction it goes.
>>
It has great mechanics but is trapped in a shit campaign. I see the potential but it was totally squandered.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.