[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so I got a PSvita (hurr hurr dead system no games aside) and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: aaa.jpg (45 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
45 KB, 256x255
Ok so I got a PSvita (hurr hurr dead system no games aside) and I want to get a final fantasy game on it.
I've narrowed it down to two that I'm mainly looking at right now, FFVII and FF X/X-2 HD

I have never played the games before and therefore have 0 nostalgia and I'm trying to figure out which is the better buy.

That or would a different one be better?

I've been looking at FFVII because of all the hype around it and I'm planning on getting the HD remake when it comes out and I thought it'd be cool to play the original first.
>>
7 is good. It's a classic and worth the title in my opinion. X is also good, but I don't know how good of a mobile game it is. I don't know how it runs, and it feels like you need to play it a few times to get the most of it. X has a better battle system to me, and you have a better idea of what you're supposed to be doing than 7, but it's a lot more linear as a result.
That said, 7 is like 10 bucks and X/X2 is like 30 right?
They are both great entry points, but X may test your cringe resistance.
>>
Price wise they're pretty similar since you get two games with X, right?

And I've seen some cringe scenes in it but if its a good game and I'm playing it by myself I don't really mind.

What I really dont want to happen is to get stuck or bored at some point where I stop playing and dont pick up another one.

Having not really played them before I'm not sure if the more linear aspect would be a horrible thing to start with.

And I assume the game would run fine. The vita is pretty impressive overall for a handheld.
>>
>>321481935
It's hard for me to say, does one setting interest you more than the other? How experienced are you with JRPGs? It's a weird thing to compare them since they're are very different.
X has a pretty complex character building set from what I remember, and 7 has a great skill system in the materia that allows loose party building. I remember liking 7 more, but I played X a while ago. I think 7 might be better just to have the experience with it, X isn't nearly as important to the genre in my opinion.
>>
>>321482467
Well, I don't want to complain about graphics at all as they're not very important on a good game in this context, but I was sort of on the fence if I wanted to play more classic or modernish.

I've played a few JRPGs but not too many really in depth ones.
I do like customization when it comes to skills and party building though
>>
>>321481025
Wait for World of FF. Get X/X-2 for PS4. FFVII is overrated shit, wait for remake.

Get EDF 2 for now.
>>
>>321482830
They didn't get modernish until X-2, I think. X is still a turn based, random encounter, by the books JRPG. You should look up some reviews and see if they can explain some of the mechanics. One thing about the parties is that 7 doesn't have standard classes, while X does. In 7, your characters abilities are based around the materia you equip to them, which means any character can do anything. The flipside is the game is a breeze as long as you don't run away from every fight.
X has a thing called a Sphere Grid, which is a kind of skill tree for each character.
Another major difference is 7 using a modified ATB system from the SNES titles. X is classic turn based, where you have a list of who goes when. The ATB can act a little wonky, and the summons in 7 are pretty notorious for taking a while. One important thing to note when you play is that summons don't stop timers.
One of the major factors in whether you like it is the characters. FF7 is a bit generic, outside of a well executed twist in the middle. X has some more uniqueness to it, but it can be grating.
I'd say either go with your gut since they aren't super pricey, or look up Gamespot/IGN or whatever and try to go from there.
>>
Thanks guys

I'll go with X/X-2 for now since I remember the ATB system and while I didn't dislike it, I'd rather go for a more turn based game to start with.

I'll defiantly look back for VII if all goes well though. Both are on my to-play list.
>>
>PSvita
>final fantasy
>The worst final fantasies

The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>321481025
Can you get IX on that shit? if you can get that one senpai
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.