[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did this earn the title of Doom II? It barley qualifies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Doom2_title.png (42 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Doom2_title.png
42 KB, 320x240
How the fuck did this earn the title of Doom II? It barley qualifies as an expansion pack.

>1 new weapon
>3 new monsters
>1 new episode (with some of the worst levels of Doom I or II)
>laziest "boss fight" ever
>>
>1 new weapon
yeah and it was the best weapon in either game
>>
>>321426663
So that's qualifies the game as a sequel?
>>
>>321426352
>3 new monster
It's 7 + 1 one new boss.

>1 episode
That consists of the roughly the same number of levels as Doom 1.
>>
It's a retro DLC. id was yet again ahead of their time.
>>
>>321426352
>How the fuck did this earn the title of Doom II? It barley qualifies as an expansion pack.
People were saying the same thing back when it first released.
>>
>>321426352
>>3 new monsters
ayyy
>>
Don't know why it's such an unpopular opinion but the leveldesign in Doom 2 is way better than in 1
>>
File: laughingfpswhores.jpg (100 KB, 800x898) Image search: [Google]
laughingfpswhores.jpg
100 KB, 800x898
>>321428780
>the leveldesign in Doom 2 is way better than in 1
>>
>>321428780

shut up, romero
>>
>>321430127
>Romero
I think you mean Sandy Petersen.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 221x228
>>321426352
(Gurgling intensifies)
>>
>>321426352
Different marketing practices back then. The original Doom technically wasn't a retail release, so rather than just repackaging the game and selling it again in stores, they updated the game and threw in a new scenario. And in some packages they threw in the original three episodes as a freebie. Beats the hell out of modern video games constantly re-releasing the same product in different markets.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.