[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/. I don't usually post here but I want your opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: nagaepic2014_dock_w_755.png (170 KB, 755x566) Image search: [Google]
nagaepic2014_dock_w_755.png
170 KB, 755x566
Hey /v/. I don't usually post here but I want your opinion on what a good gaming mouse is.

I've been looking at pic related (Razer Naga) but I don't think I need that many buttons. Would like to know what you guys suggest.
>>
Logitech G400
>>
side buttons like that are utter shit if aiming is important. fine for more casual faire though. A few side buttons are useful, but they have to be well placed.

free-scroll that logitech does on a lot of their mice, but for me, only useful on a few sites. not really much else.

Good switches are nice if you want something to last 5+ years. Good sensors are nice, but bitches win MLG tournaments with "shit" mice all the fucking time, because a few pixels of prediction over a few feet means almost nothing. Still, if you buy optical at least you'll be able to talk about it without too many people sperging out

personally, biggest thing I like though is DPI shift (not adjustment buttons), like on the RAT/Corsair/func/newer logitechs. I thought I'd just use it in gaming, but if the position fits your hand well, you'll likely end up using it almost constantly while you're just generally using the computer.

Try some shit out at the store, don't bother with those autistic charts, and find something that's comfortable.
>>
You are a gigantic tool if you buy/use Razer products.

You are no better than applefags at that point.
>>
>>321424654
Actually definitely bother. I used to think the Razer naga was not bad and my wireless Mamba was comfy God tier. Turns out compared to a cheap ass light weight Steel Series Rival they were both inaccurate and uncomfortable as fuck. The /g/ autism is not without merit.
>>
>>321422127

To not be a retard.
>>
>>321424772
I got a razer mechanical keyboard for Christmas. It's actually really nice and the extra buttons don't get in the way.
>>
>>321425475

Thanks for the update tool.
>>
Logitech G700
>>
>>321425561
I was trying to imply that I don't get the hate behind razer products.
>>
>>321425959
Razer is very hit or miss and compensates with pandering to Gamer Culture.
There was a razer fightstick that broke mid match at evo last year which is an embarrassing display of Razers poor quality assurance. For the record, I hope your mechanical keyboard holds up or breaks soon enough to be covered by warranty. I've been using a Raser deathadder for many years and the only thing that kinda broke was the back button. It still kinda works but it's wobbly. Other than that it works just as well as the day I bought it ~4 years ago.
>>
>>321423747
Why did these get so expensive? I remember walking into a Best Buy a few years ago and picking mine up for like 20 bucks
>>
>>321422127
It depends on what you're looking for.

I have a G600. The third face button and amount of side buttons is fantastic for me, since I have small hands and I failed constantly trying to get to any keys further away than 4/G besides the fact that I cannot stand having to take my fingers away from moving/crouching/jumping/running to do something I could be doing with the other three fingers in my mouse hand. Also, having access to so many macros is pretty nice.

But If you want pure accuracy and don't care for additional buttons, go for something with a better sensor.
>>
>>321422127

I switched to Naga a few years ago for MMO because I had like 40+ skill and item hotkeys which was too hard to manage with just the keyboard hand.

Now I use them for all games because generally it means you dont have to take a finger off a movement key to switch weapon etc.

The keypad at least on my older naga feels just like an oldschool nokia phone. It's really hard to get used to at first, but once you get the muscle memory built up it's actually really awesome.

I was looking on newegg the other day and there are some offbrand ones that actually look pretty nice for half the price. Just go to newegg and search for mice with like 15+ buttons
>>
>>321422127
If you go wireless, you're a retard.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.