[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix Battlefront /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
How do we fix Battlefront /v/?
>>
Space battles
Clone wars era
more guns
more heroes
no EA
>>
>>321421543
This plus more maps /thread
>>
>>321421543
I remember my friends being hype as fuck for it.
>yes, dice is the only developer that can do Battlefront justice
At this point I think Treyarch could've done a way better job, under the same constraints.
>>
Destroy it and bring back Free Radical through some kind of satanic ceremony to make their version of Battlefront 3.

They can do Timesplitters 4 while they are at it.
>>
>>321421327
just remaster BF2
>>
File: Nien Nunb's face looks x-rated.jpg (56 KB, 450x432) Image search: [Google]
Nien Nunb's face looks x-rated.jpg
56 KB, 450x432
Hey guys, if they give you everything you want in the first game, why would you buy the inevitable Battlefront II 2 months before episode 8 comes out?
>>
Battlefront is actually pretty fucking good. /v/ just hates everything that is decent.
>>
>>321423183
It's a fucking joke how shit it is. Everyone thought it would just be battlefield with starwars skins.

What we got was even worse.
>>
>>321423183
good to hear just bought it for 35 kinda sad to see people that spent 60 on it
>>
>>321421327
the powerups aren't an awful idea, just needs some tweaking, don't do the season pass bullshit and just develop it earlier to tie in with the movie dipshits, or if you do it don't cut so much content to do it I understand you want our shekels but no need to be so blatant
also bring back the class system faggots
>>
>>321423183
Reply for you big guy
>>
What in the fuck is going to be included in $50 DLC if not clone wars or TFA. What the fuck are they thinking?
>>
>>321421327
More maps
More weapons
Add classes
And a roll
Add more skins
>>
>>321423572

Nothing

They just want to see if they can charge you $35 and get away with it
>>
Would you guys have an improvement of this than what EA gave us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Myb8v_8qBo
>>
File: giving it away.jpg (143 KB, 1758x785) Image search: [Google]
giving it away.jpg
143 KB, 1758x785
>>321421327
Literally giving it away.
>>
The worst part about it was whenever anyone criticized it, the people from dice would go on Reddit and respond with "no other games let you live out your Star Wars fantasies:)" and of course those faggots ate that shit up.
>>
>burn it to the ground
>get new developer and new publisher to make Battlefront 3
>>
>>321423572
Probably four new planets total. Since no TFA or Clone Wars
>Dagobah
>Yavin 4
>Cloud City
>????
>>
>>321423183
I love this meme. Battlefront is legitimately bad.
>>
>>321421327
actually make it battlefront
>>
>>321423183
I don't care how nice it looks $50 for a season pass is absolutely despicable. It was obviously planned months before the game came out and they just want sheckles, coulda been included with the game to begin with. Was actually thinking of buying it on sale today for $40 but then remembered the other half of the game is still $50
>>
The game might be good a year down the line when it is $20 with all DLC included
>>
>>321423849
their so entitled about how their making the game, we shouldn't be criticised because some neckbeards will wank over our product it's been a fucking hoke
>>
>>321423678
Whatever that First Assault thing is, no. It looks like CoD with a battlefront skin. Battlefield 3? infinitely yes.
>>
Sequel Trilogy era
>>
got the ultimate edition for 55€ through the mexican origin store
i'm kinda okay with the game
>>
It's funny how this game is the most graphically advanced, which is what you fags constantly want over gameplay, you get it, and you start complaining about gameplay. Kek /v/ is such shit.
>>
>best looking game so far, 2007 Crysis hysteria tier
>it's a load of garbage
why are we here
just to suffer
>>
>>321423183
Even the average joe at my uni agrees that Battlefront is an abysmal shitwind
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 537x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 537x696
>Dozens of more maps (free) from various movies
>Space battles
>Galactic Conquest mode
>Force Awakens mode (Fuck the Clone Wars)
>>
>>321424421
>/v/ is one person
>implying everyone doesn't despise EA anyways
>$50 for a season pass that has half the game in it
>>
>>321423572
It's god damned hilarious how it was released to build up hype for the new movie and yet absolutely nothing from it was made available.
>No Kylo Ren
>No Captain Phasma
>No Rey/Finn
>No Stormtrooper of Sick Spins loadout
>Can't even change armor to look like TFA troopers and rebels
>>
>>321421327
Bring back space battles with entering each other's big ships and destroying shit inside etc.

Bring back clone wars

More fucking maps

Remove shitty filler game modes and bring back large conquest maps with vehicles

Make maps based off TFA with new weapons and new heroes (Phasma, Kylo, Rey, Finn)
>>
>>321423678
man, what happened to that obviously better game?
>>
>>321421327
Offer the season pass for free. If it worked for Splatoon it can work for Battlefront.
>>
>>321424149
I really like battlefront but goddamn the dlc is steep. Even fallout 4 is going to have $30 dlc but $50 for 4 heroes and a few more maps? That's really pushing it.
>>
>>321421327
Add bots and it'd be an ok casual game

Also set that one fighter map in an asteroid belt to shut up the muh spacebattles fags
>>
>>321424821
It was 95% done, but LucasArts decided to cut that shit before it could get bug testing/QA
>>
>>321424612
You replied to the wrong post.
>>
File: freedom.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
freedom.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>321421543
>>321421638
Ehh..

>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
>>
>>321424954
That sucks because that's everything I expected a Dice version of Battlefront to be. Instead, we got Battlefront EA.
>>
>>321421327

Giving it anywhere near the content of Battlefront 2 would be a good start.

Regression to this level is unacceptable.

It's a polished turd, a triple AAA title with the content of an Xbox 360 Arcade game.
>>
>>321423678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY

I found a better version of that with sound
>>
>>321422109
I'll get the goat
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>321425076
>>
>>321424553
>(Fuck the Clone Wars)
I'm sick of you retards. Clone wars has the entirely best setting for shooters and games in general. All the original trilogy would be good for is smuggling and underworld galaxy games but they never do that.
Not using Clone wars in a WAR BASED VIDEO GAME is down right retarded.
>>
>>321425128
You would think at the very least, they'd go the line of "We've got the basic foothold of the game now, time to expand and expand the game as much as we can" But they aren't even going for that.
All they have to do is show a trailer of ideas they have down the pipeline, Genosis, Starkiller base, anything to build hype but we're still sitting here with absolutely nothing to go on for the shitty season pass.
>>
File: pwnd.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
pwnd.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>321425076
Reposting:

Even if matchmaking worked perfectly, the problem is the core gameplay.

Now that most players have the DL-44 and various 1-shot star cards, players don't tend to live that long. Low player life spans wouldn't be a huge problem if there was some way to adapt to the challenges each map presents, but there isn't. Partner "squads", no voip, no control over spawning locations, no choice but sprinting mindlessly along with the rest of the wave to the fight which, if on the right map, could be as much as 200 meters. The inability to at least bring in multiple hands to each match means if you brought in a hand that isn't particularly useful, you're fucked and since there are no support based star cards, the only way to help your teammates is to kill the enemy better, meaning new players are dead weight to any team, where in Battlefield, they could at least throw down medkits or ammo.

The game slapped together the worst parts of Battlefield and Call of Duty. New players are put at the bottom of a totem pole of sodomy and there's no real way to overcome it as a team. The game treats its players the same way Hardline treats the collapsing crane in its main map; a big set piece, predetermined to do certain things and given no real purpose beyond making trailers and Lets Play footage enticing.
>>
>>321425341
But being a droid in bf2 is boring as fuck m8
>>
>>321421327
clone wars
>>
>>321425667
CIS SCUM
>>
Why is there no mini map?
Or any ma for that matter?
>>
>>321425972
muh lo-fi sci-fi. which is really out of place.
>>
>>321421327
>Clone Wars/Rebels/Force Awakened characters, maps and vehicle

More content in general, get rid of EA.
>>
Add missing 60% of the game
>>
>>321421327
ACTUALLY WATCH THE MOVIES
how the fuck did they make this whole game and never see the movies.

yes it lacks content, but how about they also fix the content they do have. What retard thought AT-ATs were just tanks in hoth? They were used to take out the shield generators because TIE FIGHTERS can not get through the shield. Star destroyers were not in orbit because the rebels had an ion canon that could take them out.
>>
>>321426176
>rebels

kill yaself
>>
>>321421809
Uh no, DICE was easily the best to make this game. EA and Disney ruined everything
>>
>>321421327
bots would be a good start. More maps and clone eras next. Switch it to class based combat again and add in space battles last.
>>
DEDICATED SERVERS

that is all that is required
>>
>>321427143
Class based loadouts is one of the things that really didn't need fixing. I miss that shit from the older Battlefields too.
>>
>>321427415
it helps promote teamwork and makes you feel like you are fulfilling a role in an actual army. The way it is now it feels like every man for himself, everyone is special.
>>
>>321427630
That's kinda what Battlefront has always been. The problem is, if they were gonna implement teamwork, they could've done it not half assed.
>>
>>321426727
This
Darth Vader walks out and says "behold the power of the force"

Why the fuck didn't he say "behold the power of the dark side?"

Did they even warch the movies
>>
Star wars is gay
>>
>>321428040
>storm troopers able to choose what ever they want to use
>helmetless troopers
>hoth missing the point of hoth
>DL-17 being one of the fastest gun in the game
its obvious no one at EA fucking cared about actually being authentic, just saying that and going to the sets and photographing props was enough for them. Even a casual star wars fan can point out inaccuracies.
>>
>>321428040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ7vzvR-JXo

Skip to 3:24 to here the best quote.
>>
>>321427821
Here's something to note about teamwork when it comes to this game. Walker Assault on Endor playing Rebel side; if you have 3 to 4 people holding the forward hallway to that first station, Empire gets fucked hard. I played a match last night and with like 2 other people we held that hallway for a long time. If people wanted to use teamwork (which is nonexistent in this CoD era) the opposing force gets BTFO.
>>
>>321423183
>Oh this new Battlefront is good!
>No classes
>Most of the game modes are shit
>The game is incredibly easy
>Even a PS version has space battles, BUT A GAME ON THE PS4 CANT
>Singleplayer is unplayable, due to how boring it is

You tell 'em anon!
>>
Just bought it on sale. So why the fuck can I slay rebel scum bots as Darth Vader while it installs, but it's only shitty multiplayer on a handful of maps once it is actually installed. They're already 90% of the way there, why not just fucking do it, christ
>>
File: why.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
why.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>321429597
Whoops, pic related
>>
>>321428826
someone should do it with the storm troopers, how the fuck did they forget the iconic voice distortion of the storm troopers, or the fact that storm troopers sound like generic soldiers

>they probably assumed most people would play as helmetless troopers
then DICE should kill themselves

the game is literally all we know about star wars is the sound files, props and locations we saw.
>>
>>321421327
You can't. It would have to be reworked from the ground up. Let it continue to die and hope the next one doesn't suck as bad
>>
>>321428826
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjF_7nwf_CU

Luke's is worse, holy shit.
>>
>>321421327
remove tokens, make everything rewards for doing shit
>heroes are for high scoring players
>vehicles spawn on map
>orbital strikes are obtained by killing
>remove star cards and give us classes
>completely change the garbage ui
>ACTUALLY WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIES
>change shit to match the movies, remove tie fighters on hoth, disable orbital strikes on hoth, remove star destroyers on hoth for starters
>do not let rebels use imperial weapons and vice versa, they should be like plants vs zombies, each side has similar classes but with unique shit
>>
>>321429847
Yea the Stormtroopers sound design really lacks in a game with amazing sound design. Don't see any reason to play as a helmet less trooper since the Empire is still in full swing during the battles in game, if they were already being washed away or it was before the formation of the FO, post Imperial fall, then I could justify playing a helmet less trooper.
>>
>>321424274
I think what you mean to say is that the value proposition by that time would be justifiable
>>
>>321430413
like I said yeah the music and sound effects are fine, which are easy to get, the locations are accurate again easy, props easy.

Voice work for EVERYONE is horrible
accuracy to the movies is horrible

>we love star wars
did you see the movies
>ew we are not nerds
Dice in a nutshell
>>
>>321421809
>still play Battlefront 2
>only ever been hyped for 2 games in years
>Silent Hills
>Star Wars Battlefront
>one got cancelled the other is shallow shit
>never getting hyped again
>>
>>321421809
im sorry friend but dice is the best for the job.
they just tried to make it there own game instead of a battlefront game. if they released this game with the word "battlefront" replace with something else. it would be 10/10s every where b.c people wouldnt compare it to battlefront as harshly.
>>
>>321425250
god tahts so fucking satisfying
>>
been playing it all day on ps4, having a blast so far
>>
>>321432112
But this game is shit any way you cut it anon. There's a reason it's already selling for less and has 90% of reviewer shitting on it
>>
>>321433080
i agree it does need more in it but i think it would be more popular of a game if battlefront was removed from the title so i couldnt be compared to a god.
>>
>>321432112
If it didn't have "battlefront" on it people would judge it as it was without the influence of nostalgia and nerd culture, and it would be rated poorly, because the only good things about it is graphics and sound.
>>
>>321425250
I may be alone in this, but I always thought the dodge roll was retarded and was glad it was removed.
>>
We will never have a good Star Wars game as long as EA holds the license.
>>
>>321432112
Dice made a shit shooter with a pretty Star Wars skin. No Star Wars skin=Blunder of the Century
>>
>>321421327
rerelease battlefront 1 with more maps and the same graphics as the current one
>>
>>321435272
Battlefront 2 modded?
You can literally play BF1 on BF2
>>
>>321430206
Doesn't even sound a thing like Mark Hamill, sounds like a whiny anakin from episode 2
>>
>>321423947
there's new game modes too i believe. still too expensive. It's fucking 70$ in syrupland too.
>>
>>321425250
that maul was dumb, why didn't he just block with his lightsaber. :L
>>
>>321421327
Give it to dice LA

I'm sure they'll figure it out
>>
>>321437682
Since there's 4 expansion packs (Jakku was free and it included the map and a "new" game mode), I believe they are going to release a pack themed to each of the OT and one for TFA.

A New Hope would have maps for the Death Star and a Trench Run game mode, include Obi-Wan as a hero.

Empire would include Bespin/Cloud City and Lando.

Return would have more Tatooine and Endor? Plus another Death Star game mode?

And TFA would have 5 new heroes, 3 new maps and the Starkiller Base attack game mode
>>
>>321440152
Didnt they say they wouldn't do TFA DLC?
>>
Star Wars fucking sucks.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.