[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend got me a 3DSXL along with Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14
File: 3DSL.jpg (73 KB, 1024x934) Image search: [Google]
3DSL.jpg
73 KB, 1024x934
My girlfriend got me a 3DSXL along with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

I also have $100 from her family as well. What are some 3DS must haves? I'm thinking Pokemon Y, and a larger SD card. I forgot how comfy handhelds are
>>
Zelda: A link between worlds is pretty good.
>>
File: 1393121462006.png (619 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
1393121462006.png
619 KB, 800x720
>My girlfriend
>>
Your gf is a keeper OP.

Go for Pokemon ROSA, it's cool. Does your gf has a 3DS as well ? In that case, get the game for both of you.
Playing pokemon with your loved one, with two different versions, is a great experience.
>>
Pirate everything.
>>
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Pokémon
Super Mario 3D Land
Monster Hunter 4U
Pushmo/Crashmo
>>
Sorry there are barely any good games on 3DS. Anyone who thinks 3DS games are anything more than mediocre versions of past games in their series have terrible taste or are out of their minds.
>>
>>321420815
If you think you're going to download a lot of eShop releases or retail games, then a bigger SD card is a must.
I agree with >>321420939 and also think Sm4sh 3DS is worth picking up if you haven't got the Wii U version of it. Also, is it a "new" 3DS (one with the C stick)? If so and you like JRPG's, then you might want to look into Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.
The fanbase is pretty divided on the current generation of Pokemon games at the moment, but in my opinion X&Y is a good place to start if you've never played one before.
>>
Not OP but I also have a large amount of cash to spend on 3DS titles.
I already have all the basics like Sm4sh, MonHun, Awakening, Pokemon, etc, I need some niche recommendations.
Additionally I'm already considering Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Kirby Triple Deluxe if that helps you understand what I'm looking for.
>>
>>321420939
This. It's the best game on the system. You're not a pre-schooler, are you? There is no need for Pokemon.
>>
File: 1450137082374.png (91 KB, 420x370) Image search: [Google]
1450137082374.png
91 KB, 420x370
If you've ever played a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game and liked it, get Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>321420815
mh4u is a must have, and you might as well dish out some extra cash for a circle pad pro since you're gonna put 200+ hours into it too
i also recommend eo4, and some downloadable titles like denpamen and harmoknight
>>
>not using a CFW under <9.2 FW with a 10.3 emunand

Enjoy paying for games faggot while i get all games for free with my 64GB SD Card, with all features (region free, translation patches, modding, GBA VC, homebrews, etc.)
>>
Buy a gateway or some other pirating software and never have to worry aboit paying for a 3ds game.
>>
Listing Good Games:

Rune Factory 4
Stella Glow
Kid Icarus
Starfox 3D
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Zelda (OoT, Majora, between worlds)
Ace Combat
Codename Steam
Fire Emblem

Smash and Mario kart if you don't have a Wii U
>>
>>321421373
Tales of the Abyss plays surprisingly well for the 3DS, but... it's a Tales of. If you like Tales of games, you can buy it safely
>>
>>321421373
Triple Deluxe is a great game. It's a must have if you like Kirby at all.

If you like old school games that will kick your teeth in and don't care much about graphics get Shinobi (not Shinobi III, the Mega Drive game on the eshop, even though that is great too).
>>
>>321421373

Stella Glow is a nice, if a bit by the books, SRPG. Might be a bit expensive though because of Atlus tax but if by some stroke of luck you can find a used copy or something for around $30 it's not a bad deal.

Yokai Watch is also a pretty charming game.
>>
File: commit sudoku.jpg (923 KB, 819x1157) Image search: [Google]
commit sudoku.jpg
923 KB, 819x1157
>>321421013
>A girlfriend that buys him shit
I want that, too.
>>
If you've played persona 3 or 4 and liked them get persona q
>>
>>321420815
Too bad it's not the new 3ds xl
>>
OCARINA OF TIME OR MAJORA'S MASK

I NEED TO KNOW NOW!
>>
>>321421418
If pokemon is pre-school then Zelda can't be above the 6th grade, but I'll give it up to the first year of middleschool at least, for the "muh deep story" fags.
>>
>>321422063
I can play Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin, also i dont care about c-stick.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2435x3247) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2435x3247
>>321420815

Pic related is my collection, minus a few games I got recently.

Also have like 5 or 6 games on preorder for 2016.

Collection is pretty varied. I would personally recommend the Shin Megami Tensei franchise which I only discovered this year.
>>
File: choices.jpg (67 KB, 1040x459) Image search: [Google]
choices.jpg
67 KB, 1040x459
GUYS

Which one do I go for!?
>>
If you want anything capcom related for 3ds you better get it today or this weekend since they're 75% off on eshop.
>>
>>321420815
Bravely default if you like good games.
>>
>>321422446
none
>>
>>321422124
Relax holmes, it is just banter. I simply never got the love for Pokemon. That's all.
>>
>>321421373
Any Mario RPG. Uprising its pretty good too.
>>
Braverly Default
Kid Icarus
Mario Kart and smash if you don't have it on wii u
Pokemon if you like Pokemon I would get x/y over ORAS

Kid icarus might be easier and cheaper to get on the E-shop then hunting for a physical copy
>>
If the XL is 9.2 or under (which I doubt) then get CFW on it and just download whatever you want.

Also don't bother playing Awakening on anything under Hard because the game is easy as hell after the first like 5 chapters.
>>
>>321422828
WOW YOU ARE TELLING ME TO RELAX NOW? FIRST YOU SAY SOME DUMB SHIT THEN YOU THINK YOU CAN QUELL A TITAN?

*unsheathes lightsaber katana*
Who the fuck do you think you are, bub?
>>
>>321422304
>VLR
I can respect that.
Arguably one of the best Nintendo series to date.
>>
>>321421373
I really like the Etrian Odyssey games. There's Untold 1 & 2 on the 3DS which are remakes of the first and second games in the series respectively; there's also 4 but it's a little bit different than the first two. They're refreshingly challenging and surprisingly content rich.

SMTIV seems to be recommended a lot in this thread, but it's a markedly mediocre game. If you really love SMT games for whatever reason I suppose it's a good purchase. Personally I wouldn't bother unless you've played some of the better games on the system and are feeling starved for RPGs.

Virtue's Last Reward is fun as well if you like VN/Puzzle type games. Might be a bit confusing if you haven't played 999.

I wouldn't bother with TotA assuming you haven't played it yet. Tales is a pretty crappy series and Abyss is no exception. I'd imagine they fixed the load time issues from the PS2, but it's still a monstrously long game without the story and gameplay to really support its length.
>>
File: 1450323245636.png (768 KB, 680x850) Image search: [Google]
1450323245636.png
768 KB, 680x850
>>321420815
Use the money to preorder the vastly superior Fire Emblem: Fates
>>
If JRPGs like Final Fantasy are your thing, Bravely Default, one of my favorites for the 3DS, is absolutely great for the first half. After the second half of the game hits the story gets pretty shitty until the very end. Most people hate it, while others tolerate the second half for the great turn based gameplay and job mechanics. It really all comes down to how willing you are to play through Groundhog Day: The Game
>>
>>321421373
Pushmo/Pullblox.
Get on that shit already.
>>
>>321423995
I'm really not sure why people like the job system in BD. Literally 1/3 of the jobs are completely and utterly useless, and the other third only exist for support abilities. I wouldn't say its terrible but it certainly isn't praiseworthy
>>
>>321423931
Elise>Sakura
>>
Check out Monster Hunter 4U. The demo in the eshop is only a small portion of what the game is actually like. If you like the grind and games that you have to put effort into check it out.
>>
>>321424120
>not liking being able to to be a dual axe wielding pirate using swordmaster's free lunch to deal 3 x 9999 damage

Just because you never found the right support abilities doesn't make it bad, but it isn't too much of a stretch to say it's best on the 3DS
>>
>>321423931
>Almost 2016
>Still pre-ordering
Fucking why?
>>
Rune Factory 4 is pretty decent.

Get a NDS emulator and play 999, then buy Virtue's Last Reward

Zero Escape 3 next summer
>>
>>321424489
>implying it is humanly possible to get the SE of Fates if you don't pre-order
>>
>>321424079
>Pushmo
My fellow dark skinned friend. Played World on Wii U and had more fun than I should have.
>>
>>321424476
>Just because you never found the right support abilities
What does this have to do with my post?
>>
>>321420815
Pokemon Y is good. I didn't like ORAS as much cause it felt like a Hoenn skinned X/Y but if you like Hoenn go for it.

Would've been better to play mh4u with /v/ during the hype a few months back but you'll still see threads from time to time

ALBW is good, smash is good and animal crossing can take your attention away for months at a time if you aren't careful
>>
File: 1407839564248.jpg (13 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1407839564248.jpg
13 KB, 395x395
I would be a happy with a gf that even existed ;_;
>>
>>321424489
Only way to 100% guarantee it'll be in your local retailer on the date of release. You get a cute 3DS sleeve and an artbook too if you preorder.
>>
>>321424936
/v/ and /feg/ are going to have a blast playing Fates with each other, so I'd recommend jumping on that hype train early on.

I'm hoping the inevitable Kalos Pokemon sequel is decent. Kinda been underwhelmed with 6th gen so far.
>>
>>321424779
I was saying that the game breaking combinations like the example I gave make up for the useless abilities. There's always going to be better ways to play a game than others, in this case it's best to pick the good jobs over the worse ones. Part of the game is figuring out what works and what doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying BD is the second coming of Christ, but it is really good; especially for the 3DS's limited library of JRPGs containing job systems
>>
>>321422120
OoT
>>
>>321420815
>I'm thinking Pokemon Y
I have X. It was pretty crap. ORAS is even worse.

Just wait for Z.
>>
>>321423243
I tried SMTIV. Started out pretty fun, but felt really cheap in a lot of spots - plus, navigating that damn city after the game's first major "reveal", is just fucking annoying. It eventually felt like a chore, plus it felt really dark and I couldn't get into it fully.

OP, try Donkey Kong Cuntry Returns if you haven't played the Wii version. It's basically the Wii game without the awful motion controls. I wouldn't call it a "must-have" though... not really a fan of that term, as everyone's tastes are different.
>>
>>321425349
I don't know what's so crap about it
It's fucking Pokemon
>>
>>321425565
A lot of cut content compared to the previous gen. But that's how they sell games: only the last game in the gen is really worth buying as it will have everything the previous version have and more.

Just wait for the definitive Gen 6 game.
>>
>>321425748
It felt like a complete game to me. I don't know why people expect post-ending content so much.
>>
>>321425861
Maybe my expectations were high after how great Gen V was. Or maybe it was that great long, drawn out early game that turned into a terrible gym rush of forgettable characters.

Gen VI just didn't sit well with me. There weren't any aspects of the game I enjoyed more than a previous title, graphics included. Just about the only thing I really liked was finally getting a Ghost/Steel, which I've been waiting since Gen II for.

But even if someone might like Gen VI, I'd still say to wait for Z. There's not much of a reason to buy the game twice, especially this late in.
>>
File: image.png (197 KB, 389x328) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197 KB, 389x328
I was thinking about picking up Bravely Default today but I dunno
>>
>got a $35 eShop card
>no idea what to buy
Any good eShop games for 3DS? Already got Shovel Knight and Pirate's Curse.
>>
File: 1450943771782.gif (1 MB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1450943771782.gif
1 MB, 250x241
If you got a n3DS and haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles that's aite on handheld.
SMT IV if you're a JRPG nigger
Fantasy Life if you're a cofmy nigger
OOT/Majoras Mask if you're a LoZ nigger
Binding of Isaac if you're a nigger that likes to eat his steak in little bites

I've also heard good things about the latest Pokémon mystery dungeon. Don't get Gates to Infinity though I did and its a snorefest too much yappin'
>>
File: 1436751433158.png (113 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
1436751433158.png
113 KB, 298x298
>>321420815
Well, since you have Fire Emblem Awakening we don't have to put that on the list

You really won't need anything bigger than a 32 GB card. I got one, I've been buying a hideous number of digital titles and I haven't had to worry about space ever. They're not expensive either.

>Kid Icarus: Uprising
>Animal Crossing: New Leaf
>Super Smash Bros 4
>A Pokemon game, Y is fine, the ORAS are great, but perhaps hold off until we know anything about Pokemon titles released this year for 3DS
>Super Mario 3D Land
>Mario Kart 7
>The Etrian Odyssey series; IV, Untold 1 & 2
>the various Mystery Dungeon titles
>Rune Factory 4
>Bravely Default
>Mario & Luigi Dream Team(and Paper Jam)
>Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
>the remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
>Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
>the Megaten games; SMT IV, Soul Hackers, Persona Q, the enhanced Devil Survivor ports
>a Monster Hunter if you're into that, at least try out the demo, you're guaranteed to get hundreds of hours out of that
>Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
>the Ace Attorney titles

It's not quite a comprehensive list and we haven't even gotten into the eShop offerings, but I think those are some pretty good starter stuff and highlights.
>>
File: 1449942896640.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449942896640.png
4 KB, 400x400
>>321427610
Also Bravely Default, Link Between World's, Triple Delux, Boxboy!, MH4U, Resident Evil Mercs 3D, Weegie: Scaryhouse 2, MGS 3DS, Steamworld Dig, Rune Factory 4, Shovel Knight, Theatrhythm, Animal Crossing, Dream Drop Distance, Weapon Shop de Omasse and some great DS games you might have missed like the FFIII and IV remakes, the DQ games, KH 358/2 days etc.

If you're into Harvest Moon don't buy any recent releases, its not the original team anymore and due to licencing issues the next "proper" Harvest Moon will be called Story of Seasons out soon (or now idk)
>>
>>321426358
And even then, steel now doesn't resist dark or ghost anymore so it defeats the purpose of the type combination. Aegislash is the reason steel was nerfed
>>
>>321429234
Boxboy? I mean it looked fun, and I've thought about it. Is it actually worth getting?
>>
>>321422645

Why? Are they both mediocre?

I heard SK2 was better than the previous games.
>>
File: IMAG0019.jpg (619 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0019.jpg
619 KB, 2688x1520
>>321429806
Yeah famalam, its a neat little puzzle game never played anything like it personally.
All the costumes are cute too, and it can be pretty hard to perfect the later levels.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.