[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>enter famous capitol of the country for the first time >theres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 13
File: fallout 4 diamond city 1.png (348 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 diamond city 1.png
348 KB, 594x334
>enter famous capitol of the country for the first time
>theres a commotion going on, everyone from town assembles
>some talking, people arguing
>guards tell you to step away
>person eventually gets executed in public

where have I seen this before /v/, can you help me out?

kinda glad I pirated this right now
>>
>>321411976
Is it time for the hourly obsidrone thread?
>>
>>321411976
>Diamond City
>Capital of country
>>
>>321411976
WITCHER 2 ? But it isn't really a capitol, neither is Diamond City
>>
>>321413332
Isn't that every Witcher?
>>
Salem_Witch_Trials.mp4
>>
>>321413424
I didn't finish one, or played the third
>>
>>321411976
This game is actually really good /v/, why did you lie to me?
>>
File: SR-npc-Roggvir[1].jpg (439 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
SR-npc-Roggvir[1].jpg
439 KB, 1080x1080
>>321411976
Roggvir did nothing wrong.
>>
>>321413510
Because it isn't.
The decent shooting mechanics can only distract you from the boring world for a limited amount of time.
>>
Anybody remember that title of the game where you captured creatures in crystals to release them later as your servant? It was even based in Europe I think. At the beginning you were trained in some magic monastery. Shit was crayy
>>
>>321413656
You're right, the great gameplay has kept me entertained for three days straight. Terrible game.
>you're this retarded
>>
>>321413854
except i pirated fallshit 4 and uninstalled after playing for a hour
>>
>>321413743
Folklore?
>>
>>321414218
Nope, it's much older than that. There was some iconic staff / halberd that you got to wear in the game after certain period of time. It was even of the cover of the game I think, the main character later used it to capture the souls of creatures and release them later as their allies in fights. It was sort of based on medieval Europe, you got to travel through Stockholm, Rome etc.
>>
>>321414373
Shit, now I'm curious. Do you remember the platform?
>>
>>321413656
This is pretty much it for me as well. I really enjoy gibbing things with a explosive shotgun, but besides that this is easily the worst FO of the three "modern" games.

I don't care if NV has hundreds of engine-related crashes and bugs, and that I can only play it in bursts of 40-60 minutes before it hangs, crashes, etc. At least it, and even FO3, tried to give me a semblance of roleplaying in the dialogue. That there were multiple ways and dialogues to solve things besides simply shooting your way out.

What's sad is that I don't see how mods will fix such a crippling failure in the game. The four choice limit, the fact that most conversations are four ways of saying the same thing... Shit's a wreck.
>>
Have you seen my father? Middle aged guy

Have you seen my son? Baby aged guy
>>
File: 1446317052804.jpg (54 KB, 415x598) Image search: [Google]
1446317052804.jpg
54 KB, 415x598
>>321414771
every time
>>
>finally finish F4 after just one playthrough
>no interest in replaying because every build is just killing things but with different weapons
>go back to NV
>non-combat skills are actually really rewarding
>each quest has plenty of ways to shorten it or change it based on medicine, science, repair, survival, barter etc
>buildings actually reward these skills as well, with elevators for repair and science/lock picking for loot
Feels so fucking good to be playing an actual RPG again.
I mean, Fallout 4 was pretty fun, but it shouldnt have been a Fallout game, plain and simple. If it had any other name, it would have been much better received
>>
>>321411976
>armed citizen
>executed
>>
>>321414771
Have you seen my son? 200 years old baby.
>>
File: 1438986586504.png (461 KB, 713x691) Image search: [Google]
1438986586504.png
461 KB, 713x691
Why the fuck does your gun disappear when you holster it? How fucking lazy is Bethesda for not being able to do something so simple?
>>
>>321414536
>mods that change it so dialogue is no longer 3 yeses and a fuck you
>95% of the game is now silent

Can't wait to be able to roleplay
>>
>>321415046
You forgot
>SPECIAL is actually meaningful
>Perks are fun again, and aren't trivial to choose (actually have to think about which ones are worth it)
>>
I just wanted to enjoy a fallout with better graphics, I dont knoow how to feel about what I got, played about 60 hours and now I cant find a reason to go back to it, didnt even finish the main story.
>>
>Can handle Benny in a bunch of different ways
>Can handle Captain Crunch in exactly one way

Bethesda is so fucking incompetent it hurts my niggardly soul.

They literally cannot even copy something that a previous game did without cocking it up with Emil's hideous fucking writing.

Emil Pagliarulo could not write himself out of a fucking paper bag without filling it with plot holes, nonsensical character motivations, blatant fucking stupidity, and a screaming hell of zero internal consistency even within the same fucking game, much less previous games.
>>
dovakhim
>>
>game is set in boston
>no boston-style burgers anywhere
fucking americucks can't get anything right
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 400x325
>>321413624
I swear not being able to stop the execution was the point where I realized exactly how shallow Bethesda writing actually was. I sure am glad I went there first so I could stop playing that slop.
>>
You can kill the guy too.
>>
>>321415810
Oh shut up you little obsidrone cuckboy, just enjoy the game
>>
>Skyrim writing

I still get mad as fuck when I think of anything associated with Riften or the Thieves Guild chain

Fucking hell
>>
>>321415956
>people actually have Irish and Russian accents
This I dont get.
Itd make sense if it was a whole tribe, since they could have survived in some ghetto and all started out as Irish or Russian.
But having only one Irish and two Russian characters makes no sense. Where would you develop an accent 200-300 years after the end of the world in America
>>
>>321412129
IF FALLOUT 4 IS SO GODO HOW COME YOU'RE NOT PLAYING IT
CHECK MATE FAGGOT
>>
>>321413854
>Great gameplay

This bait tastes terrible.
>>
>>321416617
People travel between the continents in Bethesda Fallout. This is canon.

Not to mention the scores of people who cross the USA solo
>>
>>321413854
72 hours is nothing for a bethesda game
but yknow it's so much better than the witcher 3 which i have about two full weeks in.
>>
>>321416938
>People travel between the continents in Bethesda Fallout. This is canon.
Fucking how? When does thisbhappen in F3 or F4?
If true, thats terrible.
LA made sense with a fucking pre-war nuclear sub crew.
>>
>>321413743
>>321414373
>>321414503
Mistmare most likely,
>>
>>321417202
iirc in 3 Tenpenny was a brit and came from England and Moriarty from Ireland
>>
>>321417202
Tenpenny and Moriarty are both directly from Europe.

Tenpenny:
"Allistair Tenpenny came to the Capital Wasteland from Great Britain to seek his fortune, so that alone tells you that the U.K. was also hit in the war. And if he came to U.S. to succeed, that says a lot about how screwed up Europe must be. So we just allude, a little bit, to the state of the rest of the world. We like to leave a lot to the players' imaginations, and somebody like Tenpenny serves as a catalyst for those thoughts."
-- Direct quote from Emil Pagliarulo, lead designer of FO3 and FO4

Moriarty:
I hear Moriarty even has his own place now. Guess that shouldn't surprise me. That guy had been playing the angles since the day he ended up in this country, as a kid.
-- Terminal entry from Tenpenny Towers in-game

Quality writing from Emil as always.
>>
>>321413854
>the great gameplay
This is a strange choice for your first FPS
>>
>>321417709
Is Emil the new meme-writer? Is he going to become the next Burch?
>>
>>321415223
just lazy fucks. That or they used the funds for the unnecessary damn voiced protagonist.
>>
>>321411976
why have bethesda never been able to give a sense of scale to major towns in there games? they are ALWAYS sparely populated with maybe 10 buildings
>>
>>321417709
>He wants to move somewhere else
>T-that means where he's from must be absolutely horrible!

What kind of shitty fucking logic is this? Fuck this person. I fucking hate him.
>>
>>321417902
When people begin to catch on that the atrocious writing in Skyrim, FO3, and FO4 are all a result of the same name then they might.

His name was Emil Pagliarulo.

Look on his works ye mighty and despair.
>>
>>321417591
>>321417709
But how did they achieve this journey? Thats what I'd like to know.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 600x600
>>321417709
What a hack, how does he do it? Anyone sane would look at these two examples and think, "Yeah, but how did fucking get here when global civilization has collapsed," before wondering about the state of the world outside the U.S. In the way he wants you to. Hell, Tenpenny's and Moriarty's dialogue could have had some allusion to how this voyage took place for both an extremely poor man and an extremely wealthy man - but no. Why did Tenpenny come to the U.S. to earn his fortune? Was he not rich previously? How did he afford to cross the Atlantic? Why are there no other immigrants in the game if this is possible? There's so many questions this raises.
>>
>>321418182
Morrowind , daggerfall and redguard had really good cities. Oblivion had a fairly large major city but it was empty of life, skyrim was really bad with a small and empty major city. Can't comment on fallout 3 anymore, been so long since I played it, but fallout 4 has a similar problem to skyrim.
>>
>>321416135
I on the other hand am glad im not playing some super-hero mary sue, and that there are some things in the world even the "chosen one" can't save. Its relatable.
>>
>>321418742
>Shooting a couple of faggots before they cut the head off of another faggot is being a super-hero mary sue
>>
>>321418429
>Comes to the States to "seek his fortune" after the fucking apocalypse wipes out all semblance of old-world ideas of wealth
>Ends up in the most bombed out, worthless hellhole of the D.C. wasteland which has zero semblance of civilization after 200 fucking years

How is Tenpenny "wealthy" anyway? Does calling yourself wealthy make it so? D.C. has zero resources, almost zero development, and apparently has huge issues with simply obtaining drinking water.

Did he convert his Europe money into caps somewhere and build a Scrooge McDuck moneybin full of caps somewhere?

Did Emil literally just copy and paste the "rich and detached Brit aristocrat" trope into a setting where it doesn't fit one fucking bit?

A complete fucking hack.
>>
>>321419309
>Interrupting a public execution of a stormcloak sympathizer in what is essentially the Dunmer capital of Skyrim wouldn't have any lasting politcal effects.

Even if you could stop it, people would then just bitch about how you're not being chased by the guards forever in that city. It wouldn't end.
>>
>>321419609
>Copy and paste the <thing> trope into a setting where it doesn't fit one fucking bit?

Sounds like Fallout to me, what's the problem?
>>
>>321418742
I'm not saying you should be Mary Sue gotta save everyone, but id rather the option to be able to stir up some shit and choose wether or not you interupt. Hell, they could've made the executioner a boss fight or something.
>>
>>321420053
>Wouldn't have any lasting political effects

This is Bethesda we're talking about. You become a sage and it has zero lasting effects.
>>
>>321417709
>And if he came to U.S. to succeed, that says a lot about how screwed up Europe must be.
That doesn't say much since he had no way to know how fucked was the U.S
>>
>>321418294
Why not a boat? You know humans used to cross the oceans in boats
>>
>>321416135
what happens when you try to stop it? do they just not die or something?
>>
MY ANCESTORS SMILE DOWN UPON ME IMPERIALS

CAN YOURS SAY THE SAME?
>>
>>321420272

>executiner
>boss fight
>bethesda
>boss fights

What
>>
>>321415223
why wouldn't it disappear when the game is first person..?
>>
>>321415223
You can potentially be carrying around an entire arsenal. Making all the weapons invisible makes as much sense as making all weapons invisible minus one.
>>
>>321415223
>They had to remove it or else the gun would clip with the various types of armor you can wear
That's the excuse I've seen a lot on Reddit.
>>
>>321411976
I've got 160 hours into it and I've only done the railroad playthough. /v/ recommends shit games like nuclear throne and then shit on the good ones. there really is no reason to this place.
>>
>>321420272
Doesn't really solve the fact your character would become Ulfric-levels of fugitive in that area, cutting you access from shit like the Bard's Guild and a buncha other shitty fetch quests and possibly the main storyline (I can't fucking remember anything about people crying about needing to kill the dragonlord of beards.)
>>
>>321411976
It's a glib facsimile.
>>
>>321420296
Geez just because you go around telling everyone you're a transge- ... a sage doesn't mean people have to give a shit man. Some people got good honest stable work to do and can't just talk about themselves in their crystal ball all day.
>>
>>321418742
>not playing some super-hero mary sue
>bethesda game

Dude. Are you fucking retarded? All the heroes of ES games are fucking OP as fuck.
>>
>>321420406
When I saved him, he ended up getting onto his knees and then his head fell off.
>>
>>321421151
That's exactly why its a nice change of pace now and then. My philosophy of going in with low or no expectations with each upcoming triple AAA just has me make fun out of the dumbest shit, but at least I know it.
>>
I wonder if I'm the only one that got bothered by it.

>son talks about the scientists I gotta talk to
>one of them has a Chinese name
>son doesn't even raise an eyebrow even though they were in a war with China for years and China nuked America in what must seem to be only two weeks ago to him
>>
>>321422126

Meant "protag" instead of "son" the second time.
>>
The writing for Nick's quest with the criminal guy is the most fucking hamfisted coincidental horseshit I have seen in a long ass time.
>>
>>321422126
This is going to sound bizarre, but some people view other people as individuals, and not representations of their entire race's evil. There were probably a good 8 billion Chinese who are just as victim as those in the United States. Congratulations on finding out you are a bigot.
>>
>call yourself a gamer but illegal get games
Top fucking kek
>>
>>321422563
We're talking about a world that is like the 50s in America, with the Red Scare going on and all that. The Chinese would've been demonized to hell and back (just listen to the TV at the beginning of the game).
>>
>>321421679
this is amazing
>>
>>321418236
He wants to move in order to succeed, implying he couldn't succeed in his former residence. What games have u written neckbeard?
>>
>>321422862
>Some dude leaves Bong land because he sucks dicks at life
>His friends all become billionaires because his retarded ass couldn't survive in bongistan
>>
>>321422735
Its heavily influenced by 50s America, but it's not 50s America. This was proven when Bethesda shoehorned dyke npcs and and timetraveling jetdrugs. It has all the bells and whistles of the 1950s, but it is the year 22XX. People have grown a bit passed racism I'd assume because of the fact that humans are so scarce, and good hearts in them are even rarer. I wouldn't turn down help in a chance-to-die-any-second world even if the zipperhead's ancient slamurai fighter pilot ancestor shot me down years prior. To blame a single china man because his gooky way's remind you of an enemy is the same logic the real time nigra uses to justify additional welfare from the white man.
>>
>>321423434

>years prior
See for the Protag it was maybe a week ago that the Chinese nuked America and destroyed his life. I'm not saying he should overreact, but at least some form of reaction would be appropriate.
>>
>>321415046
Yeah tell me about it
Fallout 4 is like a 7.5 game in general, but like a 3.5/10 Fallout or RPG
>>
>>321423614
I don't know man. There's present day soldiers who don't hold a grudge against Muslims. It would make sense if it was an option, but I wouldn't just assume he hated all of the Chinese because their govt bombed us.
>>
>>321423806

Again, 50s Mentality, as seen by the ingame TV. People in the 50s basically had witch hunts against perceived Communists. You can't compare a modern soldier who fights in Iraq and then returns home to a normal life in a functioning country to someone who had just literally everything around him destroyed.
>>
>>321417202
>la
You mean San Francisco?
>>
>>321424075
in game tv? how do you do this?
>>
>>321420738
then you are autism incarnate because the game has a little over half of that many hours of gameplay (exploring the whole map + doing everything that isnt a repeat quest).

playing dollhouse for 100 hours doesnt mean it has 100 hours of gameplay, you faggot retard.
>>
>>321424327

At the beginning of the game in your home, the TV is either running or you turn it on (can't remember) and there's a news report going on.
>>
>>321424075
Some soldiers do return home to nothing, anon. I also find some humor in you telling me I can't assume how an open mind in the 1950s would work, yet you can tell me about how a soldier losing his life should feel. The few minutes I had with my character before the time skip, he was a laid back, chill dude just happy to be home from the horrors of war. My character could've actually been trapped in trenches with a random Chinaman, and we actually had to overcome our differences and hatred to survive. War could've changed him to love his brother, even when all was lost.
>>
>>321424328
I'm maxing affinity and setting up the towns and I still havent done much exploration just to explore. I take my times with games like these I dont run through all the main quests like some A.D.D. patient. go take your meds kid.
>>
>>321424470

>some soldiers do return home to nothing

What Iraq soldier returned home to a bombed out America with people living in ruins because Al Qaeda dropped thousands of nukes on America?
>>
>>321411976
Fallout 3 and 4 are same as all TES games. Dogshit.
>>
>>321420806

So? Consequences for your action is exactly what Bethesda games need anyway.
>>
File: ScreenShot104.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot104.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>cant let curie get a new body that you put to your specification from the institute and have to take Glory's sloppy left overs
>cant convince engineering that shes your experiment
>cant let Nick in or anyone in at all to convert/shittalk the institute/any other faction

I hate how safe they made everything
>>
>>321424524
I explored the entire map, got every bobblehead, and did everything that wasnt a shitty infinite quest my first playthrough. Wasn't even close to 160 hours, let alone 100.

Maxing affinity doesn't take long at all. It probably is taking forever for you because you aren't actually playing the fucking game. Just decorating your literally meaningless settlements and passing it off as a worthwhile endeavor. Waste your time all you want, but don't lie to people and say it has all these hours when it really doesn't.
>>
>>321424629
I'd rather be living in a bombed out America where everyone has lost, then on the streets of a living America forgotten by those you fought to protect. Actually correction, the legislature remembers them when they halt raises, and even make cuts to veteran's welfare.
>>
>>321413424
That's every city in every witcher game
>>
>>321425206
>and did everything that wasnt a shitty infinite quest my first playthrough.
Well of course it was less than 100 hours, you skipped most of the game's content.
>>
>>321425206
>got every bobblehead
I google where to find things what kind of faggot does that?
>>
>>321425497
don't*
>>
>>321411976

Last of Us, Resident Evil 5, etc. I'm sure there are a ton of games with this scenario.
>>
>>321416285
it's true though. since this is a discussion/complaining thread maybe you should contribute.
>>
>>321423434
there's jet in lucky 38 too. granted it was form a random loot drop in a safe and nowhere as bad as a fucking pre war terminal entry from vault tec but still, gotta be critical of that too unless you wanna be seen as a drone.
>>
>>321422862
i guess food critics dont know shit to since they're not chefs too eh fucktard
>>
File: averybuttheadxmas.png (177 KB, 352x315) Image search: [Google]
averybuttheadxmas.png
177 KB, 352x315
>>321425206
ended my game at 87 and I wandered a lot, but radiant quests really draw in the autistic crowd so there's bound to be some disparity.
>>
>>321425304
160 hours in and I still ahvent found the techno cats or whatever they are called.
>>
>>321422126
Why the fuck would he care, the war is over and he knows damn well the place is fucked as it is, what would he do?
>>
>>321426775
I've noticed people that join every faction in one run seem to not like it.
>>
>>321425208
What are you even talking about anymore my man?
>>
>>321426787
Atom cats, and yeah I only found em cause I saw someone posting them, after I beat the game and was nearing 200 hours.
>>
File: HereWeAreAgain.jpg (34 KB, 450x340) Image search: [Google]
HereWeAreAgain.jpg
34 KB, 450x340
>>321427837
I think the whole shooter first RPG second thing is the "not like it" factor.

Also

Yes.
No (but yes).
Sarcastic yes.
Tell me more so I can say yes.

People can argue about a bunch of things about this game, the dialogue, choices and options presented to you are objectively dogshit.
>>
>>321428017
Talking about how the government shits on its Veteran's, which are the people stopping them from losing their power to begin with. Veterans are a group of people with unfairly high rates homelessness and suicide rates just to list the first thoughts. I think my fallout character just realized his country betrayed him by not investing in nuclear deterrence. They wanted this war to happen, there was a profit to be made; but they didn't see the inevitable wild card that destroyed civilization as we know it.
>>
>>321411976
Is there nothing you wont complain about?
>>
>>321428259
a lot are contextual and change depening on what choices you have made. so sometimes you will get all yes's I'm not defending the change but there it is.
>>
I hope this will teach you that being a little contrarian cunt is not only autistically retarded it will also cost you 100$ to confirm it.

>b-but I just wanted to play another fallout!

And that's exactly what you got. Oh, I'm soryy, did you expected something new?

Idiots.
>>
>>321428814
>$100
Dude I got the game for about $48. How'd you fuck up so bad?
>>
File: 1402402802717.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1402402802717.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>321415046

Me too. The thing I missed the most out of Fallout U-Vegas was the great map.

Man my adventures have been so varied and different, such as this time when I went down, then right, then up. And there was also this playthrough where I went down, then right, then up. What about the other one where I went down, then right, then up? That was pure bliss. And boy, oh boy, that one time I went down, then right, then up was nothing short of magical. Pure bliss.

Sure a refined open world RPG.
>>
>>321429060
Being Canadian...
>>
>>321429291
>being such a babby that you can't go north or east from goodsprings
lmoa
you didn't play FO1 or 2 did you
>>
File: 1409468007705.png (154 KB, 443x376) Image search: [Google]
1409468007705.png
154 KB, 443x376
Fallout 4 is like a kiddie pool. Shallow as fuck, not very big, and only really enjoyed by people that can't handle an actual pool.

Thats pretty much everything from Bethesda nowadays though. I'd say Skyrim is more like a wading pool though, it had way more content and a pretty big world to explore.
>>
>>321430352

All these games are shallow as fuck and shouldn't be taken more seriously outside of the frivolous and accessible entertainment value they provide. I can't stop laughing when I see people fighting at which baby tier shit has "b-better writing" when they are all terrible even for gaming standards, let alone actual writing.
>>
File: 1346063149325.jpg (95 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1346063149325.jpg
95 KB, 500x600
>>321415810
Took me three tries to get the exact result I wanted: ambush him alone in his suite, let him lie face down rotting on the carpet of his home.

Damn, it was gratifying.

Meanwhile:
>Wait here while I sneak off to Caesar's Fort, baby
-Yes
-No (sarcastic)
-Yes
-Hate casinos
>>
>>321415810
>Bethesda is so fucking incompetent it hurts my niggardly soul.
>my niggardly soul.

gwheheheheh
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.