[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any help with GPU problems? I'll give the working awnser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: MSI-G-Series-logo.jpg (116 KB, 840x846) Image search: [Google]
MSI-G-Series-logo.jpg
116 KB, 840x846
Any help with GPU problems?
I'll give the working awnser $100 on PayPal.

Everything was runnings like a dream, but this all changed over a week ago.
I installed MSI Afterburner and let it auto-detect.
After rebooting I wanted to play some games to monitor my GPU.
(note that I didn't change a thing using the functions of Afterburner or any other program for that matter)
I started playing GTA V wich froze after about 30 seconds stating the display driver stopped responding and had recovered.
I tried others games after giving up on GTA and every 3D game freezed/crashed :(
Wanting to get my old experiences back, I tried the following:

- Rolled back drivers
- Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers
- Uninstalled and reinstalled MSI Afterburner
- Tried running with/without MIS Afterburner
- Clean install of Windows 10
- Checked RAM sticks
- Checked PCIe slots
- Cleaned everything with compressed air
- Install older drivers
- Set TdrDelay to 8/10
- Clean install of Windows 7
- Updated drivers
- Reinstalled Windows 10

In between I tried countless things posted on forums
Nothing has worked for me and I have no idea what I can do now...
It was gifted to me by my friends and family for the holidays and don't have a receipt.
I still have all the packaging and the card in pristine condition,
but don't know if I can RMA it since I'm from the Netherlands and have no receipt.
>>
>>321407768
Do a system restore

"Last known good configuration"

Or dont use MSI afterburner or latest drivers

Make sure its the right card drivers too
>start
>type DXdiag
>go to monitor 1
>see what GPU you have
>>
You might be fucked OP.
My old notebook's GPU dying also started with random driver crashes, no reinstalling of windows or drivers would fix it. Ended up not 200% broken, but too shitty too play games and also showing fucking artefacts all the time when playing videos.
>>
File: dx.png (22 KB, 736x541) Image search: [Google]
dx.png
22 KB, 736x541
>>321407921
>>
>>321408162
desktop or laptop

assuming thats a 7950 GPU?
>>
>>321407927
Out of the blue aswell?
>>
Install the latest beta drivers from AMD, if applicable to your card. Crimson I think its called.

Run the game in windowed + borderless mode

Lower the tesselation settings to 8 (probably in the AMD settings)

Downclock the GPU main clock by around 100 to 150 MHz

I fell for the AMD meme and got an MSI R9 380 and get CTD on fallout 4, but not since I've tweaked my settings like above.
>>
>>321408427
Running a Sabertooth p67 mobo, 700W psu, 2x 4gb ddr3 Corsair vengeance, i5 2500k, r7950 twin frozr in a Storm Scout 2 Advanced case
>>
>>321408572
I think when you upgraded to ten, shit got fucked

What is the issue you are currently having at this very moment?

add me on steam i can help

/id/friskynoodle
>>
>>321407768
Have you tested on a clean install of Windows 7 with drivers?
>>
>>321407768
Sent you the fix :)
>>
>>321408810
Yup
>>
Should make sure that you're not OC'ing the GPU from MSI AB.
>>
>>321408993
Also, temps?

If nothing else, MSI AB can show exactly what's maxing out on the ingame display -- gpu / gmem, cpu, memory, and pagefile
>>
>>321408930
If this: >>321408517
Was your comment, I'll try it later ;) If it works the money's yours
>>
Check your GPU reference voltage and frequency and see if yours is overclocked, if it is, lower the values.
>>
>>321409116
I don't want your money.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.