[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Undertale's "Kill Everyone" Neutral -> Genocide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Nier_(game_box_art).jpg (40 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Nier_(game_box_art).jpg
40 KB, 256x315
Is Undertale's "Kill Everyone" Neutral -> Genocide route the NieR of indie games?

No joke, the game really hits you hard when you kill people, as if none of the characters really deserved it.

Undyne's neutral death was something straight out of NieR.
>>
>>321376636
I will probably play Undertale at some point, so here's a bump and I'm going to avoid spoilers.
>>
I've been saying since it launched that Undertale is a blatant rip-off of NieR.
>>
>>321377314
Atleast Undertale has an actual happy ending in one of the routes.
>>
Ok I can't stop hearing about Nier. What's so great about it?
>>
>actually comparing a piece of generic garbage like Undertale to NieR
Is there anything more insufferable than Tumblr?
>>
>>321377537
Nier has a happy ending. Are you not happy that Nier saved Yonah?
>>
only reason /v/ likes nier is for fem dick
>>
>>321377716
>saved
She still has the black scrawl, she'll die soon anyway.
>>
>>321377651
NieR is just as insufferably "wahhh wahh" feels bait tumblr bullshit as Undertale. NieR even has a fucking hermaphrodite in it. If UT is a tumblr game, so is nier.
>>
>>321377637
The story and characters. Gameplay is ok but pretty weak overall. You also have to do the second playthrough or else it won't make sense.
>>
>>321377637
there's a big plot twist that impresses people who have never read books.

it has 1/10 gameplay and you have to play the game 3 times to get to the twist. have fun.
>>
>>321377824
If you don't see a difference between dozens of hours of character interaction and 5 minutes of "lol look at the wacky skeleton man making puns!" then it's no surprise you spend your time on Tumblr and actually think that UT has even a single "feel" other than total boredom.
>>
>>321378218
NieR's characters start the game angsty and edgy and end the game angsty and edgy. Undyne noticably becomes more humble throughout the game, Alphys learns from her mistakes and takes responsibility for the abominations she's created, and even if you could argue the characters are shallow, the entire point of the game is that they aren't real humans. That's why you're the only human in the game, because you're the only one who's actually human. If you're going to write likable characters who aren't relatable in any way, Undertale did it best.
>>
>>321378218
Oh and finally, atleast Undertale has good gameplay with an inclining difficulty slope, something NieR can never say.
>>
File: nier01.jpg (92 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
nier01.jpg
92 KB, 1200x675
>>321377537

>Every story needs a happy ending

Undertale truly is the west's "attempt" at NieR, and they failed in every conceivable way.

NieR even had a better skeleton.
>>
>>321378537
>Genocide's ending is happy.
>Any of the neutral endings are happy.
>Soulless Pacifist ending is happy.
Pacifist's ending is happy, sure, but you don't have to choose that path, and even so, you'll never save Asriel.
>>
>>321378458
>NieR's characters start the game angsty and edgy and end the game angsty and edgy
Quite possibly the weakest bait I've seen all night
>>
>>321378667
only memers care about that.
>>
>>321378537
>Every story needs a happy ending.

Undertale's narrative is an interactive one where your choices have consequences within the game world and as a result, it's completely okay to have one happy ending out of 25 sad ones. Real life isn't always as "boohoo everything sucks *cuts self* angst angst" as NieR is.
>>
>>321378458
Nice job not playing the game at all. Nier starts the game as a hopeful child, and ends it as a man. Moonface starts it as a depressed piece of shit and winds up hopeful for the future.

The characters in Undertale are not only incredibly shallow, they're not even slightly likeable. They're obviously designed to appeal to complete morons, and your excuse of "b-but they're monsters, they have to be shallow!" is about as dumb as it gets.

>>321378535
You mean absolute yawnfest gameplay aside from 2 battles on one route nobody played where the difficulty goes through the roof.
>>
File: 1442732789173.jpg (12 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1442732789173.jpg
12 KB, 201x199
ITT: Undertale fans who have never played NieR argue with NieR fans who have never played Undertale.

How about you faggots stop arguing about stupid bullshit and play videogames?
>>
>>321378870
>>Undertale's narrative is an interactive one where your choices have consequences within the game world
Not really. You have 3 choices, and they're all based on if you kill anything or not. All they change is some minor incidental dialogue, 2 fights on one of the routes, and the ending of the game. It's pretty hilarious you think there are 25 endings just because one of them has different dialogue based on who you killed.

I'm very sorry you didn't understand any of the points Nier was trying to make. I don't really know how to help someone with an IQ below 70, though.
>>
Holy shit this thread is fucking awful.
>>
>>321376636
NieR is more in line with SpecOps - The Line, because you don't realize that you're the fucked up bad person until you beat the game... twice. Then again, it's hard to say who exactly is truly bad, the original humans who became shades just to survive the apocalypse and fucked up shit even more, or the bodies they recreated for themselves which gained sentience and just want to live peacefully, it's just tragic shit all around.
>>
>>321381342
Meanwhile, any kills you make in Undertale are explicitly yours and you know why you did what you did. With the exception of the game obfuscating the solution to save goatmom for new players, there is nothing in Undertale which forces you to do something and get a result you didn't want.
>>
>>321377901
>have to play the game 3 times
>the NG+ routes start you off halfway through the game
Okay anon
>>
>>321382347
*more than halfaway

You skip the emil chapter
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.