[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that this has the worst story out of all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: yakuza5jpg-14ab69_1280w.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yakuza5jpg-14ab69_1280w.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
Can we all agree that this has the worst story out of all the Yakuza games?

>MUH DREAMS
>TWEESTS every fucking second. I'm a detective, no wait, I'm the head of the Omi Alliance! And that dumbass bodyguard who keeps getting his ass kicked out of him is actually trying to take over as chairman!
>Ridiculously convoluted master plan with bad guy which relies on random coincidences and dumb luck to succeed.
>Guns are available in Japan and yet every character thinks it makes sense to fight with Kiryu or Saijima instead of just fucking shooting them
>Rushed finale with Shinada which doesn't really belong with the rest of the story line.
>Akiyama/Haruka chapter is trying to mash too much shit into one chapter
>No good boss characters. Aizawa, Kanai and Baba keep getting recycled as bosses
>Baba is an annoying shit
>Daigo confirmed for most useless chairman in history
>Combat is fun but it's barely changed at all since Yakuzu 4. Mash buttons and dodge until you get heat then one shot everyone.

Rubber Bullets was at least somewhat acceptable. The amount of twists and turns in this plot made my head hurt.

AND EVERY FUCKING LINE OF DIALOGUE HAD SOME CHEESY BULLSHIT ABOUT DREAMS. DO CHARACTERS IN GTA TALK LIKE THIS? NO! BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING STUPID. CUT THAT SHIT OUT.

It was a lot of fun to play though. I'm starting the extra hard difficulty today and have just barely scratched the surface with side quests.

A solid 8/10. I liked Arkham knight more.
>>
I'm at Haruka's chapter and so far it's better than 3 and 4 at least.
>>
I've only played for about an hour and the second thing to happen is the twist that dragon man cucked his boss out of a hostess.

dropped.
>>
>>321374741
In 4 you spend the first hour talking to people about loans and slumming around a city doing next to nothing.
>>
>>321373557
ok
>>
>>321376124
that was fun
>>
>worst

No that's still 3.

I feel the story in 5 is genuinely engaging and it's kept me interested as to what's going to happen next. Granted I'm only in chapter 3 of Shinada's part, but the only legit twist I called bullshit on right away was Majima being dead, because I knew Nagoshi would NEVER kill him offscreen.

>Daigo confirmed for most useless chairman in history

We learned that in 4, if not 3. He was put in charge because he's the legitimate blood heir, not because he was the most competent (and because leaving things in Majima's hands is more trouble than it's worth)
>>
I'll forgive all of that because we got Shinada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeNe0HUTuyA
>>
also >>321377148 here, when does Shinada stop putting down bats? At the end of Igarashi's training or the end of his story section, because fuck catching that marlin, and I did ALL of the batting cages missions in one shot when first available.
>>
>>321373557
>I liked Arkham knight more
Why did you compared Yakuza to batman?
>>
File: 7395072.gif (391 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
7395072.gif
391 KB, 250x189
>>321373557
>GTA
>Arkham
>>
Yeah 5 easily has the worst story, mainly because it doesn't have one.

I mean, what even was the point of anything to do with Shinada's old coach? He does nothing, shows up like twice, the second appearance in which he's killed by mastermind because...? Their relationship was? What did baseball even have to do with the overall plot? What was the point of Shinada's storyline at all? And why does his fighting style suck so badly?
>>
>>321378135
>And why does his fighting style suck so badly?

You weren't using weapons
>>
>>321378374
Sure I was using weapons. In the finale once everyone pooled the money and items together. During his own chapters the dudes poor as fuck, and unlike some people I didn't hit the RNG lottery with random battle drops. I'd usually just get a petty 500/1000 yen.
>>
>>321378579
By the end of his chapter he was my richest character. Just look for guys in shiny white suits and they might even give you Platinum Plate worth 150k.
>>
>>321378579
You know there's shit on the ground to pick up, right?
>>
Yakuza's combat will never be as sophisticated as Batman Arkham knight combat.
>>
>>321378909
>gamespot meme
Stop right there, memester
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.