[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ESPN NFL 2K5 the best sports game of all time? >that Colts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 220px-ESPN_NFL_2K5.jpg (24 KB, 220x312) Image search: [Google]
220px-ESPN_NFL_2K5.jpg
24 KB, 220x312
Is ESPN NFL 2K5 the best sports game of all time?

>that Colts no huddle offense
>that realistic pass deflection physics
>that awesome running game, fighting for yards

How come Madden is so shit?
>>
>>321373201

Because EA bought the license and the NFLPA sucks dick
>>
>>321373201
I actually liked the latest Madden. Well, at least more than usual.
>>
I really liked some of the songs in 2k5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOh7_x8yBW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qePjAh8UCgw
>>
>$20
>>
>>321379114
this was amazing.

chris berman doing halftime comentray

nfl games should come back to pc.

basketball 2k was godlike that gen too
>>
>>321373201
>create monopoly
>no competition
>games are all shit
>>
>tfw bought this and the mlb equivalent for $20
>tfw my stupid gay high school friends at the time thought madden was better

I hope they rot in hell
>>
>>321373201
>we will never get a sports game as good as this ever again
I mean NBA 2K is the best we have right now but it will never get close to the authenticity that we got with this game

>getting Steve-O, Carmen Electra, and other celebs as guest teams along with Chris Berman

It's a real shame that the NCAA games went to shit because they at least had soul. Hopefully 2K gets the rights to college basketball soon
>>
That's not Tecmo Super Bowl

That's not Dunk Dream '95

That's not Baseball Stars 2

That's not World Stadium EX

That's not Virtua Tennis

That's not Neo Turf Masters

That's not at least a dozen other sports games that aren't behind the line view 3D western NFL games that despite your best efforts to say otherwise aren't indistinguishable from any Madden game released in the past 15 years
>>
>>321383131
>that despite your best efforts to say otherwise aren't indistinguishable from any Madden game released in the past 15 years
2K5 was different from Madden though, the presentation being the biggest difference alongside the animations at the time being leagues ahead of Madden for a long time, I think madden finally just got around to taking the charge meter from it this year.
>>
File: smug_kg.gif (3 MB, 348x235) Image search: [Google]
smug_kg.gif
3 MB, 348x235
Who /NBA 2k5/ here?
>>
Best sports games are

nfl blitz
mutant league football/hockey
wayne gretzky 3d hockey
nhl hitz
all the punch outs
ready 2 rumble boxing
rocket league (if this is even a sport?)
>>
>>321383609
also forgot nba jam
>>
>>321373201
How come no one talks about All-Pro Football 2k8?
>>
File: hesright.jpg (52 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
hesright.jpg
52 KB, 640x478
>>321383609
>nfl blitz
>wayne gretzky 3d hockey
>nhl hitz
>>
>>321383609

>first one is great, dat Broncos team
>football is awful, you played that shit lately
>N64? Nah
>dunno
>yeah pretty good
>objectively shit
>soccershit with cars

You ain't wrong but you ain't right
>>
>>321373201
>nfl 2k5 thread on /v/

nice
>>
>>321383829

Weird concept. Also I wanna be the Broncos, not just use Elway and Atwater.

I have to think the NFL could make more money licensing to different publishers, EA could still have their Madden but a little competition might force them to do something interesting for once
>>
>>321373201
i played the fuck out of this and loved going around my mansion. it was so fucking comfy.
>>
>>321373201
>>
>>321383609

>no ufc 2015
>no nba 2k15
>>
>>321384396

>six fucking sumo games

What nip made this
>>
I actually really like the newest madden pass/catch mechanics.

It still needs some fucking with sliders to not make the run game ass, but God damn is it fun to play a full season once you get mostly 'realistic' results.

I just wish it had a one and done season mode like the show does.
>>
>>321383609
forgot to add one of the burnout games, dunno which one is best but theres a good one in there
>>
>>321384542
Who cares about ufc or niggerball
>>
>>321384258
I thought it was a cool concept, but I think they could've tried to get a few more people in certain positions.

Still, it's fun having Andre Ware and Jerry Rice on the same team.
>>
>American "football"
Pretty embarrassing to see people actually enjoying that "sport" past the age of 5.
>>
>>321389473
The irony
>>
>>321373201
Dont forget the biggest fucking crime, madden graphics are ass. Holy shit you'd think a game that has no environment aside from one fucking field would have amazing details on players but godamn it looks like 2007 took a shit all over it.
>>
>>321389473
:^)
>>
>>321383609
>no NBA Sreeet
Do you even jam?
>>
>no mention of Sled Storm
>no mention of Cool Boarders
>no mention of 2xtreme and 3xtreme
>no mention of Madden 06/07 (dat fucking run game)
>no mention of Fight Night Round 2 (dat everything)
>no mention of NBA2K10 (even though 2K12,13 was better that fucking realistic as fuck MyPlayer mode with the Summer League and Training Camp and being sent down to the DLeague if you played like a faggot and how realistically selfish the players in the D-League were only playing for themselves trying to get called up to the NBA just like in real life)
>no mention of fucking NBA ON NBC (GOAT fucking arcade game)

You niggas disgust me.
>>
File: The GOAT Sports game.jpg (116 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
The GOAT Sports game.jpg
116 KB, 640x908
>>321373201
>Is ESPN NFL 2K5 the best sports game of all time?
No.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.