[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Importfags, how good is this and where do you rank it among other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: PS4_Ryu0_Cover_H1_141205c.jpg (3 MB, 1764x2219) Image search: [Google]
PS4_Ryu0_Cover_H1_141205c.jpg
3 MB, 1764x2219
Importfags, how good is this and where do you rank it among other mainline games?
>>
>>321369135
Are Zero and Isshin mainline or just spin-off? I just don't get it since these seems to be very related to the mainline games

Also Isshin and Zero in Vita worth it?
>>
>>321369614
Zero is mainline because it's numbered.

Kenzan, Isshin, Dead Souls, and Black Panther are spin-offs.
>>
>>321369135
>>321369614
It's amazing, the 60fps on the PS4 version make the combat way better along with the different styles, personally I'd put on the same level as 2

0 is prequel of the series also I don't think Ishin and Zero have vita versions, just apps to manage some things about the game
>>
>>321369895
>same level as 2
Oh, that's very nice to hear.

Since 0 was released just a year after Isshin which indicates a long development cycle, I'm kinda worried the playtime won't be as lengthy as the other games. Is that the case?
>>
>>321370201
>long

I meant to say short.
>>
>>321370201
It's pretty much as long as your average Yakuza, I didnt 100% the game but I sinked pretty much 60 or so hours in it
>>
>>321369135
Combats better than 5
Side story is weak as fuck for both characters.
Plot is okay.

Seriously fuck the side stories, and fuck them for putting Majima's secret style behind it, I don't really care enough about Kiryu's because it is just his old style, but Majima with an infinite durability knife and crazy dashes behind 10 hours of mindless grind.
>>
>>321371196
>>321371404
>60 hours
Great. Thanks anon, now I'm looking forward to the NA release next year.
>>
>>321371702
80 hours once you unlock super hang on from beating an arcade operator's high score at outrun over and over

God damn I love super hang on
>>
I honestly haven't finished it because I don't understand Japanese, but the combat is easily the best in the series.
>>
I want ishin
>>
Is zero worth getting ps4?
>>
>>321379930
Yes but wait for the NA release
>>
OH HEY A YAKUZA THREAD, GOOD I JUST NEEDED SOMEWHERE TO MENTION THAT SAIGOS TRAINING MISSIONS IN 5 ARE THE WORST THING IN THE WHOLE SERIES.

YES EVEN WORSE THAN GETTING CHASED AROUND BY GUYS WITH GUNS ON THE FIBAL PART OF 4s FINAL FIGHT
>>
>>321380821
>GETTING CHASED AROUND BY GUYS WITH GUNS ON THE FIBAL PART OF 4s FINAL FIGHT
I never had problems with 4 outside of jailbreak. What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>321380997
The crooked cop guys segment of the final fight. Getting shot whole playing as anyone without that bullet resist thing is horse shit
>>
>>321381193
But you have dodge, heat actions vs guns and shit. Tanimura can spend 80% of fight time in i-frames of his grabs. It always triggers me when people says they had problems with that fight. I played it on ex-hard with champion ring on and it was easy.
>>
Just wanted to say that I give up making undub completely. I better waste my time on sorting Yakuza 3 files for uncensor patch.
>>
>>321381419
Sorry to hear that, anon.
>>
>>321381656
I'm sorry that I couldn't make it. But it requires too much work since I have no idea how to edit script files in Y1 and will have to manually edit audio files. I hope Sega will bring Kiwami in the West.

I'm really excited about Yakuza 3 patch though. My friend agreed to make me a tool that will make editing text easier for translators.

Don't know if editing Y4 worth it , since only minor things got cut

Pardon me that I turn Yakuza thread in my blog again lol
>>
0/10 shit game get cuckd with your paperweight sonyponies
>>
>>321383154
I'd be very surprised to see Kiwami, to be honest, but a lot of people seem to think that Y0 will be SEGA's new 'entry point' for the West, since it's a prequel, and then the next logical step is Kiwami. I really doubt it, though, I think it'll be ignored just like the HD releases and ye olde ones.
>>
>>321383154
Wouldn't a translation of Kenzan and Ishin make more sense?
>>
>>321381419
>for uncensor patch
Literally nobody cares. This kyodai is absolutely right >>321383437
>>
One thing I really hated in Y3 translation though is how they changed Kazama to Fuma. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>321383437
Tools will work with all Yakuza games and I already work on importing translation to Kenzan
>>
>>321383501
I know that people were pissed over 3's censorship and would like to experience the hostesses, but ultimately, we care more about entire games whose story we never experienced.
>>
>>321369614
Ishin is not a mainline game, Zero kind of is.
I haven't played Zero yet, but Ishin may have dethroned 2 as my favorite.
>>
>>321383313
Maybe we'll "get" the original ones on ps4's new ps2 emulation thing, and then they'll pretend that's enough reason for us to not get Kiwami.
>>
Just to be clear. Translation patch for Kenzan is already in works. It just entered that stage when I have to manually sort 10k files filled with text. That's why I'm waiting for my friend to finish that tool and do other stuff like undub and an uncensor patch
>>
>>321384324
Rad. Many thanks, friend.
>>
>>321384324
What kind of change to a PS3 would this require?
>>
>>321384324
Fucking glorious, I sincerely hope they don't pull the mistake most fans do with projects like this

DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT IT, RELEASE IT THEN TALK ABOUT IT.
>>
You can download demo from Japanese PS Store. It's more responsive and smoother than 5.
>>
>>321384528
It will require CFW or anything that will allow playing pirated games. I don't know if it's possible to edit files on a not hacked ps3
>>
File: YAKUZA 5_1.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
YAKUZA 5_1.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>321384324
You are awesome.
>>
>>321384761
Dang. I hope more recent PS3s are able to be modded. Mine last played Yakuza 5.
>>
>>321371886
OH SHIT. Instant day 1 purchase.
>>
>>321384546
I certainly won't give sega a chance to stop me

>>321384930
I've heard cobra hack for ps3 allows playing game 'backups'.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.