[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Picked this game up on the winter sale, I'm on episode 9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: mgsv.jpg (129 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
mgsv.jpg
129 KB, 1000x563
Picked this game up on the winter sale, I'm on episode 9 already but I'm bored to death, should I even bother to keep playing? Does it get better later on? I would try to refund it but I already have like 6 hours played.
>>
>>321353206
Maybe MGSV isn't for you.

If you're not having fun why keep playing? Have you even played the last games?
>>
>>321353334
I bought the game, if I can't refund it I might aswell finish it.

>Have you even played the last games?
No, didn't see a reason to.
>>
No, MGSV is fucking shit.

The only people who like it are Asscreed loving Ubitoddlers who've never played another MGS game.

You fucked up.

Merry Xmas.
>>
>>321353605
Ok then that explains it.
>>
>>321353605

Well lucky for you, you don't have to because MGSV is completely irrelevant to everything with regards to its plot (if you can even call it that.)

But you should go play the others now, because it's a much better use of your time than this bland repetitive irrelevant bullshit.
>>
File: 1440967271353.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440967271353.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
Game doesn't pick up until you get to Africa. It's peak is around the end of Chapter 1 and the first half of Chapter 2.
>>
>>321353835
Yeah but now I'm not so sure, the only reason I boughtt he game was because people were saying it's a good stealth game. Stealth is my favorite genre, Thief II and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory are among my favorites games, so I can say with confidence that MGSV is not a stealth game, it's an action game with stealth elements at best. If the other games are anything like that I'd rather play something else.
>>
>>321354049
That's pretty much Metal Gear in a nutshell. Sorta like how Resident Evil isn't a horror game, but an action game with horror elements. IT WAS ALWAYS LIKE THAT.

You owe it to yourself to play Ghost Babel though. It's fucking amazing. Get the European rom though.
>>
>>321353605
>Bought it without playing all the other MGS games which are VITAL to get the full breadth of the story

You have no one to blame but yourself, retard.
>>
>>321354049

Yeah, MGSV is not a good game by any standards. Especially if you play shit like Thief and SC. MGSV has nothing for you.

The other ones are much better in every way, especially plot (there is one, and it's fucking ridiculous and good) and gameplay (there's actual stealth, where you actually have to sneak around. No built in wallhacks, no fulton balloons so you can't just get rid of all the enemies on the map, no slo mo reflex casual bullshit.)

Sorry, but everyone who told you MSGV was good is either lying or has incredibly shit taste.
>>
>>321354246
Stop being so fucking autistic, you're not forced to play the other games to understand the story, you could easily look up some wiki article and be up to it. And this is even more effective with video games, just like how you don't need to play the other GTA games to enjoy GTA V.
>>
>>321354246

>full breadth of the story

Story? MGSV?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh shit anon that's a hilarious joke.
>>
>>321353684
I've played every Metal Gear game, not just the Solids. V is tied with MGS1 as the best in the series. Get fucked, MGS2babby.
>>
File: image.png (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132 KB, 500x500
>>321354049
The earlier games are much more punishing for getting caught, especially both Metal Gears and the first 2 Metal Gear Solids. However, keep in mind that it'a arcade stealth. The rest of the series has a charm that Phantom Pain severely lacks. Even V's prologue, Ground Zeroes, has the charm. The gameplay in 3 and 4 is considered the best in stealth action on lower difficulties and pure stealth on the higher ones. Peace Walker is basically a monster hunter game with a Metal Gear skin on it.
>>
>>321354468
>V is tied with MGS1 as the best in the series

Shittiest opinion I've ever seen here, and while we're not joking ourselves it's a fact that MGS3 is the best one, even Kojima admits it.
>>
>>321354049
If you're playing it like a shooter you have no one but yourself to blame.

>>321354353
MGSV is far better than any Splinter Cell.
>>
File: Bait 003.jpg (1 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
Bait 003.jpg
1 KB, 100x100
>>321354632
>>
>>321354606
>shittiest opinion I've ever seen
>proceeds to type up an even shit-tier opinion
>>
>>321353206
Stick to COD
>>
>>321354468

>Nonsense plot
>Broken binocular tagging
>Broken fulton balloons
>Broken hold-ups
>QTEs
>Dumbed down CQC
>Literally two boss fights, one of them is total shit and one of them is The End for lobotomized troglodytes
>Wolbachia
>WHOOOOOO
>Cassette tapes
>F2P style resource and base building systems that literally try to extort you into buying insurance and make you wait hours to research shit

B-BEST IN THE SERIES GUYS!

No, YOU get fucked.
>>
WOLBACHIA
>>
>>321354881
What's wrong with the tapes? Besides the ones in PW being more varied and goofy.
>>
I knew the game was in trouble when you start Africa missions so soon into it. Thanks to the map that came with the game, I knew there wasn't a third game map. Holy Christ I don't think I've ever had such a massive disappointment before.
>>
>>321354965
COPULATION
>>
>>321355259

Nobody wants to fucking sit there and listen to tapes for 20 minutes at a time, and if you listen to them on the go guards talk over it and its hard to pay attention and shit.

Also, since they're tapes, and thus things that have already happened in the past, there's no sense of urgency or that anything is happening.

Short codec calls interspersed throughout the game are much better because they're less of a chore to slog through, and are actually relevant to what you're doing at that moment, and can move the plot along, as opposed to just some shit that happened a while ago that you don't give a fuck about most of the time.
>>
>>321355514
I thought the radio conversation would make up for it, but it was way underutilized. Just one of a list of reasons V didn't feel like an MGS game to me.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.