[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are the flash sales? Why is rocket league a highlighted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: steam sale rl.png (1 MB, 951x576) Image search: [Google]
steam sale rl.png
1 MB, 951x576
Where are the flash sales?
Why is rocket league a highlighted deal when it is the same price as it was yesterday?
>>
File: bane.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
bane.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>321348338
>>
>>321348338
>Where are the flash sales?
Flash sales don't work with their new refund policy.
>>
Everything is permanently on "flash/daily" sale now.

Just be glad, now you don't have to worry about missing out on a sale or only having a small time window to think about a purchase.
>>
>>321348661
why not?
>>
no more flash/daily sale, every game will be at its lowest price the entire sale
>>
>>321348759
Because you can refund a game if you bough it recently and it just went on sale
Which would mean people constantly refunding games
This is better anyways, it's great
No pressure
>>
>>321348667
>>321348772
>Everything is permanently on "flash/daily" sale now.
This is false.
Everything is just permanently on non-flash/daily sale.
Shit that was reaching -75 or even higher discounts during summer sale now is mostly -50%
Plenty of which has even worse discounts.

You're just fucking gullible retards thinking that this means everything has cheapest possible price when it couldn't be farther from the truth.
Don't even get me started on the fact a lot of games marked up their base price before the sale.
MGS5 was 49.99 euro base price before sale, now it's 59.99 euro with discount.
>>
>>32134875
Because they'd get a shit ton of refund requests from all the people who bought the game before it went on flash sale. It'd create a lot of unnecessary hassle for both Valve having to deal with all of the refunds, especially if people are refunding the money back into their bank.
>>
>>321348881

>MGS5 was 49.99 euro base price before sale, now it's 59.99 euro with discount.

This sort of thing happened with daily/flash sales as well, you humongous cum guzzler.
The current sale prices are similar to the daily/flash prices of past sales.

>Shit that was reaching -75 or even higher discounts during summer sale now is mostly -50%

Give examples, most games by far are the same discount.
>>
>>321348881
>MGS5 was 49.99 euro base price before sale, now it's 59.99 euro with discount.
Sucks for you, it's legit 50% off in tacoland
>>
>>321349218
stop being such a retarded little steam defender you fucking drone
>>
>>321349540
>50% off
It's fucking 33% off here.
Great, so not only do we get fucking shafted by increased base price but we also get lower discount.
Fuck Volvo and fuck Konami
>>
>>321349218
>>321348881

I looked it up for you, you retard.
These are some of the current top sellers on steam, look at the price history.
They are actually CHEAPER than during the flash/daily deals during the summer sale.

https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/292030/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt
https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/261640/borderlands-the-pre-sequel
https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/346110/ark-survival-evolved
https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/239140/dying-light
https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/291650/pillars-of-eternity

>>321349743
>durr i don't like facts

Spend less time being a mongoloid.
>>
>>321348876
you're whats wrong with vidya in general
>>
>>321349827
Only the second post is me, good job projecting so fucking hard you confused someone else as me.
You may now fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>321348876
>No pressure

Holy fuck, you gigantic pussy.
>>
>>321350060
I linked the first post,which was mine, because it was a follow up reply.
Good job showing your lack of coherent thought.
Nothing else left to say after i shat in your mouth and on your post with my examples?
>>
>>321349827
>DELIBERATELY CHERRYPICKING GAMES THAT CAME OUT SHORTLY BEFORE SUMMER SALE THAT NATURALLY HAD LOWER DISCOUNT THAN THEY DO NOW
>NOT POSTING COMPARISONS OF GAMES THAT ARE ~1-2+ YEARS OLD
KILL YOURSELF YOU NIGGER SHILL
I HOPE GAYBEN SHITS IN YOUR MOUTH EVERY MORNING, NOON AND EVENING TILL THE REST OF YOUR DAYS
>>
XCOM EW is never going to be anything remotely reasonable, it's always been the same price as EU, despite being DLC and a years-old game by now. I can guaran-fucking-tee that it's payback for making EU a free game during the Golden Joysticks, and we're paying the price. Like fuck, the price was raised just a day before the summer sale, only to reduce back to the normal price when the actual summer sale started
>>
>>321350235
Lol, you subhuman.
I took games that came out this year who should have big price swings to show you that the prices are indeed dropping. And as shown on that website, they did.
If you look at older AAA games like XCOM, Dishonored, Bioshock, Skyrim, you can see that they are all the same price as well/slightly dropped.
So the stupid fucking "prices are higher" bullshit makes no sense.

Why are you such a stupid fucking mongoloid?
Why aren't you actually checking the prices before spouting your retarded statements?
>>
>>321350428
>I still haven't posted any sources that aren't carefully cherrypicked because I am a literal fucking Goy sucking that Gayben lard filled cock and will shill for this jewish corporation no matter what
>*SLURP* *SLURP* *SLURP*
SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF GAYBEN'S COCK IN YOUR MOUTH
>>
Is the Grimrock bundle worth $5?
>>
>>321350631
nice meme :^)
You can look on the site that i gave you, there's your proof.
If you can find plenty of examples that counteract what i said, you would have shown them by now.
But you know you are wrong, so you resort to weak baiting.
Which means i win.
>>
File: 1449355858640.jpg (51 KB, 434x500) Image search: [Google]
1449355858640.jpg
51 KB, 434x500
should i buy?

xcom eu
re4
ms flight sim X
spec ops: the line
red orchestra 41-45
rising storm red orchestra 2
alpha protocol
day of defeat: source
divinity OS

>rainbow 6 siege is already on sale kek
>>
who cares?

Flash sales were unnecessary
>>
>>321350154
on steam you dumbass, jesus christ are you literally retarded?
>>
File: 1449784978110.png (1 MB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
1449784978110.png
1 MB, 1050x1050
>>321348881
>Don't even get me started on the fact a lot of games marked up their base price before the sale.
But that's illegal
>>
File: wintersale_2015.png (322 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
wintersale_2015.png
322 KB, 660x350
>>321350154
Week long Steam sales are dead.

There's no longer a reason to check back every day. No more special prices. Only "regular" sales.
>>
>>321350773
Sure fucking is, Grimrock games are great although I'd say Might & Magic X is miles better than Grimrock 1 and arguably also better than Grimrock 2

>>321350829
>xcom eu
Was literally gree on Golden Jewstick awards, why didn't you get it then?
Anyhow unless you plan to also get Enemy Within, then no.

RE4 is good.

Flight Sim X is solid but relies too heavily on DLC and is barebones by itself.

Spec Ops is what I'd describe as a "meme" game. It's a painfuly mediocre and generic gears of war clone cover shooter that tries to hide its shitty gameplay behind "artsy" story as an excuse.

RO1 is dead, literally. RO2/RS or bust but RO2/RS is casualized compared to RO1.

Alpha Protocol is fucking sweet but rough around the edges. Make sure to pick Recruit for starting agent history/background, gives you a ton of extra dialogues.
Pick Veteran for next playthroughs for a different set of extra dialogues.
Ignore all the "Basic" backgrounds since they have literally no plot relevance or extra dialogues.

DoD:S is decent but personally I'd pick between this or RO2. Get RO2 if you want something more realistic (but still far cry from simulator) or DoDS if you want something more arcade and on smaller maps. Still more complex than CoD tho.

Divinity OS EE is fucking amazing, the best fucking CRPG this year by a large margin.
>inb4 someone says b-but W3
W3 is an ARPG, not CRPG.
>>
>>321348876
But you can refund a game if you bought it recently anyway. I don't understand.
>>
>>321351462

>comparing DOD:S to RO2

Jesus man, please. DOD:S is 1/3 the game CS:GO is, set in WW2. They could have done so much more but it was a fancy tech demo to get more HL1 modders warmed up to modding HL2.
>>
How is Satellite Reign, it looks pretty decent.
>>
>>321348338
steam doesn't do flash sales anymore.
>>
>>321351479
The point is not to prevent people from refuding.
The point is to make sure there isn't a flood of refunds from people who say bought Game X on Day 1 of sale but then saw that Game X appeared with greater discount on Day 3's Flash Sale and so everyone who bought it on Day 1 would hammer the refund system so they could re-buy it cheaper.

>>321351619
What the fuck are you on about? It's DoD 1.3 but on Source engine, with more content and bigger install base, more content and more custom maps.
It's a fucking class based arcade game, what the fuck is your problem you piece of shit?
Also CS:GO is fucking garbage but I bet you also think TF2 and Dota 2 are great you fucking pleb.
I'll give you that TF2 was good before they raped it with items though, and guess what, it was the same thing DoDS is, a class team based game with multiple game modes.

Seriously fuck you.
>>
>>321351619
DOD:S is fun though, CS:GO is just for wanna be progamers
>>
>all these people talking about eu
I don't get it, there is a pack with EU+EW for the same price as just EU. What are you guys even talking about?
>>
>>321348338
There are no flash sales anymore. How have people not figured this out yet? Valve even announced this shit before the sale started. The days of great Steam sales are over. Honestly, the only people who haven't already bought the majority of the games they wanted in previous years, are little kids who just joined Steam. You missed out. Deal with it. You'll have to buy the latest meme games at bad prices.
>>
>>321351827
>The point is to make sure there isn't a flood of...
But that's one of the things you're allowed to do, refund for a cheaper deal if it's within the time frame.
>>
>>321348881
devs/pubs set the prices
steam used to ask them for a general sale price and a flash price, now they just ask for a general sale price
it's up to whoever makes the game to decide individually for themselves whether they're going to cut more or less during the sale
>>
>>321351893
We're talking how people that ALREADY have EU (but not EW) are fucking shafted and forced to buy the MORE EXPENSIVE standalone EW because they want to punish people that got EU free from Golden Jewsticks.
If you already have EU the system won't let you buy the bundle saying you already own it and thus force you to get the standalone EW DLC.
>>
>>321351827
>refunds from people who say bought Game X on Day 1 of sale but then saw that Game X appeared with greater discount on Day 3's Flash Sale

That was literally one of the main selling points of the refund system
>>
>>321351976
>>321352069
I'm talking about Valve's logic behind this.
They wanted to save themselves work since the refund system ain't automated and to make sure they wouldn't get so many refund requests they simply cut out the potentially biggest source of incoming refunds.
>>
>>321351973
>bad prices
>prices have only dropped over time
The longer you wait, the cheaper your games get, anon.

I don't understand how someone could be so poor they can't afford games to play during every waking moment - you can easily afford that shit on min. wage.
>>
Thinking of picking up RE5 to play with my brother but I'm hearing nothing but horror stories about the transition from GFWL to Steamworks. Is it really that bad of a transition or are people just overreacting? I don't give a shit about the overpriced DLC, I just want to run through the main campaign.
>>
>>321348876
>this is better
>average discounts of 30-50%
>up until now average discounts were always 66-75%
you might have down syndrome
>>
>>321352195
That's still reaching really fucking far though.
It's not taking into account things like their actual work capacity, and assumes that flash sales would be the biggest source of refunds when you could use that same logic and say that ANY sale at all would be a massive source of refunds
>>
>>321352425
Dude, its the same reason we don't have time deals and everything is at its lowest discount from the onset of the sale.

Valve is saving themselves the trouble of dealing with that shit.
>>
>>321352379

>can now refund shit games you're not sure you want
>no longer stuck with shit bought on impulse because of time limits

Maybe now we won't get a gorillion fucking BUYER'S REMORSE LOOK AT THIS STUPID SHIT I BOUGHT DURING A FLASH SALE threads. inb4 principles, the only people getting fucked are children who don't have credit cards or paypal to buy their own games.
>>
>>321352623
>Dude, its the same reason we don't have time deals and everything is at its lowest discount

Valkyria Chronicles, very disappointingly to me, isn't.
>>
>>321352709
>too stupid to actually decide what you want to buy
>can't control yourself
yep, downs m8.

the sale is garbage. 66% discount is the bare minimum i'll accept. if it doesn't hit that and it's a game that's more than like 5 quid, it's not getting bought period.

if the choice is between having to check steam for 30 seconds once every 8 hours, or having to get half of the discount we're used to, i'll take the fucking former without hesitation.
>>
>>321352957
>i'll take the fucking former without hesitation.

sorry you don't have any sort of life or anything to do whatsoever. normal people, even slightly normal ones, prefer this way.
>>
I bought complete civ 5 and pillars. How did I do?
>>
>>321353083
civ5 is fun if you have friends, otherwise i like civ4 better

dunno about pillars. obsidian was only really good because of chris avellone imo and i don't think he worked on that game much if at all
>>
>>321353068
>i can't check my phone for 30 seconds once per 8 hours
even when i worked in a place we weren't allowed our fucking phones i still managed it on breaks. you have some serious problems champ
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.