[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifelong PC gamer, but for some reason this gen I prefer consoles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 15
I think about this often. Gamers, at least on enthusiast sites like here at /v/, are so obsessed with technical aspects like framerate and resolution. As a PC gamer, it feels like it has almost totally consumed my gaming life, i.e. trying to achieve that locked 60fps with even frame times. Its starting to wear on me.

Back when I was younger, I didn't give a crap about fps or any of that. I just played the games. I went back and googled what framerate some of my favorite games of all time ran at.

Ocarina of Time apparently ran mostly in the low 20s. I didn't realize or care.

Even growing up primarily a PC gamer, I used to just turn settings up and play. As long as it was playable, I didn't care. No fps counters, no 3rd party monitoring programs.

Nowadays, it feels like fps and resolution have totally taken over the gaming space, and the quality of the game often times is secondary. I'm guilty of it as much as anyone. I've upgraded the GPU in my current i5 gaming pc, built in 2011, twice already (6950 to 670 to 970).

For some reason with the 970 upgrade, I sort of regret it. It has cannibalized my Xbox One and PS4 purchases, but for some reason I couldn't resist doing it. I feel obligated to buy multiplats on PC. I miss out of the ecosystem of both consoles, especially XBL. Some of my fondest gaming memories were on the 360, gaming with friends.

For the record, I'm 32 with a 3 year old and another on the way, so maybe that factors into my change of heart. All of my friends are on consoles now as adults, and I'm gaming by myself on PC, seemingly keeping the dream alive. However for some reason, I'm just not feeling it lately.
>>
>>321346448
Go where you heart belongs, pal
>>
>>321346448
Lol fag

Here's your reply
>>
>>321346448
Nice blog.
>>
File: 1437047334206.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437047334206.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
Your heart knows that Consoles are superior. PC gaming is just a meme bro. I personally get bored when I play on a PC so I stopped.

>tfw getting a PS4 soon

The lineup is insane.
>>
>Ocarina of Time apparently ran mostly in the low 20s. I didn't realize or care.

I definitely could tell games that ran like shit but I didn't understand the technical side of it.

Now I do and can appreciate why games that ran like shit seemed like they ran like shit and not have to suffer through that as a kid anymore

feels good man
>>
>>321346448
What's the point of playing on PC if you're by yourself? The best part of gaming is doing it with your friends, the only reason I'm into PC gaming is because all my friends are. Either convince your friends to get into PC gaming or join them. There's no point playing by yourself just for 60 FPS and Ultra settings
>>
File: 1450975418575.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1237) Image search: [Google]
1450975418575.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1237
It's more than your heart pal. The PS4 is a beast of a system.
>>
>>321346448
>For some reason with the 970 upgrade
>970
You were a retard from the beginning.

>>321346965
>literally a gorillion weeb games
Just the kind of thing a 30-something with children needs
>>
>>321347776
>le Japanese games are bad meme
Mature games for mature gamers such as myself right
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161524

Come on senpai.
>>
>>321346448
You cut and pasted this from NeoGaf because you're a fucking faggot. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1396881406157.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1396881406157.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>Back when I was younger, I didn't give a crap about fps or any of that. I just played the games. I went back and googled what framerate some of my favorite games of all time ran at.
>Ocarina of Time apparently ran mostly in the low 20s. I didn't realize or care.

And SMB ran at 60fps. It's the CURRENT YEAR FFS, this argument will always be garbage.
>>
gaming is gaming, it's not supposed to be unenjoyable experience.

, when that happens i dont know how you could ever come back to console gaming though, you will be thinking about the frames and detail all the time wouldn't you? =/
>>
File: 1449708689754.jpg (4 MB, 4916x4339) Image search: [Google]
1449708689754.jpg
4 MB, 4916x4339
>>321347776
Here's a simplified list.

Funny though, most of those weeb games are more engaging and require more thought and effort than most foreground market games.
>>
I'm just posting in this thread to bring up the fact that this is a b8 post.
Not here to be like "hurr durr PC master race you're an idiot dis is b8 consoles suck" or "yeye consoles FTW :DDDD" just saying that I know this is b8, and anyone who encourages OP or insults him is an idiot for falling for it.
>>
>>321346448
I grew up with an NES in the house. It blew me away, as it honestly should have. I quickly ended up getting console after console, and I personally believe the SNES to be the best console ever.

With that said, I've had a PC in my house for the majority of my life and I've learned to love PC gaming. I grew up playing UT99 and Quake 3 Arena. I played Warcraft 3, Brood War, all these exciting, complex games that you just couldn't get on consoles. Of course I loved all sorts of console exclusives back then - There were so many greats that I could list off but I think you get my point as it is.

Today though? I have a Wii U. I got it for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I got Splatoon and played it for a week, enjoyed the odd game here or there, but there really isn't much. I still see no point in owning a PS4 or XBone, and my Wii U is actually packed in a box right now.

I just can't stand playing on consoles anymore. I love listening to high fidelity music on my computer while I game. I love talking to my buddies with the highest available audio codec which persists in between games. I love watching videos while waiting for games to load. I love having the choice for my input device depending on my game. I love turning on podcasts and just playing comfy games.

Booting up a console, in my opinion, is tedious. I have to plug it in and set it up. I have to find my games, put them in. I have to go through random system updates, I have to isolate myself from the freedom and multitasking that I'm used to. I have to deal with poor graphics, poor framerates, poor resolutions, poor audio, extremely long loading screens. Just bad quality in general. I remember when Bloodborne came out and I was at my buddies place, watching the 2 minute loading screens. I felt like a barbarian who hasn't left the stone age.

>>321349253
I won't insult people who prefer consoles, nor do I hold any sort of judgement. I just think it's an interesting topic to discuss.
>>
File: shinji.jpg (16 KB, 200x178) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
16 KB, 200x178
He's copying a Neogaf thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161524

OP is screwing with all of you.
>>
>>321346448
Probably because the size of games is just getting to be a hassle and the expense for the high end GPUs is kind of crazy, while these asshole GPU companies are refusing to put out more budget versions of say the 900 series, and devs aren't optimizing anyway so a ton of that power is wasted.
>>
>>321346448
Yep. This is why consoles are inherently more fun than pc. It's all about the games and having fun, not being am overcompensating autist always worried about upgrading and running at 60fps or whatever. Pcucks don't so much play games as they run benchmarks. also on pcuck gaming you're sitting at a fucking desk like youre at work rather than just chilling back on the couch with your homies over fuck that shit. Pc gaming is for losers that don't know how to really have fun glad you've seen the light bro p.
>>
>>321346878
No, the best part of PC Gaming is isolating yourself from the shitstain casuals
>>
>>321351389
You say that, but how come every time I play a PC online game I have to deal with BRs or Russians shitting up the entire game?
>>
File: 1434598441089.jpg (148 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1434598441089.jpg
148 KB, 1111x597
>>321351076
Don't ruin it, let the Sonyggers circle jerk each other.
>>
File: Actually also on PC.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Actually also on PC.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>321346448
>PCuck being cucked by his own PC

This is a new low hahaha THE MADMAN! LOOK AT HIM

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE~
>>
>>321348035
>>321348041
>>321351076
reverse bait to weed out the neogaffers, stay there.
>>
File: WeebShit.jpg (1 MB, 2502x1290) Image search: [Google]
WeebShit.jpg
1 MB, 2502x1290
>>321347776
>every jap game is a weeb-trash moe-pandering game
Oh, must be you again
>>
>>321352032
No
I post anywhere and everywhere relevant to m interests.
>>
I'll defend PC gaming all my life, but this gen I'm hybrid. I'm finding my computer environment to be pretty uncomfortable for videogames, and I have a $300 Boss-style chair. If I move my PC to the TV in my living room, then I can finally ignore everything else, and play all day long with no interruptions and without getting tired. But that's just not a thing I can do all the time.
I think this gen has a lot of potential as a living room PC. Sure, you get shitty looking games like Witcher 3 on PS4 at 30fps, but then you get things like Batman and and MGSV that look and run very well.
>>
>>321346838
Which games are you the most interested in anon? I'm thinking of picking up a PS4 as well.
>>
>>321346838
Nah.
PC gaming is no different than console gaming, except you have more control over the game and it has the possibility of being more buggy. Some exclusives on consoles but that's it. I use a PS3 controller for some games on PC so its even closer.
>>
File: SonyPonie.jpg (847 KB, 782x4598) Image search: [Google]
SonyPonie.jpg
847 KB, 782x4598
>>321352634
Not him, but might as well list mine. For the PS4 here are the games I'll be 100% sure to get:
-Persona5
-Nier: Automata
-FF15
-FF7R (probably 2017 release)
-OdinSphere remake
-Aegis Rim: 13 Sentinels
-Star Ocean 5
-Tales of Berseria
-Valkyria revolution
-Horizon
-The Last Guardian
-DarkSouls3
-DeusEx

High probability of buying:
-Exist Archive
-Ikenie to yuki no setsuna

Maybe (need a second look):
-Gravity rush 2
-The Witch and the Hundred Knight
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Wild
-Nioh
-Yakuza 0
-GrandKingdom
-Digimon Cybersluts
-SwordArtOnline (if I somehow still want more Jrpgs)
-NoMansSky

I give my prayers for:
-DeepDown not kill
-DragonsDogmaOnline on the west

I want a few more games for PC also, but that's my PS4 list. I'll also get PSVR but I don't yet know exactly how hyped I am for each individual game, I'm going in blind pretty much

Also, pic related is a somehow outdated list that is missing some games and translation info, but might still help you out
>>
>>321353260
You know FFXV, VII:Remake, and Valkyria Revolution are highly likely to come to PC, Tales of Berseria is confirmed for coming to PC, and that Nier Automata has the possibility of coming to PC, right anon? Just making sure.
>>
>>321353474
It's funny that even when previous games in the series come to PC, pubs still c'uck PC gamers and don't announce it to PC and either never bring it to PC or they do a shoddy port months or years later.

It's sorts like how it was in the PS2 days. PS2 got all the best games, and although Xbox had better performance for multiplats, it often received late ports or none at all.
>>
>>321346448
(You)
>>
>>321353739
Berseria (and also God Eater 2)hasn't even come to the US and already was announced for it, so at the very least Bamco seems to be ready to just outright admit ports. I'm sure Square and SEGA will come around eventually. The waiting and shoddy ports suck, but I don't mind. Better than not at all.

And yeah, the PS2 was great, but its not like the Xbox wasn't worth having. Blinx is cool.
>>
File: 420.jpg (49 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
49 KB, 576x576
>>321353474
What's with PCucks and rapant speculation or shitposting about the fact that games are multiplat. Somehow I'm prohibited from getting them on the PS4. I'm surprised you didn't point out the 4 or 5 games I listed that are also on the Vita/PS3, and thus invalidade the reason of getting them on the PS4.

Did you ever see 360/PS3 players going on to Dragon'sDogma PC port hype threads and being passive/aggressive about it? No, they mostly wish them luck&fun while providing newbie-friendly info.

>FFXV, VII:Remake
Both of them will not see a PC release within at least 1 year.
FF7R was only confirmed to be timed "exclusive" on the PS4, no indication it'll be on PC, you are just projecting your best-case scenario. Very probably it'll be on the Xbone after 6 months, and that's it. FF games don't have the habit of getting on PC ASAP. If it gets to PC it'll be well over 1 year later

Same thing for FF15, It's a console-only release like Destiny or any other mainline FF game. The last one, FF13, took 4 years to get on PC. Sure you can say that technicaly all games ever will be on PC somedays, even if only via emulation, but it's kinda shitpost-y to pretend like it's a close PS4/Xbone/PC release.

>Nier Automata has the possibility of coming to PC
Just like Drakengard3, or Nier. Both of which aren't on PC yet. This is another FF15 case, it MIGHT be on PC years and years later. Taro was under pressure in an interview "no plans" means no plans, not "timely PC port confirmed"
>>
>>321354234
Anon, calm down. I'm not shitposting. And I understand that you might prefer to get them on PS4 and that's cool and perfectly fine. Its just that you seperated PC and PS4, saying "These are the PS4 games I'm getting" and seperating that from "I am getting some PC games too", so I figured you didn't know or realize. Its cool if you're getting them on PS4 if you'd prefer. I didn't mention the others cause' I didn't know if you had a PS3 and/or Vita. Relax.
And nah, I don't mean emulation.
>Just like Drakengard 3 and Nier
Those aren't in the same situation though. It was stated in an interview and on the Playstation blog that they may come to other platforms later, and that PS4 was the only one confirmed for now.

Please, relax. I'm not here to shitpost or talk down to consoles.
>>
>>321354750
*that Nier Automata may come to
Did not mean to say "they"
>>
File: Fels.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
Fels.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1064
>>321354750
>Anon, calm down. I'm not shitposting
Sorry, it's just a constant barrage of that type of behavior on /v/.

>and seperating that from "I am getting some PC games too"
Well he was asking for PS4 games so I didn't see the point. But I'm getting the Dragon'sDogma port, XCOM2 and Overwatch on PC, as well as keep playing DLoL2

> It was stated in an interview and on the Playstation blog that they may come to other platforms later
Why can't the same be said for other Taro games though? The Nier and Valkyria speculation is still too far off. When devs want to port on a timely manner (weeks later, not years) they often say so, like in Darksouls3 and Berseria's cases, you now know they'll get simultaneous releases because the devs/publisher stated it directly.
When a jap dev says "not planned for now" I feel he's being genuine, and we all know how much time they take just for translations, 6months to an year, much more on ports to other platforms

I just feel like it's a bit scummy to get a random anon's hopes up for a 2016 release of FF7R, FF15, Valkyria, Nier Automata, etc, get him to upgrade his PC instead of buying a PS4 and then not see those games for years. when he could be playing them on release day guaranteed if he got a PS4.

I think that line of logic (in Valkyria's case at least) is the same as me saying "XCOM2 is coming to PS4 anyway, why buy it on PC?" just because XCOM1 got a console release. Even though devs said it won't anytime soon.
>>
>>321355836
>as well as keep playing DLoL2

somehow spoilers didn't work
>>
File: help.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>321356014
and they still didn't. I think I'm just going to kill myself now. merry Xmas
>>
File: 1428344278818.gif (263 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
1428344278818.gif
263 KB, 756x1100
>>321346448
>>
>>321355836
>I just feel like it's a bit scummy to get a random anon's hopes up for a 2016 release of FF7R, FF15, Valkyria, Nier Automata, etc, get him to upgrade his PC instead of buying a PS4 and then not see those games for years. when he could be playing them on release day guaranteed if he got a PS4.
True enough. I guess you're right on that. I shouldn't be so quick to jump on a possibility and should just let anon have his fun based on what we KNOW is happening.
>>
>>321352140

hol up senpai

why does the game in the third from the right middle look like that school teacher from Battle Royale?
>>
>>321353739
Well yeah, those are all games from jap devs. Dirty japs can't into PC gaming, that's just a constant of the universe
>>
File: =D.gif (2 MB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
=D.gif
2 MB, 400x323
>>321357123
>school teacher from Battle Royale turned into an Yakuza

It's only appropriate, anon
>>
>>321346965
i wouldn't be bragging about most of those, but kudos for not including the naughty dog remasters at least
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.