[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT buyers remorse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: imgres.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
So I just bought pic related, worst fucking controller I've used. Triggers feel like shit, no blue tooth support, can't charge it so you have to use batteries, feels like a piece of play skool plastic. Right "analog" stick is so fucking hyper sensitive I feel like I'm tripping balls, the XYAB buttons are so small and grouped together I feel like a giant, the D-Pad makes the stupidest fucking noises ever whenever you use it and is almost the size of the bottom of a coke can. Who the fuck came up with this piece of shit? How does it pass quality control? Why didn't anyone tell Gabe this thing sucked to his face?
>>
>>321346216
>Who the fuck came up with this piece of shit? How does it pass quality control? Why didn't anyone tell Gabe this thing sucked to his face?
82% of Steam reviewers like it. Valve is doing something right.
>>
>>321346384
Have you used it? please tell me what I'm doing wrong. This feel's like babby's first controller or something.
>>
>>321346607
I haven't used it myself, but I hear the customization and gyro aren't nearly appreciated and advertised as much as they should be.
>>
>>321346832
the gyro is lacking a magnetometer and drifts like a bitch, even after configuring.

the customization is nice but the community profile feature is a mess

the touchpads are really meh. i feel like if you used a trackball before you would not like the touchpads very much.

if you just want to use it as a regular controller, the abxy buttons feel really shitty to use.

it really isn't good at anything other than maybe as an htpc controller when you're super fucking lazy because it has nice on screen keyboard. maybe when somebody develops third party driver for it then you can stop using retarded big picture mode to configure it then it will be a nice htpc controller

i'll stick to my wireless trackball and keyboard instead. it's more comfy and less limiting and more precise and just better in every imaginable way.
>>
>>321346216
>Triggers feel like shit
Why do you think that? I think they're fairly decent, with a nice amount of travel and resistance. The configurable click function with the very reliable haptic feedback is very nice and useful as well.
>blue tooth support
If that's a deal-breaker for you, then okay. I personally don't mind.
>can't charge it so you have to use batteries
It takes a special kind of retard to list this as a negative. Just swap them out with another pair of batteries and continue playing. Charge the other ones afterward. This is a feature.
>feels like a piece of play skool plastic
Light and sturdy. The touch pads feel a tad too light, though. Overall, It's pretty solidly built. I don't see your problem
>Right "analog" stick is so fucking hyper sensitive I feel like I'm tripping balls
PEBKAC
>the XYAB buttons are so small and grouped together I feel like a giant
>so small I feel like a giant
Switch your meds, man.
I share the feeling that the face buttons are pretty far off the thumb's resting position. It's rather easy to adapt to, though.
>the D-Pad makes the stupidest fucking noises ever whenever you use it and is almost the size of the bottom of a coke can
Games that require a decent D-pad are impossible to play on the Steam Controller. Sad, but true.
>Who the fuck came up with this piece of shit? How does it pass quality control?
It does what it was was made and advertised for very well: Bring classic PC gameplay to the couch. There's a whole list of games/generes that were pretty much impossible to play in the living room, including:
- (classic) RPGs
- Point&Click
- RTS/4X/Tycoon games
- Space sims
- MMORPGs
On top of that, it offers an incredible amount of precision in FPS games, although there is a learning curve

The Steam controller offers a ridiculous amount of customization options. I was able to create a *very* comfortable profile for X3-Albion Prelude, squeezing in almost every relevant keyboard shortcut.
>>
>>321349038
>>can't charge it so you have to use batteries
>It takes a special kind of retard to list this as a negative. Just swap them out with another pair of batteries and continue playing. Charge the other ones afterward. This is a feature.

I haven't had a problem with the batteries in the DS4 and Wii U controller. Only the Wii U has almost died on me while playing MH3U for 10+ hours in a row, otherwise I just plug them in whenever I stop. It's a hassle to find out it's dead and then scrounge around for batteries.
>>Right "analog" stick is so fucking hyper sensitive I feel like I'm tripping balls
>PEBKAC

Have you used the right analog in a game like dark souls?

I can press all of the XYAB buttons with my thumb. Granted, I'm 6'4, but still that is a bit ridiculous.

like I said though, maybe I'm retarded and there's a way to make this work well with something like DS2, and if there is please tell me. Only reason I fucking bought this thing is because win10 and my DS4 controller decided to hate each other.
>>
>>321349038
oh and the only way to configure/use this I've found so far is to use big picture? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
File: 1450882298841.png (148 KB, 440x283) Image search: [Google]
1450882298841.png
148 KB, 440x283
I wanted a steam controller to replace my x360 one as my main controller and to be able to play with my sister.
Is this a safe bet ?
>>
>>321350343
Try before you buy. Don't blindly do it like I did.
>>
>>321350082
I don't get this as well. I dislike the fact that it's bound to steam at all. I have found that there's some bug that keeps some kind of basic mouse input working, even without steam running. In everyday use, though, it is required to have steam running at all. That's nonsense. The existence of that bug proves that there is no technical requirement to have steam running, so we're looking at deliberate access control here.

For those interested, the bug has only ever occurred to be after hibernating the PC with the controller still being paired. I would try hibernating and then cold booting to see if it occurs.

When it does, the Steam Controller's right pad will act as a trackball with low/medium traction and full haptic feedback, the left and right triggers also work as right/left click.

I hope they will open up this thing to more general PC use soon. It's an amazing tool when you have a powerful mini-itx gaming PC in your living room and don't want to deal with a wireless m+kb
>>
>>321346216
>can't charge it so you have to use batteries
use rechargeable batteries, connect controller via usb - play while recharging
>>
>>321350914
To elaborate: The reason the bug has such a significance to me is that it actually allowed me to switch windows user accounts. There is no possible way that steam can be running on the logon screen (after logging out the resumed session) and the controller still worked. It would be so much more convenient if thedevice could act as a rudimentary HID when steam is not running.
>>
I bought a Xbox One Controller with a Wire.

How fucked am I then?
>>
>>321352931
Also the controller is for PC games, because I don't want to rely on wrappers for DualShock (Sony, support XInput you fucks) and don't want to run into problems when drivers won''t work, might as well get a controller native to its system.
>>
File: P1070239.0.jpg (735 KB, 3347x2238) Image search: [Google]
P1070239.0.jpg
735 KB, 3347x2238
Should I get an Xbox Elite controller?? Gonna mostly use it for pc games and emulation so I want a pad that works and feels well for both modern games and old 16 bit titles.
>>
>>321353371
Go for it anon.
>>
>>321353032
I agree with you on XInput with DualShock controllers. Sony would of have won in the PC Market considering the middle part could be used as a mouse very easily.
>>
>Bump
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.