[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELLDIVERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: helldivers futurama.png (1 MB, 900x662) Image search: [Google]
helldivers futurama.png
1 MB, 900x662
anyone else playing this?

my steam is favelour, add me and lets conquer the bug planet once and for all
>>
>>321345120
no one?
>>
>>321345120
I'm playing this. Almost had heart attack
>>
>>321345120
This game looks cool, what is it?
>>
>>321346450
basically magicka with guns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRl70-F9o6I

I could stream some for you if you want, its pretty cool.

>>321346267
what's your steam?
>>
>>321346450
It's a co-op top-down shooter from devs of Magicka. Pretty hard. Basically, you and your friends are super soldiers who drop on some alien planet on pods. Then you can call in reinforcements ("resurrect" your buddies), airstrikes, vehicles, weapons, and other shit.

Fun as hell, especially if you have friends and you can coordinate by voice. Also hard as hell.

Just finished a difficulty 10 planet with random people, ask me anything.
>>
>>321346684
>what's your steam?
M8, my hands are shaking. I need to go to sleep. We almost won difficulty 12 today. I can't take it anymore.
>>
>>321346902
ok so we can play another time, but add me

I need more bros to play with
>>
should i buy the game + dlc bundles straight up?

Is there a leveling/upgrade system? If so, does buying these dlc packs ruin the early game balance?
>>
>>321346815
which race?
>>
>>321347074
Cyborgs. Tanks on tanks shooting tanks.
>>
File: 1435881698418.jpg (34 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
1435881698418.jpg
34 KB, 640x638
Played it for like 30 hours. Fun while it lasted, but it gets old quick. The game is not very challenging, even on helldive.

Except the bug boss. Fuck that guy.
>>
im getting on, steamid is youdrongo
>>
>>321347059
I'd argue that yes, some of them ruin early game pretty hard, especially vehicle pack.

I'd suggest you to buy the game with all DLC, but use advanced stuff from DLCs only when you get a hang on it.
>>
>>321347059
you unlock weapons and stratagems (airstrikes, power up weapons, vehicles, etc) by completing planets and ranking up. You collect samples on enemy planets that give you research points you can spend to upgrade your shit.

Buy the digital deluxe edition but focus on the basic stuff first.
>>
>>321347059
id say get the base game then get the dlcs on sale or even before if you like the base game that much. it adds about twice the amount of content, but its all unlocked immediately so it adds that temptation to kinda coast your way through the early progression
>>
What's the best anti-tank weapon? Most of my groups were kind of struggling with heavy stuff, and airstrikes need a shitton of time to recharge.
>>
>>321347549
2 guys with recoilless rifles reloading eachother
>>
>>321347549
The one-shot rocket launchers work well on tanks. Upgrade it to drop 2 of them at a time.

Or get a RR team going.
>>
is the pirated version worth playing? or the multiplayer is the only thing that makes the game fun?
>>
>>321347770
>or the multiplayer is the only thing that makes the game fun?
This. I had a shitton of fun with random people. If you have friends ;_; it will be twice as good. Solo is really shitty.
>>
Wonder if War 3 is ever going to happen.
>>
>helldivers doesnt go on sale
>remake doesnt go on sale

Fuck this.
>>
File: 1433808798551.gif (412 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
1433808798551.gif
412 KB, 283x283
>maybe this will be a good game to try with my friends for chrimbus
>visit store page
>DLC out the ass
fuck you
>>
>>321347770
Multiplayer works on the pirated version but you can only play with other pirates. The playerbase was quite small around launch so I stopped playing. I'll get it from a sale once the devs stop being jews.
>>
>>321345120
Helldivers on PS4's release:
>Everyone playan
>Everyone trying their best to get into the first bosses for the first time
>Everyone using cheesy builds, some of which became popular
>Massive ammounts of couch co-op'an

Helldivers on PC release:
>XXXXXXXX(OP) n-no one?
>Memes and referential images 100% unrelated to the game
>Everything was found out already, you can look up the wiki for the best way to do X in Y environment/race, weapon tiers, or how to defeat 12 difficulty missions early on
>no mystery whatsoever,
>99 out of 100 steam users will never ever play this on couch co-op, just inferior online co-op chatting with a skype group

welp, have fun regardless. Merry Xmas
>>
>see someone mention dlc
>check store page out of curiosity
>14 dlc packs

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>321347549
hands down the bomb kit. 2 C4's kill anything, no reloading, no need to aim/miss, lots of ammo
>>
wait so the DLC is literally pay2win? what the fuck, why do they do this, I don't want to spend more than the base price but I don't want to be gimped either.
>>
>>321349521
game came out almost a year ago on PSN, its not launch dlc
>>
>>321350454
>wait so the DLC is literally pay2win
not really, most of the base stuff is superior

the only real advantage you get from DLC is the UAV which can reveal samples and has no base game equivalent
>>
>>321350454
Eh, you'll be fine without DLCs. They have nice stuff, but you can min-max a good build with base game pretty easily.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.