[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's an open world game >Walk across the map and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
>It's an open world game
>Walk across the map and talk to this person
>Now walk back and tell this person what that person told you
>Do this back and forth for 40 hours until you beat the game
>Oh, and how could we forget!?
>We have some useless points of interest scattered around, appreciate the innovation you fucking pleb
>>
The game didn't get praised for its innovation.
>>
>>321342895
Seriously, the game when it came out didn't really give me a strong impression, but when I finally got to play it few weeks back with the latest patches and HoS...

I mean... The dlc, man.. How the fuck could they make something so perfect
>>
>>321342895
Do you even know what you want from an open world game?
>>
>>321343821
I don't want one period.
They're never done right and are only praised by underages because DER SO BIG!

The only games that have done open world right are Stalker and Dark Souls.
>>
>>321342895
epic
>>
This is what modern gaming has come to. Open world is ALWAYS considered a good thing. ALWAYS.

And you stupid fucks can't complain, because YOU ALL bitched about linearity. YOU ALL asked for this, BEGGED for it. So enjoy it.
>>
>>321342895
which graphics mods should I get?
is there a way to make bear armour look like the concept art, including fur?
>>
>>321342895
>enemies level artifically inflated to give a sense of progression
>a level 6 nekker looks exactly like level 30 one
>quen trivializes everything even on deathmarch
>bamham combat
>>
>>321342895
GTA is truly the worst thing that ever happened to gaming.
>>
>>321344228
Not since they removed all fur tech.
You can add a cloak but it clips through everything, even more than the base cutscenes. Seriously, everything, even the default armor will clip into each other, and anything with a collar clips through Geralts face.
>>
>>321344049
>Open world is ALWAYS considered a good thing. ALWAYS.

This is so true and sad at the same time. The franchises I loved were destroyed after they were touched by this notion.
>>
>>321343968
If you don't like open world games, then why do you play them? I am confused.
>>
You know, it's interesting to see what kind of people come on 4chan. One wonders: do people of lower intellect and higher ignorance frequent this place because the lack of responsibility and abundance of anarchy give power to every single thing they post regardless of how much they often miss the point of whatever it is they are (usually hating) on?
>>
>>321344465
Fucking EVERYTHING is an open world game now, there's no stopping it.
Why do you think I'm upset because of that? This game had no need to be open world.
And even if it did, it could have been done a hundred times better.

>>321344564
That's the most fedora post I've read all night, Merry Christmas fucknuts.
>>
>>321344415
>>321344049
Open world is not always considered a good thing, I don't know where you get this from. If you are pissed at trending game styles then you don't understand how business works.

Also, TW3 is a very good example of an open world done right. You deactivate the minimap and most of the HUD, and just roam the roads, you always bump into something interesting. And when you want to just do quests, then you have among the best written quests you could find.

Yes the game was downgraded and is far from perfect, but what is with the unending bitching? Grow the fuck up.

Little hint: Left 4 dead and the zombie games/movies invasion.
>>
I hope that you get used to this, since all the major AAA games this year were open world, and they sold great. So get ready, because there's more coming.
>>
File: 1448767960614.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
1448767960614.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>its a "moron cant handle being left to his own devices in an open world" thread
>>
>>321344676
Just proving my point. Why not spend your time talking about/playing games you do understand and like instead of those you obviously have a bias against?
>>
File: laughing at post.jpg (123 KB, 678x447) Image search: [Google]
laughing at post.jpg
123 KB, 678x447
>>321343968

Dark Souls, Open World
>>
File: 1446975272644.jpg (6 KB, 150x225) Image search: [Google]
1446975272644.jpg
6 KB, 150x225
The worst thing was that literally all points of interest on the map were either just a single fucking treasure chest guarded by a shitty mob, or read this note, use witcher senses, find treasure garbage.

I can't believe people eat this lazy fucking open world right the fuck up. The only places of interest in the world that actually were of fucking interest were some of the places you got the witcher gear from, but even for that there were some places where it was literally just a single fucking building in the middle of nowhere with a griffin roaming around.

Even Fallout games do a better job at open world. Fuck Witcher 3, and fuck you if you praise it's "fantastic" open world, fucker.
>>
File: lovable.jpg (508 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lovable.jpg
508 KB, 1920x1080
>>321343968
Dark Souls isn't open world. The areas themselves are just well designed levels with clear boundaries, and the only "open world" aspect of the game is that you have somewhat limited choice to which level you want to enter at what time. It's more like Castlevania in that regard senpai.
>>
>all these corridor shooter CoD babbys
>>
File: 1447636397649.jpg (56 KB, 403x391) Image search: [Google]
1447636397649.jpg
56 KB, 403x391
>bethdrones, soulsdrones, underdrones and weebs are STILL anally anguished Witcher 3 won GOTY

This never gets old.
>>
>>321346274
>he doesn't use the Oxford comma

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>321343968
>They're never done right and are only praised by underages because DER SO BIG!
Gothic 1 and 2
They're great because they're not too big and aren't filled with thousands of useless shit
>>
>>321345321
>he was autistic enough to chase down question marks
It took me about 3 to realise that they are copy-pasted content. I did the main quest and some major side quests and found the game enjoyable and it still took many hours to complete. You're literally complaining about content you don't have to do and using it to dismiss any other benefits of an open world.
>>
File: 1450249972535.png (363 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
1450249972535.png
363 KB, 638x479
>>321346535
>using anything from Oxford

Enjoy your footnotes you fucking subhuman.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.