[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone played through this? Looking for some thoughts on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: rebelgalaxy.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rebelgalaxy.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
Has anyone played through this? Looking for some thoughts on the game. Too many elite memesters on steam to care about their reviews.
>>
>>321324083
Mostly want good (exciting, at least a bit strategic) combat and a nice story.
>>
Anyone? Why does no one want to talk about this game? Is it bad? Does it have SJW stuff?
>>
>>321324083
no clue, heard it's good
>>
>>321325039

It's ok. Basically it's Ass Creed black flag but with spaceships and spaceships only. Asthetic and ost are great at making you feel like you are in a space western.

It is however grindy as fuck.
>>
>>321325829
I don't usually mind grindy...though I can get tired of it if that's all I do. Space western is what I wanted, guess I'll check it out thanks.
>>
>>321326272

It pretty much is, you grind generic missions to earn cash to get better higher grade equipment of stuff you already own so you can survive the storyline missions. It feels like MMO advancement where the only difference is the size of the numbers.
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00002.jpg (137 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00002.jpg
137 KB, 1360x768
>>321325829
The OST is complete fucking garbage, though thankfully it's easily replaced with your own music.

Also not grindy at all as long as you use your brain.
>>
Aethestics are nice.
Music is pretty fucking amazing.
Gameplay is very simple and repetetive.
One thing that annoyed me was that everything was on the same height level, almost as if you where a ship at sea instead of in space.
>>
>>321326805
>The OST is complete fucking garbage
It was great, you just have shit taste.
>>
>>321324083
Its a space game that doesn't even let you move in 3 dimensions. It is naval combat in space. You are either OK with that or it ruins the game, for me that ruined it but if you can get over that it seems like an alright game.
>>
>>321327146
"Trucker" music clashes with everything else in the game and detracts from the experience, especially the shit with lyrics.

I would have dropped it if it didn't support custom music.
>>
>>321326805
>The OST is complete fucking garbage
Get the fuck out
>>
>>321326529

This

but also the scaling is shit

> buy rating 5 shield
> become invincible

the fact that there are zero new playable ships available outside the first two sectors doesn't help progression either
>>
>>321327726
Shut up hillbilly. I live in the South and despise country music.

Game became much better once I added some Ninja Slayer, Blood Dragon, and Danganronpa music.
>>
>>321324083
>2d space
i'd like to like this game, but, 2d space? rly?
>>
>>321327936

It's even worse if you prefer small fast ships over destroyers.

I had the Icarus from the first system to fucking endgame because my only possible upgrade was the Barracuda that is ugly as sin or the Merc frigate that is still slower.
>>
>>321328206
Hmm, haven't purchased my cart yet. Don't like the fact that the game is flat. Seems like a fun game but not really what I'm looking for.
>>
>>321328206
It does it's best to hide this by making the all the levels slightly diagonal so all the points of interest are at different heights but yeah it's something that really starts annnoying you after a while.
>>
>>321328072
> Ninja Slayer music

good taste
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.