[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The first 3 Tomb Raider games are in the humble bundle right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: tr1-low-res-screenshot.jpg (532 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
tr1-low-res-screenshot.jpg
532 KB, 800x534
The first 3 Tomb Raider games are in the humble bundle right now. Having never played a Tomb Raider game before, do these still hold up? Is it worth spending a buck to play them?

Also Tomb Raider thread
>>
Depends how old you are. Supposedly Anniversary is good for the youngins who want a classic Tomb Raider. But that's a bit more pricy.
>>
>>321318698
If Anniversary that much better? It's only $1.34 but there's no need to buy it if the original is just as good.
>>
>>321318385
Unplayable shit
>>
>>321318385
the controls, glitches, and choppy graphics will kill your nostalgia boner in about 5 minutes
>>
>>321318385
Awful controls, unlikable bitch of a protagonist, and horrendous graphics.
Classic Tomb Raider was never good
>>
>>321318385
>Having never played a Tomb Raider game before, do these still hold up?
No. They were never that good, either, with a really clunky control scheme.
>>
>>321318385
But, seriously, it's a dollar. If you're intrigued, buy it and find out yourself.

They were always inexplicably popular, far beyond the actual quality of the games, which were clunky and frustrating.
>>
>>321320740
How funny, in a way. Tomb Raider, back in the day, was hailed for its tight and precise controls..
>>
>>321320046
>>321320740
>>321321140
>>321321151
Damn. Well I played a demo for Tomb Raider Legends on a demo disc for ps2 probably almost 10 years ago and I remember it seeming fun. Are there any Tomb Raider games that are highly recommended?
>>
>>321321296
It was from a dark era of platformers with irritating pixel-perfect jumps.
>>
>>321318385

Hold up? They were never even remotely good to begin with. People just praise them because they were 8 and had their first boners over Lara.
>>
>>321321392
Anniversary is on the same engine as Legends, if you want more of the classic Tomb Raider feel then go with Anniversary
>>
>>321318385
The controls are awful.

The rest is ok.

TR 1 has a remake. Play that instead.
>>
>>321321504
Ehhh, there were other reasons. It's easy to forget about it now, but Tomb Raider was one of the first fully 3D games back in an era when 3D games were still a novelty.
>>
The first Tomb Raider is an incredibly important game that still holds up really well. I recently replayed it on my Saturn and had a great time with it. Everyone who trash talks in this thread simply needs to get good.
>>
>>321321504
It was the first real 3D action adventure series.
>>
>>321322189
>Everyone who trash talks in this thread simply needs to get good.
Its people who were not born when TR1 was released.
>>
>>321318385
Yes their better than the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQRr3pXxsGo
>>
>>321322189
I tried playing it in something like 2000 and it was really clunky mechanically then, especially after shit like MGS.
>>
I just played through the entire collection.
I just used my controller for the games up to AoD, the rest is better with keyboard and mouse.
They were just as good as I remember them, but I also played the games as they were released, so it could just be due to nostalgia.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.