[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rate my list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: plsdontbecruel.png (255 KB, 613x1075) Image search: [Google]
plsdontbecruel.png
255 KB, 613x1075
I've never played any of this games /v/ enlighten me on which ones should and shouldn't I get
>>
don'tgettacticsfortheloveofgod/10
>>
>>321316243
Buy none since digital is trash. If your going to fuck yourself in the ass at least get the option that gives you a condom for easier clean up. GOG
>>
NONE OF THE ABOVE
O
N
E
>>
If you havent played dragonfall you really shouldnt get hong kong and should get dragonfall instead, its much better

If you have played dragonfall just know that hong kong is MUCH more text heavy, annoyingly so. Tons of pointless characters and the combat is completley broken
>>
>>321316243
none
really
>>
Don't bother with Hotline Miami 2, it's garbage compared to the first one
Don't bother with The Bureau, it's shit
Hatred is a shitty shooter that isn't even as edgy as the marketing made it out to be, get Renegade Ops if you want a competent isometric shooter
Avoid Tactics unless you've already played the first two Fallouts and really liked the combat, since that's all Tactics has
Get the complete edition of LA Noire, since the DLC cases are almost entirely better than the base game cases

Otherwise, it's fine.
>>
>>321316983
Thanks for that! Its a joke list but I actually wanted to get into the shadowrun series
>>
Is it worth it, /v/?
Never played it before.
>>
>>321316243
Hotline Miami m8
>>
>>321317196
DO IT, if you like turn based combat that will kick your ass, just do it
>>
>Master Spy
I 'unno.
>Hotline Miami 2
Pretty good, I personally prefer the original though.
>The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Haven't played, but I thought the common consensus was it was kinda meh.
>Hatred
Shitposting aside, the game is pretty average, verging on bad.
>Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Haven't played, but I heard it was the best iteration of the modern take on the series.
>Postal 2
Fun FPS with the edgy humor it's famous for. Actually a pretty good game.
>FEZ
Fun tricks, but shitposters can't differentiate art from artist, so flame it to hell.
>Fallout Tactics
Can't say, it's hit or miss.
>Hotline Miami
Absolutely wonderful. I love this game.
>Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Pretty cool Milsim, played it for a bit when it launched. Didn't keep my interest too long though.
>LA Noire
The story's really all it has going for it, honestly. One of Rockstar's weaker titles.
>Shadow Warrior
Hope you like Wang. Pretty good shooter.
>Talos Principle
11/10 game.
>>
>>321317291
How is the re playability?
I am not a big fan of buying single player games.
>>
>>321317572
you could just download the long war mod and have a great time
>>
>>321317089
Not sure what your dumbass is going on about, hotline miami 2 was dank. Most people who knock on hlm2 are just salty because theres actually a legitimate story line, and its no longer just mindless killing for no reason, its mindless killing for a reason. Theres less masks, but far more characters who all play differently and they add tons of variation in gameplay compared to hlm1.

And LA Noire was grade A fucking trash, its insanely linear and it doesnt matter how good you or how bad you fuck up, everything always plays out exactly the same. A story driven game about being a detective with no branching story line or consequences for anything you do it boring as shit, especially because theres litterally nothing to do outside of the main story. No side missions or anything, and the big open world the game takes place in is completey fucking pointless because theres nothing in itn you can do or interact with, and its only purpose it serves is to have something for the player to chase after bad guys in during car chases.

Shittaste/10 anon
>>
>>321318663

>Most people who knock on hlm2 are just salty because theres actually a legitimate story line, and its no longer just mindless killing for no reason, its mindless killing for a reason

No, I'm salty because Dennaton forgot how to design levels and then waited 9 whole months to release a beta version of a feature that was promised in the initial release. As for the story and characters, it's all meaningless wank that interferes with the story by removing player choice on masks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.