[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Star Wars Republic Commando worth playing? It's like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Is Star Wars Republic Commando worth playing? It's like 2 dollars on Steam.
>>
Its pretty much one of the only things ever spawned by the Star Wars franchise that isn't pure shit. Its worth playing a full price, let alone at a discount.
>>
>>321305879
yes
>>
File: sheev.jpg (37 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
37 KB, 500x480
It looks pretty decent, but is there anything it can be compared to so I have a vague idea?
>>
Yes.
Vode an.
>>
Its perfectly mediocre. People get excited because its not shit but its still a linear fps. I'm most reminded of Tau: Fire Warrior, which isn't a good thing.

By all means try it but I gave up out of boredom after a couple hours and haven't touched it since.
>>
File: _MG_1730.jpg (20 KB, 335x503) Image search: [Google]
_MG_1730.jpg
20 KB, 335x503
>>321306260

Does the on line still work?
>>
>>321306341

No idea anon, like I said I haven't touched it since I bought it the last time steam had a star wars special
>>
>>321305879
Yes

>>321306341
not by itself, but you can find lobbies through gameranger
>>
File: 1396646004981.png (505 KB, 602x594) Image search: [Google]
1396646004981.png
505 KB, 602x594
>Buy a bunch of SW games because they're cheap and I wanna be a Jedi
>Look up mods
>see all these mods for BF2 and Jedi Academy
>mfw
>>
>>321306341
Servers went down last year i think
>>
>>321306184
Definately one of my favorite fps games b3cause it utilizes the setting very well. I would say it feels more like Halo, but map design like CoD style linear corridors.
That's not to call it bad, but the gunplay is simple yet satisfying, rewarding good strategic plays of operating with a squad of well-defined characters in some enjoyable settings. You have a variety of weapons and grenade types to use, and the fact that you're working as a squad means that you can be revived if you die due to your own incompetence (this game has a case where you AI companions outlast you most of the time), so it's fairly forgiving in that aspect.
Act 2 > Act 1 > Act 3
>>
>>321306005
The shit you talking about? That movie-game from the third movie was great and so was Jedi Academy and Outcast.
>>
You couldn't save Sev
>>
I didn't enjoy the game as much as it gets praised here because I found the gameplay the be very repetitive and the weapons to be not very enjoyable to use.
Still, it had a lot of qualities so it's definitely worth paying at least bucks for.
>>
>>321305879
It's definetely at the top of the list of my favorite SW games along with Force Commander and Empire at War. But there's something about stormtroopers and clones that just appeals to me.
>>
It reminded me a lot of Halo 1 so get it if you enjoyed that. If not, there's no reason to pass it up for that price
>>
File: 1446036657283.gif (433 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1446036657283.gif
433 KB, 384x288
>>321306771
>>
File: StarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg (27 KB, 256x307) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg
27 KB, 256x307
Nothing will ever beat battlefront 2
>>
>>321305879
Tried to play it and its broken on modern OS. I finally got it working and the difficulty was totally broken too. I picked the hardest difficulty but if I stood directly in front of an enemy lasers would come out of their barrels at a 90° angle to miss me and I would take one hit every 20 misses and it took me over a minute of standing still in front of an enemy to finally die.
>>
>>321306687
Ahh. Good memories.
>>
>>321307805
I think I am literally the only person alive who liked 1 more than 2. Heroes and space battles were cool, but I liked the feeling of weapons and vehicles more in 1. That said, 2 is still fantastic.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.