[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EA: No Plans to Bring TFA content to SWBF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
File: dtNg1ch.png (35 KB, 520x190) Image search: [Google]
dtNg1ch.png
35 KB, 520x190
Just wait until Battlefront "2", only $60+$50pass :^)
>>
Well, there goes the last 10% chance of me buying it
>>
So Jakku was the only thing from TFA that got added? I figured this game was rushed to be released in time to cash in on the hype leading up to TFA's release, so only adding one new planet from the film seems crazy to me. I'd be pretty disappointed if I'd bought this game.
>>
Why would you expect them to add in new models to this lazy game?
>>
>EA
>Spending any more time and money than is absolutely needed

I've never had buyers remorse but this shit gives it to me hard time.
>>
>>321298363
>focusing on the original trilogy
>ignores the whole point of the AT-Ats on hoth was because the fucking shield generators would not let tie fighters near it
yeah great focus
>>
>>321298363
>for this release
why are poeple allowed?
>>
>>321298363
>Original trilogy
>No Jango
>No Dooku
>No Grevious
>No Maul
>No Windu
>No Qui-Gon
>No Battle Droids
>No Clones

Well fuck
>>
>>321298363
Why would they add something that isn't canon?
>>
SHADOWTROOPERS ARE NONCANON
>>
>No Dexter Jettster DLC
>>
>>321298363
I thought they said that TFA stuff was going to be added after the movie released.

So they're going back on their word? What am I saying, this is EA we're talking about.
>>
only the first three movies don't suck

>hey guys, we're going to focus on these films for the game

>lol, why am I not being buried in an avalanche of free content for my star warps game gaiz?
>>
>>321300598
There's one map that has a battle whose aftereffects are shown in TFA. I know it's misleading, but I don't think they ever said you'd be playing content that took place in the timespan of the new films.
>>
>>321300698
spoken like a true jEAw
>>
>>321300435
What other OT hero units could they possibly add, then?

Fucking Jabba?
>>
>>321300698
>Battlefront 1 & 2 include both the PT & OT
>EA Battlefront can't include both the OT & TFA despite coinciding with its release

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>321300789
Yoda
Chewy
Obi Wan
Random bounty hunter seen with Boba Fett
Corpse of Aunt Beru
Lando "Colt 45 Works Everytime" Calrissian
>>
>>321300598
they do not want to make new costumes, they were probably already mad they could not use the hoth outfits on all the maps
>>
>>321299537
this

seems weird to me that they're passing up an opportunity like this
>>
Just saying, there wasn't alot of NEW content in TFA anyways. The only things they could add is the heroes/villains.

They need to get on adding in prequel content.
>>
>No Prequel or Sequel content

Wow i feel for anyone who wasted $50 on the season pass

What more can they add from the OT anyway? Yavin 4 & Cloud City?
>>
>>321300967
And flamethrowers and spinny baton Stormtrooper.
>>
>>321300789
Chewbacca
Lando Calrissian
IG-88
Bossk
Yoda
Wedge Antilles
>>
File: 1398732222473.jpg (62 KB, 417x384) Image search: [Google]
1398732222473.jpg
62 KB, 417x384
>No cloud city map
>No Dagobah
>No Death Star
>No Jabba's Palace

"focusing on the original trilogy" my ass
>>
>>321301075
Fuck Wedge, I'd rather have Porkins
>>
What is the fucking point of releasing this so close to TFA when you aren't going to put anything from TFA into this game? EA is such garbage.
>>
>>321300929
>you will never play as IG-88 or Porkins
Fuck EA
>>
If you bought the new Battlefront you are part of the cancer enabling EA bullshit. Fuck yourselves.
>>
>>321300967
Starkiller Base
Takodana
Hosnian Prime
Cpt. Phasma
Kylo Ren
Finn
Rey
Poe Dameron

Easily enough content for a DLC
>>
>>321301060
Alternate melee weapons existed in Clone Wars cartoon already and other Star Wars stuff. Flamethrowers as well.
>>321301334
Maps, big fucking deal. The prequels offers a ton more than that. Just look at BF1 and 2.

>fucking Phasma
Maybe as a joke villain
>>
With 20+ years of star wars gaming to buils from this is basically insulting players and fans of the films alike.
>>
>>321301415
boba fett did literally nothing too but it didn't stop them from making him considerably op in the game
>>
will the real bf3 ever get leaked?
>>
>Disney spends 5 trillion dollars marketing TFA
>EA only puts out a single Star Wars game to co-incide with it. And it has almost nothing from the movie.
what the fuck. EA could have made like 5 mediocre movie games and not even worried about the marketing since Disney is already fucking spending oodles and oodles on it.
>>
>>321300967
Badass storm trooper equipment for one.
>>
File: kylo9.jpg (169 KB, 1062x821) Image search: [Google]
kylo9.jpg
169 KB, 1062x821
>Game's based on OG trilogy
>b-b-but no SW7!!!
It's fascinating how mentally challenged this board can be
>>
>>321301415
At least Phasma did more than getting offed by a blind Solo.
>>
>>321301735
>add baton card in order to actually stand a dicks chance at your moms house against heroes

I hate this game so much, and I hate that I bought it and contributed to the ongoing wave of shit.
>>
>>321301839
>Game is released by a big budget studio who bought the game rights to make sure they were the only ones to make a Star Wars game in the short time before the new film is released
>Base it on the OT

They are lazy, moneygrabbing bastards. Why are you defending them?
>>
>>321301848
You're right, instead of doing nothing, she betrayed the entire first order at first sign of danger and is almost solely responsible for the destruction of the Star Killer base. At least Boba did something good for the empire.
>>
>>321301839
>Games based on OT
>Still has Jakku and shield bubbles
>still has sheevspin
>no dagohbah, cloud city, Death Star, mos eisley
>no tauntauns on hoth

shit game
>>
>>321301839
You're right, they'll be in Battlefront 2016 as DLC. $59.99 for base game and $79.99 DLC that includes Kylo Ren, Old Han, Rey and Finn. Old Luke is an extra $10.
>>
>>321302045
Boba practically got in Vaders face when he was about to freeze Han. Dude gave absolutely no fucks.

Phasma buckled at gunpoint and sacrificed an entire planet of her comrades.
>>
>>321301848
TR-8R did more than Phasma for the empire.
>>
>>321302090
this, they couldn't even bother with the details like tauntauns or Luke on Hoth having snow armor

it's an obvious and lazy cashgrab
>>
File: 1443890042475.png (152 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
1443890042475.png
152 KB, 600x503
>will never include characters and scenes from the Christmas special

FUCK YOU EA YOU FUCKS YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME
>>
>>321301848
nah, boba helped capture leia, chewie and han, phasma literally fucked the entire first order over because a gun was pointed at her
>>
>>321302218
Or Leia on Tatooine wearing, at the very least, her bounty hunter gear. Instead she's wearing her fucking hoth jacket.
>>
>>321301334
a single player/coop mission with han and chewie escaping from rathrats and those mercenaries that I don't remember the name could work too
>>
>>321300069
Wait, you actually bought this game?
>>
>>321301194
DLC
L
C
>>
>>321302437

Does the game even have single player missions?

Also,

>it'll be at least a year before we get a Rey model to rip
>>
>>321302452

I bought it. No regrets.

I fucking hated the prequel trilogy when it released. Didn't feel like Star Wars then, still doesn't today. I could care less with it being omitted from the game.

Only people who like the prequel trilogy's are those who forced themselves to love it because it was Star Wars or kids who grew up with seeing it when they were really, really young.

I miss the days watching the OT on LaserDisc with my dad.
>>
>There are people on this very board at this very moment that not only actually bought Battlefront, but expected EA to put any real effort into the game outside of the bare minimum

The absolute madmen. The foolish, stupid, fucking idiotic madmen.
>>
>>321302770
Just 4 different 'horde' modes all using the same maps and some tutorials.

The tutorials are actually more fun than the game
>>
>>321298363
>Going to add more heroes and villains

So exactly is left? Heroes will probably be Lando and I guess Chewie. As for villains, there is literally no one left but Jabba. And how the fuck would he work in a game like this?
>>
>>321302889
The ONLY THING I like about the prequel trilogy is the battle droids, but that's mostly because I'm just a fan of robots in general. I miss playing as them in Battlefront.
>>
No matter how much i dislike the prequels i'll always give them they're fucking prime videogame material
>>
reminder there's no exit vehicle button in this game
>>
File: swx39_ghost_plastic_right.png (664 KB, 700x819) Image search: [Google]
swx39_ghost_plastic_right.png
664 KB, 700x819
Rebels content would make a neat pack, and not have to remake all the content for a different time period like all the people begging for prequel stuff. Lothal as a map. Kanen and Sabine as heroes. Kallus and Inquisitor as villains. EA seems to have a hard enough time satisfying original trilogy fans though.

I'm so glad the exclusive deal for the /tg/ side of this worked as well as it did. Only the vidya side of star wars got fucked over.
>>
>>321303752
Yeah there is, on consoles you hit square/X

Problem is that in fighters, you actually have to hold it down for several seconds before it works. By that time you may as well get shot down
>>
>>321301415
>Maps, big fucking deal
I'm sorry, do you not realise what game we're talking about?

Maps (and a few Heroes, like I listed) are all you're getting for DLC, whether it's PT or TFA or OT.
>>
>>321301334
>no TR-8R
>>
>There are people on /v/ that actually bought EAfront

Tragic.
>>
They would have to make new models for everything in bother Force Awakens and Prequels. Shockingly, EA/DICE is lazy.
>>
>>321301060
Having TR-8R in game would be ridiculously OP, anon.
>>
>>321298363

Why would you want them to put content in the game that would remove every pilotable vehicle besides bog standard Tie Fighters, X-wings, and the Millennium Falcon?
>>
>>321304592
What vehicles are pilotable besides those?

AT-ST is the only one missing
>>
>>321300238
That was Echo Base anon. The base in battlefront is different

I'm serious, that's their reasoning
>>
I knew they would save Prequels to BF2

Everyone wants the Clone Wars shit, the OT is honestly shit tier for vidya in comparison, i think this is one of the reasons BF is so boring

But i didn't know they would be so jewish to not include TFA, Kylo Ren would be fun
>>
>>321304451
The photogrammetry they use would be hard with the prequels since so much was CGI, but they have 0 excuse for TFA, they just want to save it for the sequel
>>
>>321304786

Snowspeeders, A-Wings, TIE Interceptors, the Slave I, and Speeder Bikes I guess.
>>
>>321304898
Wow! The amount of bullshit they are trying to peddle is astounding.
>>
>>321302045
This. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. This was worse than Rei-sue beating Ren.
>>
>>321305372
Good, they all fuck with balance anyway. Especially A-wings. I'm not sure if speeders matter much though since they only pop up on one level and nobody uses them
>>
>>321298363
This kind of shit is exactly why I'll never get a season pass. It's always a rip off. The game's scant launch content could have been retroactively justified if they'd added a bunch of TFA-era stuff. Frankly it would have been fascinating. But this? This is really it? Not worth my time, and sure as hell not worth my money.

Go to hell, EA. I hope Disney revokes your contract.
>>
>>321298363
EA's a bunch of shitfucks, and you guys asked for this when you just allowed Disney to make an exclusive deal with EA for all Star Wars vidya for the next decade, with barely a whimper of a thread in response. A little internet activism at that time might have saved us from this hell.
>>
>>321306780
>A little internet activism at that time might have saved us from this hell.

Are you implying there's a single thing you can do to stop Disney from doing anything? They made that deal because they know, no matter how much internet bitching there could have been, that it is the most profitable deal.
>>
>>321306780
"When you allowed..."

Shit anon, I forgot I was a Disney Exec.
Boy are they going to be mad I haven't turned up for work in over a year ;)
>>
the gameplay is so bad, cod 4 on ps3 is so much better than this shite
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.