[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played Chrono Trigger before, looking to play it now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg (118 KB, 700x640) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg
118 KB, 700x640
Never played Chrono Trigger before, looking to play it now.

What's the best version, /v/?
>>
DS
>>
>>321297552
Any specific reasons?
>>
>>321297579
I think it has some kind of bonus content, new cutscenes, and its portable. So if you have a DS/3DS, get that version
>>
>>321297579

It's the best version if you have a DS and 20 dollars to spare. If you're on a PC, just get the emulator. Its fast and basically perfect (I know because i'm playing through it right now)
>>
>>321297459
crono dies
but then lives
everyone is vegeta
>>
File: 1450110237288.jpg (262 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450110237288.jpg
262 KB, 600x450
>>321297763
Really, I can only blame myself.
>>
>>321297459
>turn-based battles happen on field map
Really ahead of its time
>>
>>321297579
All the PSX version's extras like anime cutscenes, retranslated/better script, bonus dungeons (though they're pretty shit), more connection to Cross.
>>
>>321297915
He didn't spoil shit.
>>
>>321297459
DS, do the arena shit, get the item that stops you from gaining levels, beat the game, CT is so easily broken by overleveling or experimenting with teams, at least replay the game by doing the low level run
>>
>>321297915
>implying anyone could spoil the plot of chrono trigger/cross in 1 sentence

nothing that you could say would will make sense for a first time player

and crono dying isn't s spoiler, it's a minor inconvenience halfway through the game
>>
>>321302472

Could you go further? How does this work? What arena?
>>
If you have a DS then the DS version.

If you dont have a DS the snes version.

Just watch the cut scenes of the PS1 version on YouTube.
Ds emulation while good is nowhere near as good as snes emulation.

The snes version will look better on a larger screen whit filters enabled.
And will run on accident toasters.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.