[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it take 47 turns to kill a boss in this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 800x450
Why does it take 47 turns to kill a boss in this game?
>>
Sounds normal compared to other JRPGs tbqh.
>>
All japanese RPG are just numbergames. If you can't kill it, go grind mobs for two hours and go back to one-shoot it. It is so lifeless design because the asians have no soul. They are like insects with two legs.
>>
>>321297090
So you've never played a jrpg?
>>
>>321297389
You're describing a typical shitty JRPG. Most all JRPGs that ate heralded as being great allow you to overcome level differences with variances in strategy or approach to a fight, and don't necessitate grinding.
>>
REIN COLDSTEEL
>>
>>321297389
Jesus Christ, I hate seeing people being this retarded.

There are barely any JRPGs that need grinding.
God damn you people are fucking idiots.
>>
>>321296016
I'm not really good with turn-based rpgs. What's an ideal range of turns a boss should take?
>>
>>321296016
I regret playing on Hard. I'm still early, and got to th point where the principal asks me to re-investigate the old schoolhouse and I got into a TUTORIAL battle, the one where they teach you about Links, and the mobs where hitting me for more than half my max HP with their regular attacks. What the fuck. I don't mind having hard bosses, the Gargoyle was hard and I loved it, but christ. Random battles on Hard are a fucking chore. I'm thinking about restarting the game on Normal.
>>
>>321297920
It's really hard to say
In real time, unless it's a superboss, 10 minutes is about absolute maximum time needed for a boss battle in a good jrpg
>>
>>321296016
Does it work on pstv?
>>
>>321297948
Even on normal mode the random monsters will chunk you for a good portion of your hp with normal attacks

I seriously feel bad for anyone playing this on hard mode or above
>>
>>321298480
Yes
>>
mine finally got delivered goddamn
>>
>>321298776
Why? They asked for it by choosing to play on hard.
>>
>>321296016
>3 levels below enemy
>5 dmg
>3 levels above enemy
>1HKO

Every weeb RPG ever.
>>
I'm getting raped so hard by RNG in this second boss battle

Took me 14 minutes to get his hp low and the faggot gets a full HP recovery on his next turn

Who the fuck thought this was fair?
>>
>>321297880
go eat your ramen chingchong
>>
>>321297090
In suikoden 2 most bosses can be beaten in less than ten.

I'm playing through it now and beat that Vampire's 5 headed demon in like 4.
>>
>>321299421
Play better JRPGs m8
>>
>>321299607
Croatia here
>>
Started playing the Undub, it's actually not too bad. How is the dub anyway?
>>
>>321296016
Zero arts because zero people bought the game
>>
>>321300859
where is this undub?
>>
>>321297880
>don't grind
>win in 50 turns
>do grind
>win in 25

grinding is optimal play
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.