[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you mod, I had a point to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: s.jpg (298 KB, 773x1033) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
298 KB, 773x1033
>>321294050
Random (as far as we can tell) mutation changed the genetic make up.

Mutation can happen for many reasons, most mutations result in death. Play the odds long enough, and one is useful, but almost always the mutations are so minor as they might not be noticed as a mutation.

Mutations could be a slight change in color, a slightly different ratio of enzyme production during digestion, hair-life microfollicles where there was bare skin OR bald skin where there was hair, and many more minor things. Major mutations can happen, but are so rare that I can't really think of a natural one. Did see a fish with a wickedly deformed fin that looked like a hand, it was in a legit toxic wastedump of a lake. I don't think it could move it like a hand though.

IF a mutation is useful, that animal gets to bust its nut longer and make more babbies, those babbies. 1000 generation later, maybe a new helpful mutation shows up and that new mutant fucks all da bitches too and has way more kids than its competition.

SO over a LONG time, millions of generations for instance, you might, MIGHT, have a direct descendant that is distinct enough to be labelled a different species.

As another anon said, our definition of species is flawed in that it does not inherently take into account Time.
>>
One single bump.
>>
kill yourself
>>
Anon, stop.
>>
>>321294942

I was enjoying that thread too Anon, but this isn't going to be up long if we don't pretend we're talking about digital vs physical games. Have a bump though, this kind of discussion is nice.
>>
File: Wojak.png (8 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.png
8 KB, 512x512
hot pockets always delete the interesting threads now

we are only allowed to talk about star wars.
>>
>>321294942

Okay question, how do we know all those fossils people found aren't just different species entirely?
>>
>>321294942
>Mutation can happen for many reasons, most mutations result in death.

Stopped reading right there. You're just another ignorant idiot talking on the internet like you know shit.
>>
>>321294942
Our definition isn't flawed, you're just pointing out an inherent quirk of pattern recognition and nomenclature. Welcome to being human you autistic fuck.
>>
File: Ottah.jpg (2 MB, 2308x1944) Image search: [Google]
Ottah.jpg
2 MB, 2308x1944
>>321296676
>>321296558
>>
>>321296476
Well, that's a large pool and I don't think this answer applies to all of them. GENERALLY SPEAKING, we don't know anything for sure one way or the other.

All we have is our conjectures and best guesses. We have to have our motivation come from actual desire for truth and nothing else, otherwise our conjectures and best guesses will be inherently flawed.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.