[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>do better on the harder difficulties than the easier ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1361165435534.jpg (35 KB, 220x360) Image search: [Google]
1361165435534.jpg
35 KB, 220x360
>do better on the harder difficulties than the easier ones
>>
I wish I could upboat you kind sir
>>
>>321273898
kill yourself you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1448728963212.gif (104 KB, 300x136) Image search: [Google]
1448728963212.gif
104 KB, 300x136
>rhythm games
>doing well in hard difficulties
>switch to easy to get ranks on everything
>fail to get good ranks because everything is so slow
>>
>>321275508
Yup happens all the time. You just get so familiar with the song and hitting every note, instead of every other note on lower difficulties
>>
File: kakapo1.gif (109 KB, 240x178) Image search: [Google]
kakapo1.gif
109 KB, 240x178
>The second hardest difficulty isn't that bad
>Hardest difficulty will fuck you in the ass and call your mother a whore
>>
>>321273898

It's because you're forced to do better.

>Play Bayonetta on Normal
>Kinda suck, but I manage
>Play Bayonetta on Hard
>Fucking Grace and Glory in the prologue
>Forced to get better
>Get gud
>Get goddamn gud
>Hard mode and Non-Stop Infinite Climax end up being easier than Normal.
>>
>>321275680

Sounds like DOOM and DOOM II. I'm pretty good on Ultra Violence, but I've never bothered to complete Nightmare because it's never been fun for me.
>>
>second hardest difficulty is harder than hardest difficulty

guess the game
>>
>>321275905
Metal Gear Rising.
>>
>>321275975
yup
there might be more examples though
>>
>>321275693
This.

Harder difficulties force you to fucking pay attention, the margin for error is much smaller. So you have to fucking learn the mechanics and get fucken gud.

On easier settings you are forgiven way more for fuck ups, when it gets harder you need to pay more attention, hence why it seems like you get better at it.
>>
>>321276023

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix kind of is. Enemies hit harder on critical since all damage is doubled, but you do double damage yourself, and you start out with a shitload of abilities and AP which makes the start of the game much easier.
>>
>>321275693
I mean yeah Hard is easier because enemies attack with more regularity, but Non-Stop Infinite Climax is WAAAAAY harder. Muh 2-hit KO and no Witch Time.
>>
>>321276152

Yeah. This is probably why I suck at games more when I abuse save state.
>>
>>321275905
DmC
>>
>hard mode is easier than normal mode
>extra hard mode was cut out of localized releases
Guess the game.
>>
>>321276185

I just got very good at dodging. Got in a lot of practice with the Evil Rosary or whatever it's called, the thing that deals damage instead of activating Witch Time, on Gracious and Glorious on hard mode, so I was really good at dodging in NSIC and just wore the Rosary all the time. That's why Bayonetta 2's Infinite Climax disappointed me, it forced you to spam Witch Time while the original forced you to learn how to live without it.
>>
>>321275905
Metro
>>
>>321273898
its cause you know you gunna die and get cocky on easy and fuck up
/thread
>>
>>321276290
MGS 2 and 3
>>
>>321276290
How is it easier on hard mode? I only played it hard mode so I don't know the difficulty of easy
>>
>>321273898
STALKER
>>
>>321276351
I don't remember that tobeh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.