[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which sixth generation system do you use the most these days?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
Which sixth generation system do you use the most these days?

Did you ever 'change loyalty' so to speak or have you always preferred one the most?
>>
I've always loved my gamecube the most. I'll plug in the ps2 every once in a while though. But I play my gamecube more than my current gen consoles
>>
>>321269209
I started with Gamecube. Sold it for Xbox when Rare got bought out
>>
Unless emulating PS2 games counts as using the system then out of those I play GCN the most, mostly because Double Dash is the most popular Mario Kart in my immediate family and circle of friends.
>>
The only one of the four that I ever got to own was the PS2 - in fact, it's one of two non-portable consoles I've ever personally owned (the other one being the NES, which I only had from 2008-2012). Because of this, I'm pretty much loyal to the PS2 by default, as the only other sixth-gen consoles I've played at all were the GameCube and Xbox, which were both on single occasions.

I sure wish I could have all four consoles at once, but I still don't really have the money for that
>>
>>321269570
im so sorry
>>
I only play my ps2 from time to time. I should really beat onimusha 2

I fried my xbox playing halo 2 with it resting on the carpet within a week or so

I was a dumb 10 year old at that time
>>
>>321269209
I went from ngc to Wii, to a 360 and now a PS4.
I stil think I chose the correct consoles, but never use the older gen anymore because PS4 and PC keep me saturated.
>>
Xbox got busted back in 05 thanks to the shity DVD-Drive. Seriously, fuck Microsoft for fucking that shit up. DDE all day every day.

I'd rather emulate PS2 & Gamecube unless I'm doing record attempts.

Dreamcast just sits there doing nothing. What's the cheapest VGA Box for it?
>>
>>321269209

Goddamn the xbox is a sexy beast.
>>
>>321269536
Yeah, gamecube just feels so perfect. Can't explain it.
>>
>>321269209
Xbox because it can't be emulated.
>>
>>321269692
Fuck off, Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Conker L&R were both excellent games.
>>
PS2
Never had one as a kid, so I bought one just to soft mod it to play all the games that I missed.
>>
>>321269209
>slim ps2
ew
>>
File: Dreamcast Blue.jpg (42 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast Blue.jpg
42 KB, 600x465
>>321269982
not as sexy as the Dreamcast
>>
I still play PS2, I never owned one as a kid so playing shit like God Hand is nice
Mom got rid of all my old Gamecube games a long time ago - what sucks is that they're collector's items now.
Playstation 2 is just a better console to play now because of modding, cheap games, and the huge library
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>321271212

Is acting stupid a hobby of yours or were you born that way?
>>
>>321271159

>need to make room for more SHIT
>we don't need these video games, right anon?
>oh he's not here
>well, he won't care anyway
>>
>>321269209

I never had a sixth gen console.
>>
File: xbmc.png (476 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
xbmc.png
476 KB, 1280x720
Xbox all day, 'erry day.
>>
>>321271794
What do you need to do this?
Been thinking about soft modding mine.
>>
>>321269209
>Dreamcast 4 lyfe
>After that Xbox
>I don't use any of my 3 Gamecubes, because my Wii runs better
>PS2 is only used for MGS, and that'll end when I get HD Collection eventually

>>321271538
Lucky for you, this was metephorically, instead of being raised by farmers.
>>
>>321271794
I have a spare Xbox hueg with a broken dvd drive.
Would it be worth it to soft mod? How easy would it be to mod it?
>>
>>321269209
PC.
>>
>>321271898

I hate reading comprehension and grammar too, brother.
>>
>>321271885
>>321271990
The easiest way to softmod is probably the MechAssault/Splinter Cell save exploit, or using the hotswap method (which doesn't require a game or memory card).
>>
>>321270681

>there are people defending MS Rare unironically now
>>
Dreamcast>GC>PS2
If you throw PS1 games being played on the PS2, it goes to the top.
Never had one, but I'd like to grab a hueg at some point.
GC would still probably be my favorite though.
>>
>>321269209
I have autism i dont play viodeo games
>>
>>321272873
Welcome to /v/.
>>
I'm currently playing Mars Matrix on my DC and DOAXBV on my Xbox, I haven't used my PS2 for about 2 years now.
>>
Dreamcast forever and always
>>
>>321269209
Got all four, and loved select games for all of them.
Dreamcast was my favorite and I spent hours on Skies of Arcadia, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Rush.
Though PS2 ended up being the console I played the most simply because it had.the most games.

God I loved gen 6, must be because I was able to buy my own games for once.
>>
File: IMG_3113.png (839 KB, 746x979) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3113.png
839 KB, 746x979
>>321272348
The best piece of software they've ever released was with Microsoft
>>
>>321272225
Where the fuck do I find a usb stick I can soft mod with? All the ones I own are too big and theres prsctically no useful guides on it
>>
>>321274094
i just puked in my mouth a little.
>>
PS2, mainly for JRPGS and the like.
>>
>>321269209

My PS2, even if my Wii counts since I only use it for GC games.
There's just so many worthwhile PS2 games.
>>
Only had a PS2 and an Xbox, played the PS2 a shitload more, Xbox was more or less a Halo machine with a handful of other good games. I still have my PS2 hooked up to this day.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.