[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying to get into Guilty Gear Xrd recently, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: TIGGERED.jpg (8 KB, 180x210) Image search: [Google]
TIGGERED.jpg
8 KB, 180x210
I've been trying to get into Guilty Gear Xrd recently, and honestly, its not working out. I feel like all of my time and effort isn't giving me any reward. I have over 30 hours in the game and am still getting fucking destroyed by absolutely anybody in multiplayer. Its gotten to the point where I could be at the calmest I've been all day and after only an hour honestly thinking I could murder the guy I've been playing against because I've been in a losing streak for so long. Keep in mind that hardcore style games aren't usually a problem with me, I found both Dark Souls games to be pretty easy and overrated for how hard they were, and I play a whoooole lot of Dwarf Fortress. Does anyone have any tips on how to get better at the fighting game scene in general, but most especially GG?

>inb4 "git gud"
>inb4 "op can't inb4"
>>
>>321264891
30 hours is nothing. people have sunk over a thousand hours into GG and several thousand into fighting games. Do you honestly think you can compete with them after playing for a few weeks?
>>
>>321265065
no. That's why I'm asking for advice on how to get better. I'm also not trying to beat the best of the best, I'm just trying to get to the level where I play at least a modicum of matches without being beat up like the solitary jew who wanders into the streets of the south bronx.
>>
>>321265416
Ok here's what you need to do:

1. Play a lot
2. Learn about the game
3. Actively try to improve (eg find weaknesses and fix them)

That's it. And I'm assuming you're already doing points 2 and 3 because you're an autist who posts on /v/. Which only leaves point 1, which is why that's the only thing I mentioned in my first post.
>>
>>321264891
Who do you play?
What options and moves you can't deal with?
>>
No one here can tell you how to improve. I cant see your performance, and I cant see what you do right or wrong
Pay closer attention to your fuckups. If you get hit by something, make a mental note of it and dont fall for it again. If you're constantly falling for something like a throw, look for a pattern or something that will indicate when they want to throw you
Learn to recognize when something can and cant work
>>
>>321266119
currently playing may, but can't figure out how she is supposed to be used. Almost want to switch to someone else, but everyone is different in GG and it feels like a giant waste of time to switch after this point.

>everyone says that she has great aerials, but the only time she can use said aerials is when opponent is in the air, which they are not likely to be, because they are fighting may.

>no moves to launch opponent into air besides grab > RC, or her command grab, which can only be used a small percentage of the time, at least at my level of play.

> I have no idea how to hit confirm with her

That sums up most of it.
>>
File: 1449689388027.jpg (15 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1449689388027.jpg
15 KB, 184x184
Stop getting mad at video games.

Seriously. At the end of the day, it's just a game. I don't know any other way of putting it.

I used to get buttblasted when xrd first came out. Now? Over 200 matches played online with less than a hundred wins. Win or lose, Its all an exercise in futility. You must be ZEN. Let go, man. Let go.
>>
>>321266584
Good thing I asked. You are probably lucky because I play May as well. Just recently started (35 hours) but can hold my ground in lobbies even against players who are not beginners.
May has great okizeme game and her ball is extremely useful in some match-ups.
Basically, you want to poke them with long normals, get in, poke them with 2K, 2D and cancel into [4]6HS dolphin for damage ([4]6S dolphin if you are fighting Ky, Venom or Leo) or cancel into her hoop dolphins to set up wakeup pressure (41236P is the best one for this). Watch videos below, they show what dolphin can do.
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD/May/Strategy - great article on May basics, explains some strategies and pressure you can apply. Read it first!
Guides by this guy are good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISilkNPLlZ4 - basics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBK1emy1YzQ - okizeme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lYEnb4rqvs - how to deal with people who mash out/ press buttons when you put wakeup pressure on them. Really useful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhSOsErm-c8 - advanced video about May tricks.

>everyone says that she has great aerials
they are really situational and picking aerial normal you want can be hard sometimes.
>no moves to launch opponent into air
RRC dolphin combos
2K > 2D > [4]6S > RC > air dash jH > land jS > jH > jD > dj.H > dj.D > j.41236HS
>I have no idea how to hit confirm with her
properly spaced 2K, 2D string is your friend,
>>
File: fukkensaved.jpg (62 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
fukkensaved.jpg
62 KB, 960x540
>>321267443
you are a god among Anons.
>>
>>321264891
30 hours is nothing for that kind of game. Hell even in Single player "skill" games its pretty low. I put so many hours into Monster Huinter and Souls games in general and fighting games are no exception.
I think the problem is that on the other games you are not fighting other guys 1 vs 1 (even in souls it has a different atmosphere compared to fightan) and can put countless hours alone, improve and so on
In fighting games you can go straight to the real deal and get your ass kicked. There is not really a pve safe zone to learn the game really well. Technically its the training mode but nobody is going 300 hours in training mode before fighting players (not recommeneded anyways but you get the point)

tl;dr look out to what to improve but honestly 30 hours is kind of nothing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.