[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post LEGIT Meme games and not " I don't like it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: Post LEGIT Meme games and not " I don't like it so it's a meme game" games
>>
Undercuck
>>
>>321256050
you're mom
>>
What is a LEGIT meme game ?
>>
>>321256118
Wrong

Fallout 2
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (241 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
241 KB, 1280x720
>>321256050
>>
>>321257769
this.
>>
>>321256050
And what do you mean by meme game, OP.
>>
>>321256050
It might be a meme but it's fun to play, even without friends.
>>
>>321258307
see >>321257769
>>
>>321258718
Dark Souls 2 is an incorrect example of a "meme game", Borderlands 2,Undertale and saints row 4 however are all have multiple literal attempts at memes in video game form or copy pasted memes within the games.
>>
>>321256050

You motherfuckers wouldn't know what a "legit" meme game is if it fucked your mother up her used-up asshole.
>>
>>321256050
What's so meme about SRIV?
>>
>>321256050
Neptunia and Senran Kagura
>>
>>321256050
That thing where you simulate being a piece of bread.
>>
>>321259270
It has jokes heavily inspired by memes and attempts to create memes within the game with story missions and shit. This is one of the most obvious mainstream games that do this.
>>
File: 1442765048085.gif (639 KB, 220x233) Image search: [Google]
1442765048085.gif
639 KB, 220x233
Friendly reminder that there's nothing wrong about being a meme game.
>>
>>321259713
Can still be a great game but in the case of something like Saints Row 4 it shows a lack of creativity and the jokes were usually not entertaining but dumb and annoying, wish all games did jokes and humorous gameplay situations as well as Conkers Bad Fur Day.
>>
>>321259650
>It has jokes heavily inspired by memes
I don't recall anyone, to be honest. I do remember lots of spoofs of other games, and other gaming industry shenanigans, but those hardly are memes if you ask me.
>and attempts to create memes within the game with story missions and shit
It had humour, I don't think that makes them aiming for memes, but I'm not willing to defend that.
>This is one of the most obvious mainstream games that do this.

Isn't that Borderland 2?
>>
splatoon
>>
>>321259914
Did you even play Saints Row 4? jokes were mainly callbacks to fucking 1-2, with the rare 3.
>>
>>321259914
Old Rare was top notch when it came to humor. I laughed out loud a few times when I went through Banjo-Tooie recently.
>>
Meme Run.
>>
Undercuck
>>
>>321260247
That is probably THE most obvious but I said "one of".
Yes I played Saints Row and there was definitely meme style humor and at these times the humor was definitely different in style from the first 2. The "EPIC" gamer humor shit is the most obvious.
>>
>>321260510
The only right answer so far.
>>
>>321259007
Dark Souls 2 relies almost entirely on repeating the same concepts/ideas/memes created in the first game

praise the sun being the most blatant one, but there you go
>>
>people not knowing what a meme game its

Stuff like I am Bread and Goat sim are meme games.
>>
>>321264069
The first one didn't create memes intentionally and it uses the same concepts and ideas while carrying over a lot of aspects of the world,since it's the same universe, including the most popular parts.It doesn't carry over memes. You are a fucking underage idiot.
>>
>>321256546
Memegame should be used to describe two things. A game crammed with memes, or a game that is only notable because of its presence in our little culture.

Game Dev Tycoon is of the former, Bat Rats is of the latter.
>>
>>321264385
The second one uses memes like 'praise the sun' intentionally to bank on the success of the memes themselves, rather than the quality of the game

It's a meme game that relies on memes. Hell, the entire Souls franchise is reliant on memes, the more literal versions. Patches is a meme. Solaire/Ostrava, Yurt/Lautrec, Pates/Patches/Patches. All From does is echo itself over and over and over again. They're filled almost entirely with memes.
>>
File: Velcro.jpg (108 KB, 1110x740) Image search: [Google]
Velcro.jpg
108 KB, 1110x740
What are the point of these threads? You can't just make up phrases and words and say they have concrete definitions. The only "meme game/s" are Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel. Full, and I mean FULL, of actual memes spawned on the internet, upvoted to hell and back on Reddit, and then posted for whatever they do on 9gag.
>>
>>321256050
Memerun
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.