[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF7R and censorship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
So how will the more controversial or risqué elements of FF7 be handled in the current year with the backlash against everything that moves?

>How will they handle the crossdressing?
>Will the Honey Bee be modified and toned down greatly?
>Will they cover up Tifa and downgrade her bust?

And so on. They've already stated they are aware of "social changes" and that the game will be modified to reflect that. How far will it go?
>>
>>321239424
>They've already stated they are aware of "social changes"

And this is how you can tell how forever in the dark Japan is when it comes to having it's finger on the pulse of the West. There are no "social changes." Really at all. A handful of loud bleeding gashes on social media doesn't count.
>>
yes to all
>>
It will be sterile, watered down trash. Special snowflakes who are over sensitive to everything have to be pandered too now, apparently.
>>
File: 1447373459995.jpg (28 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
1447373459995.jpg
28 KB, 500x503
>>321239424
>They've already stated they are aware of "social changes" and that the game will be modified to reflect that.
>>
>>321239424
>>How will they handle the crossdressing?
A quick cutscene gag only
>>Will the Honey Bee be modified and toned down greatly?
Yes
>>Will they cover up Tifa and downgrade her bust?
Yes to both
>>
>>321239764
>They were talking about Western social media in an interview with a Japanese magazine
Why would anyone think this?
>>
By removing it.
It will turn into a generic mobster hideout.
She will be wearing a Hajib
>>
Culture is less free than it was 20 years ago and they call it progress. What a world.
>>
>>321239424
>no crossdressing
>turned into a general mob hideout
>way smaller tits
>>
>>321239424
It will be censored to fuck
>>
They're gonna give in, like DOA
>>
>yuffie now has zipped up shorts
>>
>>321241767
pretty much this
>>
>>321244787
DROPPED
>>
>>321244787
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>321239424
crossdressing is in, and i think faggots will love it.
honey bee will prolly be toned down, at least in "puritan" america
i doubt tifa's tifas will be downgraded, but maybe whe'll be more covered. i just hope they won't levitate for no reason, that'd look weird on high-detail models
>>
>>321239424
>It might be cut altogether
>With the above being cut, that's a lot of the most risky stuff gone
>They've downgraded her before, so expect it again here too
>>
>>321239424
>They've already stated they are aware of "social changes"
uh oh
>>
>>321245257
It was never cross-dressing. Stallone in Nighthawks wasn't a cross-dresser. What made it work is that Cloud was anything but a fag.
>>
I think it will be fine.
>>
I hope they give Red XIII balls as a middle finger to the censors.
>>
>>321246641
the people doing the censoring are the developers themselves
>>
>>321246779
since when?
>>
File: 14381111514.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
14381111514.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>your're literally a terrorist doing a terrorist attack
>you make explode a bomb killing a lot of inocent people

They are gonna change all the fucking history of the game or at least all the dialogues...
>>
>>321246873
since forever
>>
I have no idea, but we might as well start fear-mongering now.
>>
>>321246779
You're confusing publishers with developers.
>>
hoping they have cloud dress up as lightning.
they will probably remove all the actual buttsecks, and it'll just be a bunch of dudes hitting on you and shit.
the dungeon, and satanic ritual will be gone though.
smaller tits but still busty, kind of like AC.
>>
>>321239424

Honey bee/crossdressing shit has no relevance to the story and only autistic manchildren would care if it was removed/changed.

At least get something that actually matters like the combat system not being turn based anymore.
>>
>>321242724
You're shitting right? You couldn't even make games like Mortal Kombat without a massive uproar and games like Final Fantasy changed 'Holy' to 'white' because it offends Christians. They just stopped pandering to soccer moms and moved to SJWs, same shit, different smell
>>
FF7 came out during the attitude era.
>>
I doubt they'll keep the honey bee inn, it was pretty stupid anyway. Hope they keep the crossdressing though.
>>
>>321247841
no I'm talking about developers
the developers are the ones creating the game
>>
Is the steam version censored?
>>
>>321248206
No
>>
>>321248347
So the same as the PS1 version totally?
>>
Tifa will be a proud and ugly high test bull dyke mma fighter with pancake tits
>>
>>321248417
No
>>
>>321248631
yuck
>>
I wish game companies weren't such pussies, the people bitching isn't your audience and you will never get them as an audience, they don't play games at all usually. All companies are doing is pissing off the fans to appease non fans of gaming, which is the dumbest thing ever.

Me: Hey, can a get a hamburger with lettuce, tomoato, onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup, cheese and mayo?

BP Employ: I'm sorry sir but due to complaints from the vegetarian community we no longer serve beef burgers here at Burger Planet.

Me: I see, ok. *walks away*

Funny how gamers are though, they don't walk away, they take what is given which is why there will never be a change, ever.
>>
>>321248739
I get what you're saying but did you really have to use a food analogy? Smug anime face is a better form of argument
>>
ITT we pretend a stupid game we don't even want will be censored
>>
File: SJW.jpg (182 KB, 1279x717) Image search: [Google]
SJW.jpg
182 KB, 1279x717
This game is going to fucking suck
>>
>>321248894
Food analogies are the only kind anon, it's all we know. Smug anime face is a great reply but I felt this wasn't the proper time for SAF.
>>
>yfw the "social changes" they're referring to are actually about reactors
>>
What if when they said that they were taking social changes into consideration they meant that they would be introducing new themes that are happening in the real world today such as more extreme terrorism (i.e. ISIS actually murdering people to get a point across), How the internet is allowing people to gain followers by expressing an opinion that falls in line with others (i.e. Anita and feminism), or how about how the homosexual agenda in making pussies out of men and promoting men to find refuge in "bro culture" and promoting the "bros before hoes" mentality, turning a lot of guys into a bunch of homo-reliant nimrods who think marriage is somehow "overrated", which in turn leads women to thing that they can do the same thing; promoting neo-feminism in the first place, which only make men even more reliant on themselves for companionship, both sexually and emotionally with women following suit.

or they can just talk about how otaku culture is ruining the population in Japan. Not sure how they could make these things subtle but I think it could work in FF7 besides the typical CORPORATIONS ARE CORRUPT story.

>Scarlet being a rabid feminist
>Heideger being low-key gay
>Old man Shinra just profiting off of producing electricity and other "products" with Mako
>Rufus preferring to keep everyone under the same umbrella also wanting to punish everyone that doesn't see eye-to-eye with him
>Cloud not giving a fuck as usual in the beginning but growing to care about what happens to Gaia's population in the end

I don't know, maybe I'm just a faggot.
>>
>>321239424
>>Will they cover up Tifa and downgrade her bust?
brah they did that ten years ago, in Advent Children
>>
>>321249819
True
>>
>>321239424
you know it's all gonna happen
>>
File: 1422228075766.png (256 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1422228075766.png
256 KB, 576x432
>MUH CENSORSHIP
>>
>>321250741
We're bracing for it, The shitstorm when nerfed tits Tifa is unveiled will be massive
>>
>>321251526
50 threads at once
>>
>>321246161
really? never really played them but i sure got a lot of those pictures
>>
>>321239424
why can't they just do it all uncut?
>>
>>321253431
cos SJW
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.