[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Sega did decide to make a Dreamcast 2, will it sell well and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: sega-dreamcast-2-header.jpg (28 KB, 560x293) Image search: [Google]
sega-dreamcast-2-header.jpg
28 KB, 560x293
If Sega did decide to make a Dreamcast 2, will it sell well and compete with the Xbox one and PS4?
>>
Would you rather have a Dreamcast 2 or a gf
>>
>>321236835
You know what sells a console? Good exclusives.

If Sega comes up with good IPs, then yeah, it will sell well
>>
It would be the Ouya all over again.
>>
It would not. Nowadays multiplats sell consoles more than exclusives do so unless Sega's been working on their third party relations they'll be in the same exact position that Nintendo's in right now - fantastic exclusives for the nostalgic, but not competitive in the slightest.
>>
Having a Dreamcast 2 existing would be good enough for me. I'd buy that bitch up right away.
>>
>>321236835
As long as it has Yakuza I'll buy it
>>
File: RoogetKnockedOut.webm (338 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
RoogetKnockedOut.webm
338 KB, 450x338
>>321236887
seeing as I hate my girlfriend I would definitely rather have a Dreamcast 2.
>>
>>321236887
Dreamcast desu
>>
if powered by steam OS: yes
>>
>>321236835
No, because SEGA is a shitty, shitty, SHITTY fucking company that doesn't know how to manage their IPs in the slightest.
>>
>>321237348
>mod takes care of an australian shitposter personally.webm
>>
>>321237434
You're thinking Namco or Capcom
>>
>>321237434
Will it at least compete with the Nintendo NX?
>>
>>321237052
Kid, what. Nintendo consistently outsells. Your point is moot.
>>
>>321237595

He'd be right if he said hardware instead of IPs, though. Sega was losing consumer trust well before the Dreamcast launched due to hardware mismanagement and poor communication.

>>321237659

>Nintendo v. Sega again

You know, that could actually salvage this gen for me. Fuck Sony & MS, this could actually be fun.
>>
>>321236985

>You know what sells a console? Good exclusives.

PS4 has one good exclusive in over two years and it's selling great, people don't want good games, they want whatever their friends are going to be playing their "AAA" shooters on.
>>
File: 1440461237286.jpg (72 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1440461237286.jpg
72 KB, 880x880
They already did make a Dreamcast 2, it's called The Wii U
>>
>>321237854

I'm not saying I like it (I don't) but I will say that's realistic thinking. If exclusives sold over multiplats in this day and age then not only would the PS4 not be selling as well but WiiU wouldn't be doing as abysmally. And besides, just looking at recent games I don't think any WiiU title has approached Fallout 4 or Battlefront sales. Again, I despise that things are this way but the nature of the current console race kinda speaks for itself - the average consumer isn't really buying these consoles for exclusives.
>>
Xbox Hueg is Dreamcast 2

Prove me wrong
>>
>>321236835

No, Sega and Nintendo proved that the industry simply cannot support 3 consoles side by side. There is always a loser. Nintendo carved a niche with the casual audience with the Wii, then they tried to make lightning strike twice and failed.
>>
>>321238324

Why try to disprove the truth?
>>
>>321236835
It would fail, because the industry has been divided into two major parties, like politics. Are you a republican, or a democrat? Are you Xbone or Playstation?
Nintendo has reduced itself into that hopefull 3rd party, that never comes close to winning elections. But people still entertain, because they like the illusion that our government isn't being controlled by two sides of the same coin.

Sega would have even less of a chance at making it. It would be one of those novel candidates. Like when Roseanne Barr ran last election. Sure, it will get some media coverage, and people will talk about it. But no one will really entertain it seriously. It will make it's points, promote it's games, and then fall off.

PC is the Illuminati of course. Gabe and Valve are the banks.
>>
>>321236835
No.

There's no room for another video game console unless one of the big 3 pulled out. Even then, people have been dealing with Sega games on multiple consoles for a while.

Unless the games for their IPs were really good then people would be mad that they'll only be available on one system.
>>
>They make a Dreamcast 2
>It's a pachinko machine
>>
>>321241904

Wrong company given recent times but Sega Sammy could very well do that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.