[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>omg sakurai what's with all the sword users no variety!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: uh huh....jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
uh huh....jpg
53 KB, 600x600
>omg sakurai what's with all the sword users no variety! where's the creativity!

Western videogame fans are the most blindly entitled bunch on the planet.

Prove me wrong.
>>
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-inclusion-of-cloud-corrin-and-bayonetta-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/
>>
Every sword fight is a clone or has a clone. Maybe if Sakurai wasn't such a hack, the sword fights would actually be unique like Robin and Corrin. Even fucking Toon Link can be 80 times more unique than Link, if Sakurai wasn't such a piece of shit.

Also the fact most of the sword users are from the same goddamn game series might have something to do with it.
>>
>>321224269
Okay?
>>
>>321224121
It's all relative to the older games
>>
>>321224121
>Charizard & Bowser
>breathes fire
>not classified as energy
Whoever created this image failed grade 8 science.
>>
>>321224442
This is patently false unless you believe having a counter is enough to label a character as a clone.
>>
Aside from Metal Knight and Robin all sword users play nigh identical.
>>
>>321224605
>He thinks Ike is identical to Marth
>>
>>321224520
Fire breathing isn't really a projectile though.
>>
Why do you faggots care more about the roster than the mechanics?
>>
>>321224269
>Sakurai mentions that since they’ve been making DLC for Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS, they’ve been thinking about adding a character from a title that’s about to or just saw release.
Seems like literally the only other first party characters (that aren't already in the game) that would fit this description would be the Chorus Men in Rhythm Heaven The Best+
>>
>>321224729
Energy
>>
>>321224520
It's less about them having projectiles and more about their gameplay style being centered around using them
>>
>>321224520
Their gameplay style isn't centered on roasting people with flames though.
>>
>everything in this image
what the fuck was the method or forulma the retard who made this image came up with for classifying a character?
let me guess,it's some stupid shit like <2 B attacks determine where they go, disregarding all other attacks
>>
>>321225190
Try and fix it then anon.
>>
>>321225190
What characters do you have a problem with?

The only issue I really see is that the two Pits might belong in the merger between Projectiles and Sword Users.
>>
File: 1426930256346 2.png (102 KB, 922x879) Image search: [Google]
1426930256346 2.png
102 KB, 922x879
Should I get Smash for Wii U? Is there 4 people online multiplayer? I hate 1on1 situations and getting whopped and won't probably play it / get it if it's the only online mode
>>
>>321224890
>tfw we will never ever get <link> in smash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRaTLLwRj8c
>>
>>321224890
Shit, forgot about the Inklings too

They really seemed like a shoo-in, and since they also placed high in the ballot, it'd have been two birds with one stone.
>>
>>321224121
>Ryu who has the most iconic projectile of all time
>D3 who relies HEAVILY on Gordo Spam
>FUCKING PAC-MAN WHO IS LITERALLY PROJECTILES THE CHARACTER
>Brawlers
>Meanwhile Fox is heavily towards only with his shitty laser blaster
>Zelda is full projectile despite hers being shit and not used

Thats not even all of it this is shit
>>
>>321224121
>Mario is projectile-brawler but Dr Mario and Luigi are just brawler
>Mii Brawler and Swordfighter aren't strictly on their own side (altough its more of a pet peeve)
>Bowser Jr, the Mario Duck Hunt, isn't strictly projectile
>Pacman isn't between brawler and projectile.
>Olimar not strictly projectile when its fucking pikmin, the projectiles, do all his attacks
>King Dedede, Greninja, Yoshi, Dr Mario and Luigi aparently dont use projectile (if we don't count spitting out fire as projectiles, or the motorcycle too).

Also everysingle projectile user will be a brawler to some degree, so this is stupid
>>
>>321225598
Well, harassing with Fox's blaster is a big part of his playstyle. Other than that, I agree.
>>
>>321225371
>Peruvian

Yes my friend I am peruvian and own the game, its much fun and online you can play 1v1 2v2 or a 4way
>>
I think people tend to exaggerate the sword users but just looking at this it's pretty clear that there aren't many "pure" brawlers, they all make use of some pretty varied tools and abilities.

And really if you're going to count Cloud as "projectile + sword" for having a single projectile then you should move most of those brawlers up there as well. Fuck how does Mario count as "energy + brawler" but not Dr Mario? What was the thought process behind this diagram?
>>
>>321226086
I'd say shinetech is a bigger part of his play.
>>
>>321226017
>Mario is projectile-brawler but Dr Mario and Luigi are just brawler
I'm guessing it's FLUDD that gives him the edge

The rest I kinda agree with, but it's more about having gameplay that centers around using projectiles, and less about just happening to have one.
>>
>>321225598
It's pretty dumb, but to be fair in regards to Zelda the category is called Projectile/Energy, and Zelda uses magic for almost all her attacks.
>>
So what's the most OP character? The one that ends up in Smash tourney 1vs1 finals mirror matched? Who is it?
>>
>>321224121
This chart is retarded

Smashfags are retardes
>>
>>321226142
If you're playing against someone lacking a projectile, or just have a bad one, you can wait for them to come to you while you build up % for free.

Basically at any time you're not in close range, you have an opportunity to annoy your opponent.
>>
>>321226154
Also, his forward smash is a burst of fire.
>>
File: 1450739113023.jpg (685 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450739113023.jpg
685 KB, 1024x1024
Can someone post the tier list of characters in terms of how much skill they take to play?

In return have this booby lady.
>>
File: 4L_WNcU13Fy.png (209 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
4L_WNcU13Fy.png
209 KB, 500x349
>>321224985
>>321225048
Then Dedede should be in between brawler and projectile since gordos are so crucial to playing him. And while we're at it the hammer basically functions like a sword in terms of its hitboxes so he should be placed at the center in all 3 categories.

Once again proving that he is perfect.
>>
>>321224121
It should go like this:

If they have NOT EVEN A SINGLE projectile, like Lil Mac or Donkey Kong, they are strictly Brawlers. If they have ONE, they go in the middle. TWO or more they go in strictly Projectile. Sounds good?
>>
>>321224121
>Kirby
>Not in the middle, since he uses a sword for his up-B, swallows and spits enemies (as projectiles) or since when he swallows enemies he gets projectiles and/or swords (which is part of his moveset).

Get this kek out of here
>>
>>321226681
This would make Kirby into a primarily projectile character, pretty silly.
>>
File: 025 - 662mufS.jpg (275 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
025 - 662mufS.jpg
275 KB, 1500x1500
>>321224121
Where's Peach?
>>
>>321226975
Kirby should go in the middle like >>321226914
said.
>>
>>321224121
5/6 fire emblem characters have a counter on their down B, 8/12 of the characters in the sword fighter category have a counter as their down B
>>
>>321226681
No it should be based on how much the projectiles play into their fighting style.

Pac-Man is worthless without his Bonus Fruit and Hydrant so he's a projectile fighter

Palutena's only (not counting customs of course) projectile is auto retical is shit and not used that often so she's a brawler

This list is garbage, honestly. I get the point OP was trying to make but with a terrible image like that its getting overshadowed
>>
>>321227103
>Counters make characters identical
>>
>>321227103
>little mac
>bayonetta
>lucario
>palutena

so?
>>
>>321227363
Greninja too.
>>
I feel like it should be divided up into more categories, just those three doesn't really do justice to how varied most of the characters are.

Like, you could make one for characters that use a lot of tech and gadgets, and then one that's just "other" for characters like Dedede, Game & Watch, or Villager who use a bunch of stuff that that most of the other characters don't.
>>
>>321227363
so there's 58 characters including dlc, with 13 of those having a counter (14 if ryu counts but does ryu's focus attack count, I'd imagine bayonetta's counter not to be similar to all the other counters as well) 5 of those characters don't fit into the sword fighter category, why does almost every sword fighter have to have a counter, it's so uninspired. 8 out of 17 newcomers also have been given a counter.
>>
>Brawlers

what the fuck does that even mean

why are a hammer user and a pure projectile user in that category

why is Mii Brawler not in there despite having less projectiles than most characters in the category named after him

why is Palutena a projectile user

this entire thing is fucking retarded
>>
It's never been the "Sword Users" that bothers me.

It's the fact that they're all from Fire Emblem.
>>
>>321228425
Fire Emblem isn't even the first, not even the second most represented series

And what do you expect them to do when two big global releases in the series happen to come out while this Smash is big?
>>
>>321224121
Why swords though? Why not an axe, spear or staff user?

Swords tend to be the only defining characteristic of that fighter's moveset though. All the brawlers fight completely differently. What more variety can you do with a sword fighter than 'slash a guy'?
>>
>>321228593
This. You can come up with interesting and different move sets if only they'd use different weapons sometimes. There's only so much you can do with a sword.
>>
File: 1447057167635.png (256 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1447057167635.png
256 KB, 555x555
>>321224121
>Mario being projectile/brawler while Doc, Luigi, Ryu, Yoshi, and DDD are flat brawlers
>>
>>321228145
Typically smash characters are divided up in playstyle archtypes, zoners, punish/bait, stage control, grappler, and mix up are the big ones

Zoners include Duck Hunt Dog, Toon Link, Rosaluma and the luck

Bait/Punish include Dorf, Falcon Lucina and the like

Stage control include Sonic, Marth, ROB and the like

Grappler include Bowser, DK, Ness and the like

Mix up include, Doc, ZSS, Cloud and the like
>>
>>321229420
>And the Like

Fucking stop.
>>
>>321224121

Ike is a sword/brawler too
>>
>>321229638
Stay triggered faggot
>>
>>321230603
>gamergate
>>
>>321224121
technically everyone is a sword user
>>
>>321224121
See, OP, all the FE characters are on one side.

The sword side.

There's other characters in FE who are already established and popular who don't use swords. There are other lords who don't use swords. There are even popular mages (like Tharja or Soren) that would even be useful. We even have Laguz and Manaketes.

The main beef people have about Corn, including myself, is that we can tell that this is Nintendo pushing for selling a game that hasn't come out yet. It's obvious. There are other Nintendo characters that have been around longer.

I don't mind Bayonetta because she's cool. Wasn't my choice for the poll, but I can dig it.
>>
If having a projectile is enough to qualify for that spot, Corrin belongs in the middle as does Link.
>>
>>321224442
Marth and Link are the only swordfighters with clones. Ike, Shulk, Meta Knight, Cloud, Robin, and Corrin are all unique.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.