[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im building up my ps2 collection. what games do i need (/v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: video.jpg (72 KB, 1024x557) Image search: [Google]
video.jpg
72 KB, 1024x557
im building up my ps2 collection.

what games do i need (/v/ approved)?

games i already own throughout the years

>Viewtiful Joe
>Shadow of Colossus
>Persona 3 FES
>Persona 4
>DMC 2
>DMC 3 SE
>Dynasty Warriors
>Nocturne
>MGS 3 Snake Eater

also what was the best DBZ game on PS2?
>>
Though I suppose if you haven't played the previous ones, mainly 1 and 2, the references will just fly over your head.
>>
>>321217318
do the references matter? should i play the previous, or is this just a good game on its own to jump into?
>>
>>321216982
Ratchet & Clank/Jak and Daxter series
>>
>>321216982
all 3 dbz budokais are great, with each one having more improvements. Medal of Honor Frontline. Great fps definitely try to get a copy of that
>>
>>321216982
Ace Combat 4, 5, and Zero. Play them in the order I just listed them. RElease order
>>
>>321217601
Nah, they're in the form of characters so you'd miss out on the "Oh hey, it's THAT guy" but it's good enough on its own.
Though the people behind arena deserve a spanking.
>>
>>321216982
Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground and .hack//Quarantine.
>>
>>321218093
I second this
>>
>>321216982

Armored Core: Silent Line
Odin Sphere
Disgaea
Baldur's Gate dark alliance 2
Gauntlet legends
The Bouncer
>>
>>321218093
These are important

Also, the first three Sly Cooper games
>>
>>321216982
OP here

i should probably follow up a games i am willing to get. feel free to correct this if you think it's necessary.

>Viewtiful Joe 2
>Resident Evil 4
>Silent Hill 2
>DBZ Budokai 2 (maybe 1 as well)
>Kingdom Hearts (maybe 2, I might not care about the story)
>Jak and Daxter
>Okami
>Soul Calibur 2 (tfw no spawn/link)
>Ratchet and Clank
>San Andreas
>Battlefront 2
>Munch's Oddysey
>and more that i probably forgot about
>>
>>321218441
I would pick Budokai 3 over 1. 2 is like a perfected 1, and 3 builds on it with better moves and some stuff from Dragon Ball GT
>Goku SS4
>Omega Shenron
>Uub
Oh man i miss it
>>
>>321216982
Budokai 3, hands down.
Infinite World is an upgrade Budokai 3, but a lot of people, including me, think what it removes and changes are actually features that made B3 great.
Budokai Tenkaichi serie is good, but the different combat system will make it so playing against cpu will be easy as fuck once you learn the system, and against friends there is no battel if you know the system and they dont.
On the contrary, Budokai 3 offers fun even when it's a pro vs a noob.
>>
>>321218441
>San Andreas
Also III and VC mayn. Others to consider are ICO, Ratchet games, Tak and the Power of Juju, Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII, Ace Combat, among many many others

and if you get greatest hits anything you're a scrub
>>
>>321219061
>and if you get greatest hits anything
This is especially important for VC, because only the first edition release of that game includes tear gas, though that can only be found behind the police station in Washington Beach. I used to have that version of the game, but sadly the disc got badly scratched and is now unreadable
>>
sorry for the wait. i've added every game listed here to my buy list.

Also, God Hand? y/n?

keep em coming.
>>
Skygunner was pretty fun but I'm pretty sure has massive slowdown non-emulated.
>>
>>321219428
>i've added every game listed here to my buy list.
honest question, why don't you just softmod your ps2 and play all these games via dvd/hdd?
>>
>>321218393
The Bouncer is garbage.

Dark Cloud 1 and 2.
>>
>>321219613
i could do that. right now im just making a list of all the games to own.

i also just like owning the games physically. but that's also an option.
>>
>>321216982
>nobody mentions champions of norrath
Jesus christ
>>
>needing your games to be "approved" by internet autists
end your life op
>>
anything else?

spyro? any dragon quests? crash bandicoot?
>>
>>321219061
Dark cloud2. You can give dark cloud 1 a go, but I vastly enjoyed the sequel more.
>>
Also glitch in the system. And steambot chronicles.
>>
A couple personal favorites on the system I'd recommend

Mega Man X8
Phantom Brave
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
>>
>>321216982
WAR OF THE MONSTERS YOU GIGANTIC NIGGER
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.