[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: mqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 320x180
What was the point of this scene?
>>
>>321178590
Kojima really liked Mr & Mrs Smith
>>
>>321178590
Kojima wanted to insult the fans.
>>
it was a big fuck you to the fans
>>
>>321179043
/thread
>>
Meryl is into scat, Anon
>>
File: 1400248324534.jpg (19 KB, 122x120) Image search: [Google]
1400248324534.jpg
19 KB, 122x120
What was the point of Johnny looking like a young Snake?
>>
>>321181107
learnthelore faggot
>>
>>321181208

Spoonfeed me
>>
>>321178590

Kojima insisted on tying up loose ends we didn't give a fuck about.

Who on earth thought, after MGS2, "I really hope that Meryl finds someone and Johnny Sasaki is explained!"
>>
Because contrary to popular belief Kojima isn't that good.
>>
>>321181293
Genome soldiers were all cloned from BB. Johnny is a genome soldier
>>
File: 26-02-08-04-270.jpg (137 KB, 773x794) Image search: [Google]
26-02-08-04-270.jpg
137 KB, 773x794
I replayed MGS4 post-V, and was starting to think it was an excellent game all-around up until this scene, with the kicker being "NO, MARRY >ME< JOHNNY", followed by the ~uguu I've always wanted to be a bride gigglesquee~

I was willing to write it off as a minor bump, up until fucking Naomi decides to show her bitchface on FoxAlive, lecturing me about how the destruction of The Patriots was actually HER goal all along, and other whiny family bullshit no one cared about

There's another bump, but the OceLiquid fight was a nice refresher, and once more, I'm pretty alright with how shit's going, up until the twee garbage that was the wedding part, featuring Roy and Meryl dropping equal amounts of spaghetti, along with Drebin showing AND telling a little too much

There's also Big Boss coming out of fucking nowhere to tell you almost half an hour of plot-tying bullshit that's not satisfying at all, killing the impact of what might've been a somber ending where Snake an heroes

I remember hating it a lot in 2009, but 2015 made me hate the last couple hours more than anything
>>
>>321178590
Kojima flipped his fans the bird for making him make MGS4.
>>
>>321183508
>tfw snake will never get a good conclusion to his story
>>
>>321183508
On top of all that anyone else despised Sunny being a super ultra genius who helped Naomi destroy the Patriots because Otacon is not smart enough? What bullshit. Waifufags of course don't mind because uguu loli is A-OK being a Mary Sue.
>>
File: 1213781375867.jpg (131 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1213781375867.jpg
131 KB, 600x600
>>321183508
Oh yeah, about Naomi: what the fuck was she on about lecturing Otacon all the fucking time about how he's a horrible monster for not letting Sunny go outside and shit? Are we supposed to ignore the fact that Raiden lost his ENTIRE FUCKING BODY getting her away from The Patriots after she was stolen minutes after being born? By people who are known to go to major fucking extremes when they need to abduct someone?

No fucking shit Otacon isn't about to let Sunny go fucking outside, every motherfucker on that plane is basically kidnap-and/or-kill-on-sight from the secret organization you've spent a games-worth of time pissing-off. Naomi is the worst character ever, and MGS4 really hammers it in

Even worse is that Otacon let that shit get to him, and also somehow let her convince him that he has to feel sorry for fucking VAMP, a world-class shithead who not only doesn't have a single sympathetic bone in his body, but literally-backstabbed Emma right in front of him, leaving her to slowly and painfully-die right in his arms

He also starts to tear-up as he dies, what the fuck Otacon
>>
>>321183719
>kojima flipped his fans the bird because Konami made him make MGS 4

Honestly, you shouldn't be blaming the fans at this point.
>>
>>321178590
Why do people hate it so much? This scene was fun and cute.
>>
>>321184320
IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING TACTICAL RAID TO DEFEAT A PARAMILITARY OVERLORD.
>>
>>321181636
Pretty sure they weren't cloned, they just underwent 'gene therapy' using bb's genes

I don't think that would make him look like bb
>>
File: 1212929174185.png (47 KB, 611x1493) Image search: [Google]
1212929174185.png
47 KB, 611x1493
>>321184071
I think a lot of it was less her being this child-prodigy, and more that Naomi gave her the magical Patriot-killing code instead of Otacon, which she was about to do in that one scene before they fucked, then decided on Sunny instead for whatever reason, probably just to further-punish Otacon for not letting her go outside in a play to make her more-independant

Otherwise, I remember reading that Sunny's abnormally-smart because The Patriots did genetic experiments on her, which resulted in a smart kid, she's more than likely on Otacon's level, just at a younger age
>>
>>321184320
Edgelords being edgelords
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.