[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does v think of the Banjo games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_lfpggdIEfN1qgougxo1_500.png (254 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lfpggdIEfN1qgougxo1_500.png
254 KB, 500x281
What does v think of the Banjo games?
>>
Both n64 games are great. The rest is dogshit
>>
Fucking yes. First game was a good part of my childhood
>>
I feel as though 1 had much tighter level design, while 2 had a more immersive world but more backtracking.
>>
Fucking garbage
>>
>>321169039
games of their time, they don't hold up for people who didn't play them when they were kids
>>
>>321169039
What's with all these tumblr pics?
>>
1 > 2 > 3
Though that's because I usually like being able to do at least most of everything there is in a level before moving on, I dislike backtracking to do I things I couldn't do before
>>
>>321169827
most google images of gaming and anime are form tumblr.
>>
It's fun, but Donkey Kong 64 is better.
>>
Spyro is better, but Banjo was a fucking treat when I went to my friend's house.
>>
>>321171976
Wrong. DK64 had equal music greatness to the BK games and way better boss fights, but everything else was dogshit in comparison to the latter.
>>
>>321169039
Fuck this level in particular. Every time I get there, the swimming is just so bad that I can't get enough jiggies to reach the next level. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that it's nowhere near as fun as running around on Kazooie's legs and jumping.
>>
I had enjoyment with them all.
>>
>>321172096
>but everything else was dogshit in comparison to the latter.
Elaborate
>>
>>321172228
Well yeah, but I actually thought it was one of the few levels to do swimming well in a platformer. The only other platformer I can think of that does it well is Rayman Origins.
>>
Just a reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeSEDJTEdlI
>>
Anyone tried swimming to Atlantis without Mumbo's Magic?

I want to do it but I'm too casual
>>
>>321169598
Why do people tend to hate Grunty's Revenge? If you ask me, it was everything you would expect from a handheld Banjo game. Also the music was still great.
>>
Spyro > Mario > Banjo > Crash
>>
>>321169039
We think they're not as good as Undertale.
>>
>>321174352
>being this wrong
No platforms on the PS1 even come close to the best of the 64.
>>
>>321173436
Anon probably means the fact you had to collect every thing for 5 different kongs that turned off a lot off people.
>>
>>321174724
>>321173436
Not just that. A lot of the golden bananas were just mini games or time runs to get to places.
>>
>>321173678
>Found this in the related videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HruVNnVhHxg

Whoever made it is my new god.
>>
Been playing both of these on my Xbone. I've only ever played Tooie went I rented it once. Think I got as far as the Amusement park. Also, it does irritate the shit out of me that I can't get all the collectibles on my first trip there. You only have to do that once in BK.
>>
I liked nuts & bolts
>>
File: isleohags.jpg (28 KB, 627x462) Image search: [Google]
isleohags.jpg
28 KB, 627x462
>>321169039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUSeRK3mSxg
>>
>we almost had a game about a boy and his dog fighting pirates over a retarded material called floaty

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/12/22/rare-released-footage-of-cancelled-snes-game-project-dream/183834/
>>
>>321174706
except spyro and ape escape
>>
>>321175147
That sky level really was dreadful. Dinosaur level the best.
>>
>>321175102
I liked creating vehicles but the physics/gameplay itself wasn't that fun
>>
File: 4MHig07.png (146 KB, 258x249) Image search: [Google]
4MHig07.png
146 KB, 258x249
I like Grunty Industries and wrecking shit as a washing machine.
>>
>>321175026

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSOOoZ3phIw
>>
>>321174205
I'm with you, homie.
Grunty's Revenge was as good as a GBA Banjo could be.
>>
>>321173742
It's doable, speedrunners do it all the time with relative ease, but expect to drown if you're not gud enough. I'd recommend using the sub wherever you can, and warp pads help too.
>>
>>321169039
They were like Mario but worse.

I did like the character designs and the spookiness tho.
But was much less entertaining.
>>
File: 1447392947514.png (348 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
1447392947514.png
348 KB, 1300x1300
>>321175026
>>321173678
>tfw Banjo can finally get some quality hacks like Mario 64 has gotten
>new beta Banjo footage and info keeps trickling out thanks to based Gregg Mayles

It's a pretty good time to be a Banjofag right about now.
>>
>>321175889
Grunty Industries is underrated as fuck. All it needed was a map of some kind and it would have been GOAT. B-T in general could have used a map system, honestly.
>>
>>321178982
>like Mario
BK games were nothing like Mario. Mario was straight platforming, Banjo was an immersive world with puzzles and proper bosses.
>>
>>321179586
THEN WHERE ARE THE SOUND EFFECT RIPS?!
>>
File: 1389195311891.jpg (103 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1389195311891.jpg
103 KB, 384x313
>>321172228
>the swimming is just so bad

Pressing R gives you pinpoint controls and there's three different swimming speeds. (if you visit Roysten in Spiral Mountain, and on top of that he gives you double the air) You can also go into first person mode if the camera is giving you shit. The sub on the other hand I can grant you, it's pretty squirrely.

It's actually one of the most accommodating swimming systems in a 3D platformer I've ever encountered. Very rarely did I ever have issues with swimming in Banjo-Tooie, and I've played it just a few weeks ago.

>>321179974
lol wut?
>>
>>321173678
Is this an unfinished level or something? The level is big, but it feels incredibly empty and mostly just collect red feathers{lel}
>>
>>321180583
Yeah, it's a WIP. Pretty neat for what we got so far I think.

Fuck this stupid gift box captcha, god damn.
>>
>>321180539
I was saying if we've come so far in hacking the games, where are the sound effect rips?
>>
>>321175326
medievil is better than both
>>
I prefer Mario 64's more linear nature as opposed to a standard collectathon, but they're still good. I've completed Banjo-Kazooie and I've started Tooie, but something came up and I never got around to completing it.
>>
kazooie is fantastic

tooie is legit my fav game of all
>>
Kazooie is absolutely GOAT.

Tooie is also good, but suffers from being perhaps, too big, and even doing the smallest of things requires too much backtracking.

DK64 is a good balance of the two, but the laziness of the minigame barrels ruins it.
>>
>>321174205
I agree, I bought it on a whim and was surprised that it was pretty much the best Banjo could be as a GBA game
>>
>>321183236
>Tooie is also good, but suffers from being perhaps, too big, and even doing the smallest of things requires too much backtracking.
Eh, if you ask me, that problem is solved with the fast-travel thingamajigs.
>>
>>321183236
I never got why Tooie was disliked for doing nothing wrong but be larger in every way. I never minded the back tracking because you never HAVE to do any of it unless you want to collect everything, and even then I usually wait until near the end to backtrack so it's like it's own level.
>>
Collect a thon platformers are so boring. Give me some Klonoa over that anyday.
>>
i never played these games as a kid, so i have no nostalgic connection to them.

but i really wanted to play them to see what i missed out on as a kid, so i got the rare replay collection in part to give these a try.

sadly, they just feel like they're aimed at too young of an audience. i wouldve loved the games when i was maybe 4 or 5, and id probably be able to get into them now had i had that connection, but i just dont.

i only played through the first 3 or 4 levels of the first one, though, and i had no interest left in the games once i started up tooie.

sorry guys, guess i missed out.
>>
Eh, Spyro was better. Colour theory, music and atmosphere trumped Banjo.
>>
>>321183619
>Klonoa
how's it feel to have objectively shit taste?
>>
>>321183715
Spyro doesn't control half as well as banjo kazooie and saying the music and atmosphere are better is the funniest joke I've heard all month
>>
Am I the only one who thought grunty industries is God tier?
>>
>>321183609
It feels a lot emptier too me. It doesn't help that collectibles and pick-ups are reduced to bunches. You would figure with bigger worlds there would have been more to collect, but nope. Notes are in batches of 5 and there's the retarded G Cleft.
>>
I think its great. I dont get how people can complain about "big and empty" levels like Terrydactyland and still be mad at a tighter maze-like level like Grunty Industries
>>
>>321184179
whoops>>321184605
>>
>>321183715
>Eh
>>
http://youtu.be/BBOhWnebJf8
>>
>>321174205
I love grunty's revenge but the minigames were abit redundant
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.