[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize that everything that other people say about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: shigeru-miyamoto-polygon-550-b.jpg (19 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
shigeru-miyamoto-polygon-550-b.jpg
19 KB, 550x309
When did you realize that everything that other people say about Miyamoto losing his touch is really the failings of the current young blood that has been ruining Nintendo since 2005?

You think he's lost his touch because video games are so terrible today without him being hands-on. The man is a genius. He's the Edgar Allen Poe of our generation.

God bless this man's body, mind, and soul to sojourn on this earth long and prosperously.
>>
>>321167867
>"Make Splatoon a Mario game"

No i'm pretty sure the new blood at Nintendo would be fine without the old guard
>>
>>321168872
Thats the exact opposite of what he said, but good job
>>
>>321167867
If anything, it's the older generation of Nintendo who is bringing Nintendo down. They can't even open Twitter to read that fans are fucking tired of gimmicks.

Even though his last games haven't been as good, the guy is one of my idols, he's directed 3 of my favorite games.
>>
>>321168872
Splatoon is derived from Sunshine. In fact, imagine it but with Mario's platforming abilities. Are you saying you'd not prefer that?

Also, source?
>>
"Does story really matter in an RPG?" - Shiggy Dingdong 2010
>>
>>321167867
Shigeru understands player connectivity to action on screen. And how action draws the player into the game.

That's about it.

His understanding of player connectivity was pretty much all you needed when games were about running and jumping. But now that games have evolved to be incredibly more complex than ever before, his contribution to game creation has become increasingly specialized. Or at least, it SHOULD be. When he's given too much power, he oversimplifies games. However, when others are in control, and he's only brought in to consult, he ends up enhancing games. Because he helps turn the loose ideas that were laid out, become tighter more realized mechanics.
>>
>>321169073
>They can't even open Twitter to read that fans are fucking tired of gimmicks.

Yeah, that sounds like a real fucking treat. When did people on /v/ suddenly find it acceptable to think everyone should pay attention to what's shitted out on twitter?

I don't give a fuck what fans want. I don't give a fuck what you want. Let them make their fucking games without your shit influence. Developers being constantly bombarded by what "gamers" want is making games stretched and overwrought and bad.
>>
>>321170993
He's learned in all areas of programming though if you're insinuating he can't get his hands dirty these days. Nothing has really changed since say the N64 era which I might remind you was the first platform short of the 3DO to render in Real 3D.

Also, Miyamoto was the first person to mention diminishing returns in 98, back when western developers were still "Durrrr what's that?"
>>
to be honest this applies to everything. modern people are unable to handle pressure and the concept of challenge, so everything stays stagnant and easy.
>>
>>321171543
Yeah, because Miyamoto is who he is, because he can program. That's what Miyamoto brings to the table. His amazing programming talents.
>>
File: IMG_1013453053789.jpg (32 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1013453053789.jpg
32 KB, 480x480
>>321171659
We are the Wall-E gen now.

It's ok though. There is hope in the Lord as there is in every generation, for He sits on His Holy throne and all is well if we just lift our woes to Him who overcame death itself. Jesus the Christ of man.
>>
he ruined sticker star but pikmin is still good so i guess that balances out
>>
>>321169126
Splatoon was nearly finished before the devs remembered that sunshine was a game
>>
>>321170993
I think shiggy should always be in chatge if gameplay only.

The problems arise when he's in full producer mode and getting involved in areas he doesnt understand. Like story.
>>
>>321172964
>he ruined sticker star
This meme.

>says the game looks like a rehash of TTYD, which it allegedly was, and that stickers instead of badges might be cool
>devs go full retard and make sure that its completely different in every conceivable way
>>
>>321167867

He's a hack that got lucky with creating Mario and Zelda... but he hasn't worked on either series in a long time.

I'd still fuck his daughter, though.
>>
>>321173630
>nobody wants another TTYD

THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT EVERYONE WANTS
>>
>>321173732
>nintendo rehashes
AWFUL ITS JUST THE SAME GAME AGAIN
>nintendo tries to keep a series fresh
WHY ISNT IT THE SAAAMMMMEEEE
>>
>>321173850
yeah except when they "innovate" they should just do a new IP instead of shitting on an existing one
>>
File: large.jpg (27 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
27 KB, 400x303
>>321168872
>"you want to use tofu or rabbits as ink shooting characters? Shit, if you can't think of anything good just put Mario in it you fucking retards"
>>
>>321173920
So you just want rehashes
>>
>>321174090
no I want a continuation of a unique battle system that only had 2 entries but showed evolution

I'm sure you wouldn't understand, you're one of those fags who sees things in black and white
>>
>>321174090
Yes, I want more of a good thing, how horrible.
>>
>>321174158

You got more of a good thing in TTYD.

>>321174156

So rehashes, cool.
>>
>>321173732
>THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT EVERYONE WANTS
I would just like to interject and say that the entire paper mario series is grossly overrated on /v/. They're easy, mediocre games, with too many/long cutscenes.
>>
>>321174412
I want even more good thing
>>
>>321174468
Its been over ten years anon, the series has moved on. Maybe you should move on too.
>>
>>321174494
Maybe you should suck a cock
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.